SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Ummm @Aggie you are already SL lol. Are you trying to be full SL (i.e. - your bangs reach SL) or SL while natural? It looks great regardless

Thank you itismehmmkay. I am trying to get a fuller SL for the rest of this year then next year, I will concentrate on achieving full APL. I believe I will graze APL this year but I don't think I'll claim it until it is at least 70% there.

Cowashing and bunning is surely paying off for me. I think I'm almost SL but I will need another 4-6 months to get there completely. I have been taking my TOJI Hair Density Vitamins for about a month now and I gatta admit I love the vitamins. I have pics I want to share with everyone and I will take another set of pics at the end of 6 months of taking them as well to measure my progress. Here are the pics after one month of taking TOJI vitamins:

Your hair looks very pretty. Can't wait to see it in 6 months. Your longest layers may be APL by then :yep:

Running out of hair styles. Bunning and bantu knot pony's are getting tiring. Now sure how else to style my hair. I have always been averted to braids/twists since I was younger but now that I am trying to PS for max retention...I am getting bored :(

[USER=375439 said:
hnntrr[/USER];17972517]Running out of hair styles. Bunning and bantu knot pony's are getting tiring. Now sure how else to style my hair. I have always been averted to braids/twists since I was younger but now that I am trying to PS for max retention...I am getting bored :(

Can you twists and put your twists into a bun and leave a few out for a bang?

Can you flat twists? You can do some nice updos?

You can flat twist the front and twist the back. Flat twist the front and bun he back. Twist the front bun, the back.

Maybe check out the Bun, Twists, Braid challenge to get some ideas.

Maybe you can rollerset for a few days just to give you a change of pace.

You can flat twist the front and twist the back. Flat twist the front and bun he back. Twist the front bun, the back.

Great ideas! I would suggest a wig just for play!

I was thinking about getting twists installed, but I dont know how they would look on my an I am scared to do them and not like them...my hair is still to short to pull off twists so Id have to add some hair. But I dont know if I am confident enough to do those and deal with people at my school / people I know to make comments about it (especially my school since it is primarily white and everyone always makes rude comments if I dont come to class with straight hair even though there are other naturals represented). I guess I am just scared that they wont look right/I will get a bunch of nonsense comments about them.

[USER=375439 said:
hnntrr[/USER];17972663]I was thinking about getting twists installed, but I dont know how they would look on my an I am scared to do them and not like them...my hair is still to short to pull off twists so Id have to add some hair. But I dont know if I am confident enough to do those and deal with people at my school / people I know to make comments about it (especially my school since it is primarily white and everyone always makes rude comments if I dont come to class with straight hair even though there are other naturals represented). I guess I am just scared that they wont look right/I will get a bunch of nonsense comments about them.

People are making fun of you because they know you are sensitive. So work on being more comfortable with your hair. Girl my hair looks a hot mess many days I come to work. They know not to say anything to me :lol: It takes practice though.

Each time you do your hair, wash day or anytime you are moisturizing and styling, play around with just doing a few twists/flat twists in the front. That way you get practice but you won't be doing your entire head. You can do 1 single flat twists down a side and twists it back so it goes into a bun. If it looks good keep it, if not you can take it out but its not a big deal because you didn't spend that much time on it.

Don't worry about adding hair. Just play around with your own hair for right now. And then it will get easier and easier.

Your hair looks very pretty. Can't wait to see it in 6 months. Your longest layers may be APL by then :yep:

Thanks for the compliment faithVA. I am praying that with the help of my Toji Hair Density vitamins, I will be at APL in that time for sure even though I am due for a trim at the end of March and again in August. So I'll see:look:.

So yesterrday I did the following:

Pre poo- coconut milk, honey, evoo, SSI avocado (focus on NG)
Wash- Hairveda amala cream rinse
Condition- Hairveda moist 24/7
Rinsed with coffee, tea, avj
DC- Slippery elm and marshallow root
LCO - HH Cocoaloe hydrator, soultanicals fluffalicios, cocojbco

Hair feels good and is progressing well. I cant wait til the length check in April.

Cowashed tonight with a mix of conditioners. It took me 45 minutes to twist up. Hopefully by the summer, I can reduce that time. But it's feeling better and looking better. So I'm happy :yep:

I want to be a part of this challenge. I am transitioning from relaxed to natural and my hair is currently apl. I pkan on cutting off my relaxed ends in december 13. At that time i want to have at least sl hair shrinkage included. I plan on co washing my hair twice a week and cleansing with a cleansing cream once a month and chelating with a dc once every 1-2 months due to the hard water in the area i will be in. Ill be keeping my hair braided and my go to style in case of a rush one day will be a bun. Ill moisturize with aphogee leave in conditioner daily and m&s twice a week. Im excited about this chaallenge. I havent been able to stick to many of my own personal challenges but maybe doing this one on lhcf will give me a sense of accountability

In my book, LHCF is weird about different lengths. I feel like SL should start when your hair physically touches the top of your shoulders, but apparently that's just neck length so I'm confused by some of the checkpoints here.

It should be:

Pixie Cut/TWA
Ear Bob
Shoulder Bob
APL
Mid Back
Waist
To infinity and beyond

In my book, LHCF is weird about different lengths. I feel like SL should start when your hair physically touches the top of your shoulders, but apparently that's just neck length so I'm confused by some of the checkpoints here.

It should be:

Pixie Cut/TWA
Ear Bob
Shoulder Bob
APL
Mid Back
Waist
To infinity and beyond

Kml at "infinity and beyond" thanks :)

I got a trim and that B-word cut off 2.5 inches!!!! What a freakin set back!!!! I am so mad! I am barely even neck length now! I do not know if I am going to reach SL this year :(

I got a trim and that B-word cut off 2.5 inches!!!! What a freakin set back!!!! I am so mad! I am barely even neck length now! I do not know if I am going to reach SL this year :(

Dag. I'm so sorry to hear that. But, don't lose hope! Its still early and I think you can do it!

You will! Its still early in the year...and 4 months from now you will be grazing SL!! At least now you know your ends are super healthy (and not to go back to that stylist hahaha)

Dag. I'm so sorry to hear that. But, don't lose hope! Its still early and I think you can do it!
I am trying not to lose hope. I am hoping I am shoulder length by the end of the summer. I am trying hard not to relax till then. It has only been two months since my last relaxer. Thank Gawd I can put my hair in a bun...even though it is a very pathetic bun! :lachen:

:samurai: off with her hand. 2 1/2 inches, every time I hear something like this I want to just go beat a hair stylist down for hair jacking.

I am thinking get an understanding at the shop. I say put measurements on your crowbar or baseball bat and take it to the salon with you. Then say to your stylist, ' :swearing: my hair is _inches; for every 1/2 I am going to take this bat and tap that...:bat:'

I have no idea where I am I havnt flat ironed for awhile and dont plan to. I think I might have my friend install Havanna Twists after I get back from my Grad interview in Boston next week. I was thinking I was going to flat iron but SO might have to just get over the fact that its curly.. Maybe. I cant find a heat protectant without cones...so looking into natural fixes since I dont want to ever shampoo my hair again D:

I cowashed my hair again tonight. My scalp is very happy. Took pictures for my 2 inches in 4 months challenge. Twisted it up for tonight.

Thank you everyone! Now I feel very encouraged! I am on such a tight regime! I am only using heat on my hair once month. I am not going to relax my hair for a while. It has already been two months so I am good in that department. I may not relax it till the summer. The winter here is so harsh I never where my hair down anyway.

I have no idea where I am I havnt flat ironed for awhile and dont plan to. I think I might have my friend install Havanna Twists after I get back from my Grad interview in Boston next week. I was thinking I was going to flat iron but SO might have to just get over the fact that its curly.. Maybe. I cant find a heat protectant without cones...so looking into natural fixes since I dont want to ever shampoo my hair again D:

Maybe you can find a heat potectant with water soluble cones (I think dimethicone is one) so when you cowash it still cleans your hair and you still won't ever have to use cones. Shescentit had a serum called jojoba healthy hair serum but its out of stock right now and Komaza care hs a matani serum that has 1 cone that I think is water soluble. I never tried them but both companies sell amazing products so when I start fatironing/rollersetting my hair I will be trying both!

Maybe you can find a heat potectant with water soluble cones (I think dimethicone is one) so when you cowash it still cleans your hair and you still won't ever have to use cones. Shescentit had a serum called jojoba healthy hair serum but its out of stock right now and Komaza care hs a matani serum that has 1 cone that I think is water soluble. I never tried them but both companies sell amazing products so when I start fatironing/rollersetting my hair I will be trying both!

hnntrr, I mentioned the Nubian Heritage Heat Protectants in the other thread. You can get them from Walgreens and maybe Targets. They don't have cones. Also Sally's has some natural products that are heat protectants with out cones.

Got this from NaturalCurly.com

Water soluble silicones can be identified by a PEG or PPG in the name. There are a few others that don't follow this rule. Curl Chemist has an article with a table.

In addition to the water soluble stuff, there are a few other non-traditional silicones. Cyclo-cones (begin with "cyclo") do not build up because they are designed to evaporate off of the hair during the drying process. Amodimethicone (a-cone) is not water soluble, but once it dries on your hair it repels further deposits of itself, so there is no buildup associated with regular use.

Back