SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

HairPleezeGrow

Nice haul!! I got one lousy deep treat masque and one restorative conditioner :(

I wanted more of that masque and the purification masque, dangit!! Even though I have 3 deep treats in my stash and 2 purification :look:

I use the deep treat to mix up all my ayurvedics. It helps it come out so smooth and moist.

This morning I rinsed out a mix with coconut milk powder, bhringraj powder, tulsi powder, AVG, oils and conditioner. Also, Im loving this ylang ylang EO. My hair still smells so nice! And soo soft and strong. I think this mix is a hit for my hair

I LOVE this HHJ!!

faithVA

The restorative is my fav LI!! I also use it as my midweek moisturizer. Also used it a few times as a rinse out but I dont like to use it up too fast so I save it for moisturizing. I love it that much!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

faithVA

The restorative is my fav LI!! I also use it as my midweek moisturizer. Also used it a few times as a rinse out but I dont like to use it up too fast so I save it for moisturizing. I love it that much!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I hope I love it then I would have another leave-in option. I bought it for cowashing though. I currently use deva curl when i do cowash. I love deva curl but I would like to have a backup option. And if I can get a bogo on shea moisture it would be less expensive.

Where did you guys purchase the split ender? And how did ou know it was the real deal and not a knockoff?

I don't remember but I purchased mine I believe when it came out. You can do a search for it and it will have reviews. If I'm not mistaken I think it even has reviews for the ones that are knock off telling you so that way you don't purchase it from there.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Where did you guys purchase the split ender? And how did ou know it was the real deal and not a knockoff?

Wenbev
You have to get it from splitender.com. Its pink. The knockoff I think is blue and is sold on Amazon. I really like mine but your hair needs to be straight on the ends so it wont pull.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Do you ladies have any recommendations for styles?

I usually do braids
But I can't braid lol
And my flatiron/pressing experience went wrong

So I'm trying to thinkof something besides a twistout
A style that isn't super flat

My hair is 4a/4b

Do you ladies have any recommendations for styles?

I usually do braids
But I can't braid lol
And my flatiron/pressing experience went wrong

So I'm trying to thinkof something besides a twistout
A style that isn't super flat

My hair is 4a/4b

If you have access to YT you can look of videos of different styles. I mainly do twistouts or wig so I'm no help.

HPG

I think I definitely like the Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner as a leave-in. I will try it again next wash day to be sure. It is nice and thick but I don't have to use a lot. I'm sure one bottle would last me at least 3 months.

I had a really good wash day today. I shampooed with a mudwash and let it sit for 30 minutes, did a tea rinse, oiled my scalp with NJoy's oil, DCd and let it sit while I did yoga. Rinsed, baggied, air dried for a few and then applied a leave-in, 2nd leave-in, cream, and the crisco whip. My hair was just behaving itself today.

I do like the crisco whip. I don't know if it works on my hair but it is nice and light. i used some on my hair and the rest on my body.

^^I used to love using it as a leave in. When I got preggo with my newest son, the smell was sooooooo awful to me! A coworker had their lotion. I bought it from her and threw it away. I gave all the conditioner I had away. My son is 7 months old now and I can barely tolerate it. So sad!

Does anyone know of a good creamy leave-in for dry hair? (dry as in not wet, versus needing moisture)

I used my LI on wet hair so not sure if I will be any help. Have you tried Hairitage or Silk Dreams? Not sure what in stores creamy leave ins there are.

HPG

Does anyone know of a good creamy leave-in for dry hair? (dry as in not wet, versus needing moisture)

I lurve Neutrogena triple moisture leave in when i apply to wet hair or NTM mixed with ORS olive oil moisturizer when my hair is straight. I mix it for straight hair so i have minimal reversion. HTH.

Idk if I posted my texlax results. I was almost 36 weeks post and decided to go back to the creamy crack. I wasn't retaining the way I'd hoped and also spending way too much time on my hair. I lurve the results! I've done a wash and go each day since.

Pictures or it didn't happen...

ForumRunner_20131028_132219.jpg

Idk if I posted my texlax results. I was almost 36 weeks post and decided to go back to the creamy crack. I wasn't retaining the way I'd hoped and also spending way too much time on my hair. I lurve the results! I've done a wash and go each day since.

Pictures or it didn't happen...

Very nice...what line did you use?

HPG

I'm convinced that some people with 4a-3b textured hair is actually a result of heat damage

This is based on my experience with heat

I experienced some heat damage this past weekend but I just washed my hair and i am relieved that the majority of my hair is reverting back

I can't wait to invest in komoza

I've almost used up my products and I still have splits and some heat damage in the back despite a 1inch trim so I will be investing in komoza's protein strengthner

Wenbev
You have to get it from splitender.com. Its pink. The knockoff I think is blue and is sold on Amazon. I really like mine but your hair needs to be straight on the ends so it wont pull.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Does it have yo be bone straight or would a roller or curlformers stretch be enough. Kinda like blow out straight? I might get one if it can use it without having to flatiron.

I'm convinced that some people with 4a-3b textured hair is actually a result of heat damage

This is based on my experience with heat

I experienced some heat damage this past weekend but I just washed my hair and i am relieved that the majority of my hair is reverting back

I can't wait to invest in komoza

I've almost used up my products and I still have splits and some heat damage in the back despite a 1inch trim so I will be investing in komoza's protein strengthner

There's a lot of women who's hair is heat damaged but they don't consider it to be. I've seen a ton of YT videos where clearly you can see the damage and they still say they don't have it.

HPG

Does it have yo be bone straight or would a roller or curlformers stretch be enough. Kinda like blow out straight? I might get one if it can use it without having to flatiron.

You don't have to flat iron but your hair has to be able to pass through without getting caught. Stretched or a blow out is fine as long as your hair is very detangled so it goes smoothly.

HPG

I am considering this as a Christmas Gift to myself.

I am considering this as a Christmas Gift to myself.

Going out Friday and need to figure out what to do with my hair. I guess I will break out the heat. I hate the curling iron I have. I need a new one. Mine doesn't get hot enough. I want to get a hair book so I can find some cute styles.

Last edited:
sooo after a 3rd attempt wen fig is a no go. I noticed that my hair was shedding a lot despite being extra careful to detangle before I wash as suggested and even when I did my tea rinse a lot of hair was still coming out:nono:. After my hair was 70% dry and I put my leave in and serum and it was still coming out when I combed that was it for me! I found out that there are others whose hair was falling out or has thinned out in a few months due to wen but I just happy that I cut that badboy off real quick to avoid any setbacks:yep:. Tho there are those who rave about it and it works for them I'm with the other crowd where ya it does make your hair incredibly soft but with less hair lol. Funny thing is this last time my hair wasn't that soft at all. I guess Ill just use my other conditioners to co wash for extra moisture

[USER said:
shortdub78;19160945[/USER]]Going out Friday and need to figure out what to do with my hair. I guess I will break out the heat. I hate the curling iron I have. I need a new one. Mine doesn't get hot enough. I want to get a hair book so I can find some cute styles.

Try out pinterest. There are hundreds of pics of cute styles.

Back