SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

faithVA, that's what I'm thinking. I at least wanted to try it out to see if it woudl make any difference. All I got was extra leg hair :/ It also may be this Kojic Acid soap i'm using. I have no idea!!

I just want new growth so thick I can't stick my fingers in it, so that when I relax, my hair will be LAYED HUNTY.

faithVA, that's what I'm thinking. I at least wanted to try it out to see if it woudl make any difference. All I got was extra leg hair :/ It also may be this Kojic Acid soap i'm using. I have no idea!!

I just want new growth so thick I can't stick my fingers in it, so that when I relax, my hair will be LAYED HUNTY.

Yesterday was my 100th day taking biotin 10,000 mcg (natrol brand) I had no issues with itching just from my experience ..still have sew in installed cant wait to see results when I take it down in about 2-3 weeks

The back of my hair is so choppy and terrible looking. I'm going to relax at 12 weeks on Wednesday and get a haircut on Thursday after work. I'm starting this hair journey over again but with a better idea of what my hair needs and what products work for me. I'm not trying out any new products for the rest of the year and I'm keeping it simple

Well I am thinking of putting some nice individuals in my hair that match my dye color... i want them braided all the way down and medium sized... Something to protect my hair and not have to worry about my hair when I go hard at the gym!

Still nothing to report here. I trimmed what was left of color damage after my bc. My bc i left 2" or so. Dusted that every 6 weeks and couldnt take the bushy ends. Still a firm nl though.

Its been in crochets since my trim to help me retain what i just cut off.

i just recently had given myself a major cut. i would like to join this challenge!

Neck Length/SL
Relaxed
wraps, roller sets ( i will be wearing my hair out) washing/dc weekly
i take prenatal, iron, but for postpartum reasons
i want to hit full SL by October!

picture.php

Nothing new here ladies. I tired a twist out on my hair last week and it just came out okay I guess. I didn't like it so only kept it for like 2 days lol. I may revisit it again sometime this week. Here's the pics. I used the chocolate leave in by SD I think (don't remember the name) and then the pumpkin seed butter by...ugh I don't remember lol but anyway my hair was moisturized however I think I used to much product bc my front twist felt weighed down and that's a no no for my fine strands.

ForumRunner_20130604_135316.jpg

ForumRunner_20130604_135332.jpg

ForumRunner_20130604_135350.jpg

ForumRunner_20130604_135409.jpg

ForumRunner_20130604_135424.jpg

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my SPH-L900 using LHCF

Last edited:
shortdud78 That A-line is banging! I am so excited I dream of a curly a-line :wave:
If the rest of the people that are growing to SL would chime in regularly, we would be on the first page. But it is just a faithful few that recognize how hard it is to get to shoulder length with some healthy cute hair along the way.

HairPleaseGrow I see you have a tail in the back like me. Lol, I love your twist out, and those streaks of color are so cute.

shortdud78 That A-line is banging! I am so excited I dream of a curly a-line :wave:
If the rest of the people that are growing to SL would chime in regularly, we would be on the first page. But it is just a faithful few that recognize how hard it is to get to shoulder length with some healthy cute hair along the way.

HairPleaseGrow I see you have a tail in the back like me. Lol, I love your twist out, and those streaks of color are so cute.

Yep we need more people chiming in on our SL thread. Its slowly dieing :-( I find myself hunting for this thread smdh.

Thnx yeah I have this tail and I think once my hair does get longer I'm going to have a "V" back there. Not sure how I feel about that lol. The color was from a dye I had used last September and I recently used henna twice so it made it a little better and covered my grays wonderfully.

HPG

Still going strong despite my setback I mentioned upthread :( Instead of making SL grazing in July and full cbl/sl in October, I think I'll be hard pressed to make full cbl in December. It's okay though, I've learned some lessons. Did an awesome henna yesterday my grey roots are still a little orangey but should be better in a couple days. I'm also doing perm rod sets, will be doing one tomorrow. Will see if I can get a good picture. :click:

Ok ladies I guess I can help keeping the thread alive since I lurke in here anyways.
I BC in January after an 11 month transition
Hair type: 4b/c
Current length: NL
I was actually waiting for my June trim ( second one since BC'ing) to see if I can realistically hope for sl in 2013. I just trimmed on monday about 1/2 inch all around and I seem to be still a solid NL. So I'm taking the plunge to join you ladies.
Regimen: shampoo (sulfate) once a week, cowashing once a week, DC after each wash. I narrowed down my products to 3 main lines: claudie revitalizer, silk dreams and qhemet biologics. My shampoo however is joico moisture recovery.
My hair is a protein wh@re so I do a mild to moderate protein followed by a moisturizing dc weekly and a hardcore every 6 weeks. My midweek cowash is always followed by a moisturizing dc.
I wear my hair in twists, puffs, twistouts, Bantu knot outs.
I take a multi vitamin daily. Used hairfinity for 7 months while "stretching" my relaxer last year, and a sulfur oil mix. I got so much shedding that my hair thinned out so much forcing me to transition and just start over as a natural. My plan is to relax again once APL. So I don't mess with growth aids. I do howevever use sprout from HH on my troubled edges and nape. Thinking on changing to Njoy s oil though for these areas only. Her widow peak thread got me intrigued.
I moisturize daily alternating with SD almond buttercream and Qhemet brbc. Now for the starting pictures

View attachment 211897

image-4132543549.jpg

Neck length

image-1158381789.jpg

Blowout twistout (fail) about a month ago 4/27.

image-2277569595.jpg
Lightly blow dried and freshly trimmed

image-2632169763.jpg

My thinning edge

Last edited:
Nothing new here ladies. I tired a twist out on my hair last week and it just came out okay I guess. I didn't like it so only kept it for like 2 days lol. I may revisit it again sometime this week. Here's the pics. I used the chocolate leave in by SD I think (don't remember the name) and then the pumpkin seed butter by...ugh I don't remember lol but anyway my hair was moisturized however I think I used to much product bc my front twist felt weighed down and that's a no no for my fine strands.

View attachment 211819

View attachment 211821

View attachment 211823

View attachment 211825

View attachment 211827

HPG

very nice hair! and i like the color!

i recently ordered some products and i still haven't gotten a confirmation as to when they would be shipped out. i waiting to get them so i can wash my hair. i want to use what the stylist used on me.

also, i think i need a bonnet in order to help keep my scarf on.

i usually like to wash my hair every couple of days, but for the time being, i am going to wash weekly, if i can keep product down to bare minimum.

some of my new products will be here tomorrow, so i will be able to wash my hair this weekend. nothing else to report. trying to keep this thread on page 1 !

still hanging in here. I don't want this thread to die either. I think since nothing hasn't really changed I've just lurked. So let's see i'm 9 weeks post with 3 more to go. Last week I washed, dc'd, did a roller set and flat ironed my roots and finally dusted. I went away for the weekend and had my hair out and it is grazing my shoulders! When I get my touch up I will definitely post pic.

Still going strong despite my setback I mentioned upthread :( Instead of making SL grazing in July and full cbl/sl in October, I think I'll be hard pressed to make full cbl in December. It's okay though, I've learned some lessons. Did an awesome henna yesterday my grey roots are still a little orangey but should be better in a couple days. I'm also doing perm rod sets, will be doing one tomorrow. Will see if I can get a good picture. :click:

Oooh I hope you can get a good pic. For some reason I can't get a good pic of my hair since my grays are really what stand out.

HPG

Ok ladies I guess I can help keeping the thread alive since I lurke in here anyways.
I BC in January after an 11 month transition
Hair type: 4b/c
Current length: NL
I was actually waiting for my June trim ( second one since BC'ing) to see if I can realistically hope for sl in 2013. I just trimmed on monday about 1/2 inch all around and I seem to be still a solid NL. So I'm taking the plunge to join you ladies.
Regimen: shampoo (sulfate) once a week, cowashing once a week, DC after each wash. I narrowed down my products to 3 main lines: claudie revitalizer, silk dreams and qhemet biologics. My shampoo however is joico moisture recovery.
My hair is a protein wh@re so I do a mild to moderate protein followed by a moisturizing dc weekly and a hardcore every 6 weeks. My midweek cowash is always followed by a moisturizing dc.
I wear my hair in twists, puffs, twistouts, Bantu knot outs.
I take a multi vitamin daily. Used hairfinity for 7 months while "stretching" my relaxer last year, and a sulfur oil mix. I got so much shedding that my hair thinned out so much forcing me to transition and just start over as a natural. My plan is to relax again once APL. So I don't mess with growth aids. I do howevever use sprout from HH on my troubled edges and nape. Thinking on changing to Njoy s oil though for these areas only. Her widow peak thread got me intrigued.
I moisturize daily alternating with SD almond buttercream and Qhemet brbc. Now for the starting pictures

Neck length

Blowout twistout (fail) about a month ago 4/27.

Lightly blow dried and freshly trimmed

My thinning edge

Welcome. :-) and by the looks of it from your twistout it looks like you already at SL or pretty darn close. How do you like the stuff you are using on your edges? Have you noticed a difference? Thnx

HPG

still hanging in here. I don't want this thread to die either. I think since nothing hasn't really changed I've just lurked. So let's see i'm 9 weeks post with 3 more to go. Last week I washed, dc'd, did a roller set and flat ironed my roots and finally dusted. I went away for the weekend and had my hair out and it is grazing my shoulders! When I get my touch up I will definitely post pic.

That's gr8 news I'm sure you will be full SL by the end of the year.

HPG

Oooh I hope you can get a good pic. For some reason I can't get a good pic of my hair since my grays are really what stand out.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from . my SPH-L900 using LHCF
I tried! I'm sorry :( It just looks like a dark head of hair. And the curls are so tight.

I just purchased hemp seed oil and wheat germ oil for the ceramides (check out the ceramides board) and JA black castor oil for my problem nape area. Trying my best to keep this on pg1! lol

I'd like to help keep this thread at the forefront (I lurk all the time anyway, lol).

My goal is to get to full SL in length AND thickness by December 2013.

I am transitioning from bone straight relaxed to texturized

To get to full SL I am doing henna glosses every two weeks, no direct heat, PSing, brahmi oil prepoos, garlic and cayenne pepper oil prepoos, keeping the protein/moisture balance and scalp massages.

I am terrible at staying consistent with supplements. When I remember I take Toji pure life hair density vitamins.

I will post pics as soon as I stop being lazy and wash my hair!!

I am still in a sew-in that I will be taking out towards the end of the month. I will be able to assess how close I am to sl at that time. Will have another weave installed a week or two after the removal of my current install. I continue to pamper my leave out but have decided that for my next install I will use hair with more texture so that I don't fry my leaveout using heat. I considered a closure but my hair is thriving and growing well. I am also in the 12 inches in 12 months challenge and I have been getting at least an inch every 4 weeks based on the growth of my leavout. Having a closure would be a headache because I would to have the closure constantly adjusted during my install. This weekend I will wash and deep condition my hair this weekend.

I was in kinky twists for a few weeks. They were driving me a bit crazy so I took them out last night. I will be try to do my wash regimen before the end of the week and cowash every 2 or 3 days. My crown isn't even EL yet. My nape hair on the right is SL. I think my nape hair on the left is still NL. My hair grows so lopsided.

I'm not sure how close or far from SL I am. Just going to try to keep my hair and scalp hydrated and hope that I see good results.

I have decided that I am two inches from NL at my nape. My hair finally covers most of my ears on the sides. I'm pretty happy about it.

I'm mostly excited this week because I appear to have solid bangs, which I haven't had in months!!

Back