SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

[USER=327887 said:
Seamonster[/USER];19124731]I haven't been here in a while, I had an accident on the bus. The bus driver hit me with the door. My precious grazing shoulder length crown broke off to some where between lip and nose length. A full shoulder length crown was my hair dream this year. Now that I need about three inches to attain my goal I feel so hair defeated. How many years have I been chasing full shoulder length? :perplexed

I will be back with a picture when I get the courage to take it.

:bighug: That sounds terrible. But I am hoping despite the hair, the rest of you is ok.

Not to be insensitive, but I'm curious. How did you get hit with the door? I haven't been on the bus in ages. Did the door hit you on the top of your head?

I know you have been chasing it for a while. I think we have been chasing it together. But we will both make it by the spring :yep:

I haven't been here in a while, I had an accident on the bus. The bus driver hit me with the door. My precious grazing shoulder length crown broke off to some where between lip and nose length. A full shoulder length crown was my hair dream this year. Now that I need about three inches to attain my goal I feel so hair defeated. How many years have I been chasing full shoulder length? :perplexed

I will be back with a picture when I get the courage to take it.

Oh my word I hope you are okay! Make sure you are babying your hair back and no worries we will all get there. What do you plan on doing differently as far as your regime and styles to help you retain?

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Here are my flat twists this week. I need 8 more flat twists styles to get me through this year. I would love to have an album of go to styles. Ima need some more hair for that though :yep:

FTBK102113P1 (418x374).jpg

FTRT102113P1 (396x471).jpg

FTTP102113P1 (434x511).jpg

nothing has changed in the past few weeks. But I have tried some new products from hairitage hydration since she had a really good sale and I must admit the grapefruit punch conditioner and soft coconut marshmallow leaves my hair especially NG super soft. I really hope I make SL this year if not SL2014 here I come sigh..

Imma try that inversion method I've been seeing on here tomorrow night! ! Can't wait. If that works I'll be shoulder length in a week perhaps lol

Here's the recipe ladies

The recipe is:

3/4 cup aloe vera gel
1/4 cup crisco
2 tbsps grapeseed oil
1 tbsp castor oil

HPG

Yay! I am going to make it tomorrow. I actually remembered to buy aloe vera gel. I got the kind you can eat (bleargh).

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Here are my flat twists this week. I need 8 more flat twists styles to get me through this year. I would love to have an album of go to styles. Ima need some more hair for that though :yep:

Very nice faith! Love it

HPG

[USER=324511 said:
HanaKuroi[/USER];19127625]Yay! I am going to make it tomorrow. I actually remembered to buy aloe vera gel. I got the kind you can eat (bleargh).

Since you did this at 12:38 AM, is tomorrow Tuesday or is tomorrow Wednesday? Let us know when you make it.

BraunSugar uses more AVG than a lot of recipes I have seen. I am hoping that makes it less greasy and more creamy.

IN SHOCK.

Snapshot_20131022_7.JPG

My hair is now where it was pre-BC from last year but soooo much healthier and stronger. I'm so happy right now. So I think I'm about 1 inch away from SL or skimming it. Over the moon yall. Thanks for all the great tips! I think I can definitely make APL next year. Renewing my subscription for sure!

IN SHOCK.

My hair is now where it was pre-BC from last year but soooo much healthier and stronger. I'm so happy right now. So I think I'm about 1 inch away from SL or skimming it. Over the moon yall. Thanks for all the great tips! I think I can definitely make APL next year. Renewing my subscription for sure!

Looks great and healthy. You will definitely make APL next year girly.

HPG

Since you did this at 12:38 AM, is tomorrow Tuesday or is tomorrow Wednesday? Let us know when you make it.

BraunSugar uses more AVG than a lot of recipes I have seen. I am hoping that makes it less greasy and more creamy.

But you are on Eastern Standard Time. :)

I am making it now. Today. Tuesday afternoon. I just have to find my stick blender.

Welp I'm back on track with applying my NJoy and KeraVada oil nightly. I might pull out my steamer this week and do a prepoo with steam. More than likely keep my hair in twists under my wig with silk scarf underneath. I'm going to Walmart tomorrow so I will see what fabric they have. I'm supposed to measure at the end of the month but I'm going to measure tonight probably.

HPG

Hahaha!

Do I melt the crisco?

I don't think so. I think if you melt it, it will separate.

You might need to call on BraunSugar to be sure. I've never made it.

What I have seen on yt is they don't melt the crisco and only slightly melt the butter if they use any butters.

No, I don't melt the Crisco. I whip it with a hand mixer so that it has a lighter kind of texture.

Welp,

I didn't have regular crisco. I only have palm shortening and it is non-hydrogenated so it didn't whip right. :(

I'll try it again tomorrow. I have it in the freezer and will whip it when it is cold. I will still use it tonight anyway.

Hey ladies, just checking in. I'm all braided up in beehive cornrows for the next 2 weeks. I have a special event to attend next month and I'm having a weave install. I'll rock that until the end of the year. I plan to take it out after 6 weeks and get hair straightened for end of year length check.

IN SHOCK.

Yayyy you go girl

IN SHOCK.

Snapshot_20131022_7.JPG

Congratulations. That back will be officially hanging around SL in December.

How are you recovering? Are you doing ok?

Oh my word I hope you are okay! Make sure you are babying your hair back and no worries we will all get there. What do you plan on doing differently as far as your regime and styles to help you retain?

HPG

Thanks for your concern. My recovery has been a lot slower than I expected, so I am just taking it one day at a time.

I have been neglecting my hair, quit taking my vitamins, and forget about exercise. Right now I got to let the chips fall where they may. As soon as I go back to my regime I should be fine.

Maybe I will try putting tea on my hair and sealing with oil. I got a burst of energy and put some twist in, they didn't come out that great, but maybe they will protect my hair from further losses. Next I am going to try to add the vitamins back in.

Lol, I got creative and put a layer of chorella powder in my broccoli lasagna; it taste great.

Hey everyone. Checking in.

It's been about 2.5 months now since I got my last big haircut following a bout of breakage. As everyone knows, I've cut about 8 inches of my hair this year, in stages, after my hair broke off in random places around my head.

My back is growing out nicely and the choppy spots are basically gone in the back with all the haircuts. But I can't tell if my crown has progressed because it was such a hot mess when I started, and still is. Hoping it just needs more time.

Here are my progress picks. The blue shirt is around August 10 and the orange shirt is today after my relaxer yesterday. I stretched 12 weeks. I think next time I will stretch a bit longer, inching towards my goal of 3-4 relaxers a year.

For now just focused on my crown. Spraying it nightly with moisturizer and castor oil, focusing on conditioning it heavily on wash day, and keeping up with my vitamins. Just need to increase my water intake, I am always so busy at work I forget to fill up my water bottle. I think I will be shoulder length by the end of the year but the top layer of my hair has much longer to go. It is so frustrating because it makes my hair tough to style. :violin:

Anyhoo, reading thru everyone's posts now to get caught up. Luv u guys.

Attachments

• august 2013.JPG
    august 2013.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
  • october 23 2013.JPG
    october 23 2013.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 22
Back