SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

[-;<f
They do look rough. I will take a picture soon. I didn't have time this week. My hair is only EL. So I have no hang time. The twists in the front only hang to my edges :lol: The ones on the side only touch the top of my ear. I don't think I will be SL by the end of the year. I have been under a lot of stress this year. So I still have a long haul.

Thank you for the encouragement though. I just have to tough it out.

Aww... faithVA You know I think my Tarantula do could really work for you. By curling those short twists you create some shape that looks like a roller set. You do it on damp twists and. The curlers stretch the hair and it dries that way.

I think creating waves by braiding the twists would also work in giving the a uniform pattern and also giving a look of fullness. You don't need hang time. Think of a short cut in someone with curly hair and imagine duplicating that look.

To create shape kinda like this:

Short_Curly_Hair_Cuts_5.jpg

You can try tying a scarf to fake a pixie cut kinda like this:

tensionsingleshiddenunderscarf-vi.jpg

Or a big friendly elastic to smooth the twists in the back you push it up as if to create a puff at the crown. If the twists on the crown are curl set or wavy, esp with some shrinkage, I think the look can be so cute. Sometime hangtime creates a floppy mess. Being able to not flop would make the style I am imagining super cute.

Short two strand twist can be very stylish as Nonie has shown. Before my dreaded setback of 2012, I loved rocking my short twist. I have a fotki anyone interested in viewing is welcome. My natural album has pics of my twist and my setback. I intend to post a new pic in my natural album this weekend. I have to take the picture first. I am posting from my phone and can't drop the link to my fotki in this post at this time. My fotki name is originalcrownandglory the same as it is here.
I hope this works. http://public.fotki.com/OriginalCrownandGlory

Last edited:
[-;<f

Aww... faithVA You know I think my Tarantula do could really work for you. By curling those short twists you create some shape that looks like a roller set. You do it on damp twists and. The curlers stretch the hair and it dries that way.

I think creating waves by braiding the twists would also work in giving the a uniform pattern and also giving a look of fullness. You don't need hang time. Think of a short cut in someone with curly hair and imagine duplicating that look.

Or a big friendly elastic to smooth the twists in the back you push it up as if to create a puff at the crown. If the twists on the crown are curl set or wavy, esp with some shrinkage, I think the look can be so cute. Sometime hangtime creates a floppy mess. Being able to not flop would make the style I am imagining super cute.

I may try the rods if I have enough. My twists aren't long enough to go around even a small curler. Imagine my twists are the length of your curled up twists and then curling that length. It will take some doing because I will only be able to get 3 twists per small rod. We will see. I will try it next wash day.

I can't yet do a puff with my regular hair so will have to wait on the scarf deal.

I haven't posted any progress pics in years so here's where I am today (I hope I attached the pic right)
Full neck but what you can't see is that after my nape broke completely off and didn't grow for several months it is now back even with the rest of my hair. My hair is the healthiest its been for a while and I'm not sure if its the relaxer (my hair luvs Mizani and Mizani ONLY), I finally OUT of premenopause :spinning: and I finally realize the benefits of protecting my hair at night! :nono:

Now on to SL finally!

Hmm, maybe what you also can't see is NL lol...oh well I'll get there when I get there!

I may try the rods if I have enough. My twists aren't long enough to go around even a small curler. Imagine my twists are the length of your curled up twists and then curling that length. It will take some doing because I will only be able to get 3 twists per small rod. We will see. I will try it next wash day.

I can't yet do a puff with my regular hair so will have to wait on the scarf deal.

faithVA Duh, you just reminded me *smacks head* It was the bendy rods I used for that do (gosh this was early in the millennium and I already forgot? :wallbash: ). I have big grey ones. WTH am I talmbout rollers?! :hammer: So YES, use those. Even flattening the set curls against your head gives a really cute do. Think of finger waves but with a twist. Instead of having hair looking "painted on" you have waves patterns of separate rods.

I am trying to find a pic where I pinned my braid-out twists against my head so the were not hanging and I got a lot of compliments on that.

Last edited:
faithVA Duh, you just reminded me *smacks head* It was the bendy rods I used for that do (gosh this was early in the millennium and I already forgot? :wallbash: ). I have big grey ones. WTH am I talmbout rollers?! :hammer: So YES, use those. Even flattening the set curls against your head gives a really cute do. Think of finger waves but with a twist. Instead of having hair looking "painted on" you have waves patterns of separate rods.

I am trying to find a pic where I pinned my braid-out twists against my head so the were not hanging and I got a lot of compliments on that.

ETA: I think the pic might be in my old phone. Boo! Anyway, I just spritzed my front twists and cornrowed them to get them wavy to give you an idea of what I have in mind faithVA. When my hair dried I undid the cornrow to get a braid-out on the twists and I sorta scrunched them together to simulate a shorter do with no hangtime. Notice how well the waves hide my scalp compared to the back where my twists are just straight:

20130614_183025-1.jpg

faithVA I finally got to my laptop. As I mentioned I loved my short 2 strand twist (not that I ever had long ones:lol:) I have attached pics of my 2 strand twist on my twa and 2 strand twist on slightly longer hair. Couldn't tell me nothing when I was rocking these I thought/think I'm sexy...lol

Attachments

• CIMG0099.jpg
    CIMG0099.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 43
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 54
@faithVA I finally got to my laptop. As I mentioned I loved my short 2 strand twist (not that I ever had long ones:lol:) I have attached pics of my 2 strand twist on my twa and 2 strand twist on slightly longer hair. Couldn't tell me nothing when I was rocking these I thought/think I'm sexy...lol

Yeah, my hair is about that length. It don't look sexy on me though :lol:

I thought I was going to wash it tonight and try it. But spent all night looking for a picture for an obituary. It will just have to look crazy for a few more days.

Ok ladies, if you have not had the opportunity to view the fotki I am going to share pics from my setback of 2012 along with the pics I took yesterday. I still don't know what was the cause of my setback, one day my hair was thriving the next thing I know my hair shed itself bald. I think I may actually be approaching apl by the end of this year. My crown reaches my ear lobe I am hoping I can get that area to the shoulders before the end of the year. I now have cornrows and will be wigging it until the end of the month, I am hoping to have another weave installed in July. That is all for now ladies.

Attachments

• 239.jpg
    239.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 240.jpg
    240.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 41
  • hair pics June 2013 002.jpg
    hair pics June 2013 002.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 44
  • hair pics June 2013 009.jpg
    hair pics June 2013 009.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 32
My Father's Day weekend hair!

My braids were still damp/wet when i took them down. So my braid out had a wash-and-go kinda look. But it looked cute, and DH liked it.

image-3991628624.jpg

image-1709444097.jpg

I'm due for a trim on wednesday and looking forward to it expectantly. I will be wearing a wig for a couple of months afterward because my hair needs a little rest from being manipulated.

faithVA I finally got to my laptop. As I mentioned I loved my short 2 strand twist (not that I ever had long ones:lol:) I have attached pics of my 2 strand twist on my twa and 2 strand twist on slightly longer hair. Couldn't tell me nothing when I was rocking these I thought/think I'm sexy...lol

Both pictures are cute and sassy. If my hair looked, as full I would rock my 2 strand twists. But my scalp is messing up the game for me. I may try nonie s trick next week.

Last edited:
@faithVA how did you like your twist this time around?

I like them the first day. It's the next few days where I don't care for them. They start to shrink over time.

I will try to look on the bright side. They won't ever be any shorter than this :lol:

I didn't take a picture this time either. It's in the works. If I get home early enough tomorrow I will try to roll them.

it's weird being inbetween EL/NL. I am not sure where NL starts (i've seen charts on where it ends). Due to my botched relaxer experience, I know that I still have a ton of hair. It may be longer than I think.

Also, I'm terrified of losing length at this point because now I can feel some hair on my clothes like around my higher collars or coats and things.

it's weird being inbetween EL/NL. I am not sure where NL starts (i've seen charts on where it ends). Due to my botched relaxer experience, I know that I still have a ton of hair. It may be longer than I think.

Also, I'm terrified of losing length at this point because now I can feel some hair on my clothes like around my higher collars or coats and things.

naija24
I think EL is referring to the top of the ear and a little further down would be the start of NL (directly under your nape). Then the end of NL is also the start of SL.

Have decided to use my twist to measure my length since I can finally twist my hair. I will use the twist just below my crown. I have about 6 rows of twists. The top row is about 2" from the top of NL. The bottom row is touching my shoulder. I will use the top row to measure my length. It will take much longer to reach my goals but for me it will be more accurate. So that puts me 2" from start of NL and about 6" from start of SL.

The good news is that I should at least have some styling options by the end of the year.

So I've been eyeing the Komaza Care Analysis and been waiting for them to start taking orders again so I can get it done. I placed my order today. I hope and pray it's worth it and all that I am doing is paying off.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

I haven't posted in a while but I've been reading through the posts every now and then. I'm still wiggin it. My hair is slowly growing. I'm thinking of wearing my natural hair out soon....thinking about it. I bought some Upzings, so I'm prepared either way.

i finally got my Silk Dreams products. i m&s my hair and wrapped it up for the night. i don't know if i wanna order the Nairobi relaxer system, since my stylist has it. i think i am better off not having a relaxer in the house. this way i have to go to my stylist. i don't think i wanna be bother with DIY touch ups anymore.

Got my komaza report. Hair is overall healthy. I bought country life maxi hair as recommended for my thinning edges. I will not get the recommended stincky stuff, cause i recently bought a bottle of njoy's oil. I want to give this a try first. My hair is normal to high porosity so i need an acv rinse twice a month to monthly. It feels good to know that my regimen is not hurting my hair.
I will start the vitamins as soon as i am done with my current bottle of one a day, as a lot of the ingredients are the same. I am doing a patch test of the oil before applying it to my whole edges.

I wish I'd stop playing and really try and get this. It's 6mths left. One thing I know is that I probably will keep my wet-molding regimen. Last time I washed, I did a rollerset and the hair doesn't lay as much as I need it to for styling, so it makes for extra combing and shifting the hair.

Also, I know to only use the chi as a quick swipe after my hair is dry (also will be drying hair under dryer instead of airdrying over night....again if I don't it's a lot of reshifting with the hair).

So tonight I'm washing my hair, wet-molding it, sitting under the dryer, swiping a Chi on it ("Swiper! no swiping..." lol), then putting rollers in it.

i am going to do my best to keep my hair healthy, so when i go back to my stylist, i won't hear her mouth. since i washed my hair sunday, i might wait til thursday.

i'm going to promise myself to roller set my hair next wash day. i haven't done a roller set in a year. i don't have an issue with heat, but my hair can hold up a curly style longer in hot weather. plus, this hair on my neck is not good. that is one bad thing about being at this length. i sweat in my head and it starts on my neck.

I'm washing and conditioning again today. Also restwisting another quarter of my hair. I picked up some s curl from Sally's. I hope it's as awesome as y'all say it is. :-)

I got a new wig from Freetress called Celtic Girl. Its really pretty. I'm going to style and blend it probably tomorrow after I cornrow my hair.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Back