SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

I'm due for a trim in June but I don't think I will before my brother's weddingion the 2nd of June and I may do a length check at the same time...stay tuned!

Wow I haven't been here for awhile. Got busy with work n school but still manage to take care of my hair. Been bunning my hair a lot with eco styler moroccan argan oil. I love that gel. Best gel ever. Hair is growing. Really wish the back of my hair will get to nl by next year.

ForumRunner_20130510_224839.jpg

ForumRunner_20130510_224901.jpg

How the back is looking in april.

ForumRunner_20130510_224943.jpg

First started bunning in January

ForumRunner_20130510_225104.jpg

I am trying to be in this install another 4 weeks. Then I will do a length check. I will take week break before I reinstall. I know I maybe jumping things but if my June length check shows some significant progress than I just may make fsl by October. I know wishful thinking but anything is possible.

Wow I haven't been here for awhile. Got busy with work n school but still manage to take care of my hair. Been bunning my hair a lot with eco styler moroccan argan oil. I love that gel. Best gel ever. Hair is growing. Really wish the back of my hair will get to nl by next year.

How the back is looking in april.

First started bunning in January

Hey lady! Looking good! KUTGW! It will get there!

Last edited:
I meant to post this in here, but ended up in the TWA Support thread...

Last week I decided to color my hair...green :look:. It's only to the right (left when other people are looking at me) of my side part. Had to lift my natural color since its so dark. And a few days ago I did my first twist out using Shea Moisture's Curling Soufflé on dry hair :yay:

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

I may or may not blow dry and flat iron later today. Haven't decided yet.

Attachments

• image-2338398006.jpg
    image-2338398006.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image-2586184642.jpg
    image-2586184642.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 27
I was out of town this weekend, forgort to carry a scarf and was not able to purchase one. Was in the pool the entire weekend. My hair is a mess yall :ohwell: any suggestions for a good dc? Should I add some protein or just go with moisture for now?

I was out of town this weekend, forgort to carry a scarf and was not able to purchase one. Was in the pool the entire weekend. My hair is a mess yall :ohwell: any suggestions for a good dc? Should I add some protein or just go with moisture for now?

Have you cheated and clarified? That's a must for pool hair.

After that I do suggest a hard protein followed by a good moisture DC.

Been doing this Reggie for my daughters hair as she swims every week and she's doing good. Almost at wl.

Have you cheated and clarified? That's a must for pool hair.

After that I do suggest a hard protein followed by a good moisture DC.

Been doing this Reggie for my daughters hair as she swims every week and she's doing good. Almost at wl.

I think im well past neck lenght now. Its been three months since my last relaxer and now that im in box braids, my hair is doing well, I cant wait to take them out.

@ darkjoy Thank you! Would a reconstructor qualify as a hard protein? My hair is still soft when I apply it...should I bother with a oil prepoo if I'm going to clarify?
@Wenbev, Basically, treat it like you've just colored it for a while to be safe.. The thing about pool hair is the damage doesnt usually show for a couple of weeks. Pool water is basically bleach! And just like bleaching your hair it might be ok for a couple weeks and then boom--where's all this breakage coming from?!

If you dont have a swimmers shampoo, get one stat and wash those minerals and chlorine out. A regular sulfate shampoo is *not enough*. Yea, its kinda a waste--you will only use it once, but still...better safe, right? Aubrey Organics has a great natural swimmers shampoo for $12. Mane and Tail also has one for $8 or so.

Hit it with that reconstructor. If you notice breakage in the next week or two, go harder and do a dusting to save those ends!

Pool water is no joke on black hair!

Thank you! Stopping by vitacost and picking up that swimmers shampoo STAT. Funny, I never thought about buying that before.

Good. At first I thought that a clarifyer was enough for swimming. Girl, within 6 weeks DD's ends were frayed and dry, lookin like hay that a mouse chewed on! had to chop back from near WL to BSL :( That was 4 months ago. Got the Mane and Tail first, now the AO Swimmers, and protein or reconstructor after EVERY swim faithfully followed by an AO DC (any kind work).

it's almost like that 4 months didn't happen. She's back to kissing WL again. Whew!

Keep us updated!

My bottom Layer reaches collar bone now o// \o/ \\o

Never had hair this long before lol. The rest really need to catch up though. Guessing the crown is just past EL.

Checking in. I have been so focused on my problematic scalp but I have to focus more of my efforts to my ends. I got a good trim in March and after washing and conditioning my hair over the weekend it looks like my leave out could use a dusting.

I will be glad when my hair is finally healthy enough so that I can go at least one day without doing everything right, and have it not break off.
(does that make sense lol, Im ranting) sorry.
I havent been so nice to my hair the past few weeks. And its paying me back. Not moisturizing and not protecting it. But even when I am doing everything right, I will go one day "1" and my hair is not happy. Ugh, I hope this is just that hurdle to SL stage.

Anyhoo, on a positive note, I really hope you ladies are experiencing happy growth. :yep:
And I believe I finally have an airtight regimen. If I stick to it. :rolleyes:

Hair update - did a oil and gio 50/50 prepoo overnight, poo'd w the AO swim, hair felt a bit stiff - used gio reconstructor for 15min, and am currently dc'ing with SSI banana w heat. Feeling lazy, may just leave in dc overnight.

I watered down my Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil with water and jamaican black castor oil and then put it in a spray bottle.

After spraying my hair with it, I realized that spreadability was a lot better on my texlaxed hair than straight out of the Keracare bottle.

I will continue this or a while - I really like how it makes my hair feel more completely and better moisturized.

I've been doing the same ole same ole. I did use some of my marshmallow leave in con and a little jardin oil on my hair last night. My hair feels so soft and moisturized but not greasy. I am however going to try my new banana pudding dc maybe tomorrow night and do a flat twist out with the marshmallow and jardin oil. Wish me luck. Oh yeah the berry Mimosa works great too.

washed out the dc this morning, hair felt great! used gio protein leavein, AG setting lotion and made six canerows. Let my hair airdry under a scarf while I did some yardwork. By noon undid the braids with hot six oil and my hair feels and looks great! Thank you for the advice DarkJoy!

Man, it took me three days to do my crochets but I'm done! The hair I used is too silky straight so I won't be using it again for this style but it will do. My cornrowing skills suck with small braids but are awesome with medium and big braids which is why in this pic it looks like I have had these in for 3 weeks! I used 8 packs because it was silky and thin. 1 pack of kanekalon is the same as 2 packs of this hair. Overall I will be purchasing a couple of hats to wear with this hair and still keeping it in for 4 weeks. Then I will redo it right! I used #4 and #8 hair. Will post a pic with my hat on and the hair unbraided sometime this wknd!

ForumRunner_20130516_015202.jpg

ForumRunner_20130516_015214.jpg

Hi ladies,

Was wondering if I could get a bit more of your great advice. For all of the braiders, I was wondering what you use to moisturise daily?
My hair is still growing well, but I've noticed it's starting to feel really dry. I think it's time for a product change. What do you guys use that results I'm soft moisturised natural hair on take down? My hair is really protein sensitive, so I can't actually use any protein products (very rarely)

Hi ladies,

Was wondering if I could get a bit more of your great advice. For all of the braiders, I was wondering what you use to moisturise daily?
My hair is still growing well, but I've noticed it's starting to feel really dry. I think it's time for a product change. What do you guys use that results I'm soft moisturised natural hair on take down? My hair is really protein sensitive, so I can't actually use any protein products (very rarely)

I make sure my hair is moisturized when I first braid it then I just dc while in the braids to keep up with my moisture and use any good scalp spritz or pomade for my scalp. You can also dc with just coconut oil and either leave it in or cowash it out.

I make sure my hair is moisturized when I first braid it then I just dc while in the braids to keep up with my moisture and use any good scalp spritz or pomade for my scalp. You can also dc with just coconut oil and either leave it in or cowash it out.

Thanks hairpleezegrow. This is what I have always done, but it doesn't seem to work anymore?

Hi ladies,

Try using a glycerin mix with an oil .. Like I've been using veggie glycerin with castor oil and water .. Mix together and spray on braids :-)

Question. The first time I took out my sew in a had little shedding and it grew noticeably longer. This time I shed so much a lot more. Is this normal? I'm still under the dryer confused.

Question. The first time I took out my sew in a had little shedding and it grew noticeably longer. This time I shed so much a lot more. Is this normal? I'm still under the dryer confused.

Yes hair shedding is very normal and when you have sew ins your shed hairs aren't able to come out so they are collecting. That's why it seems like a lot when you do remove them.

Back