SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Ok, can't measure to SL by myself so going to estimate.

I have 4" of hair. From an arbitrary point in the back of my head to neck length is 10 inches. I think SL is 12" on me. So I have 8" to go. Unless I get some amazing growth spurt won't be making SL this year. Will not even have all of my hair at NL. :ohwell:

Ok, can't measure to SL by myself so going to estimate.

I have 4" of hair. From an arbitrary point in the back of my head to neck length is 10 inches. I think SL is 12" on me. So I have 8" to go. Unless I get some amazing growth spurt won't be making SL this year. Will not even have all of my hair at NL. :ohwell:

faithVA, you may come really close though, don't get discouraged! If you can retain almost evrything you grow from this point, depending on your avg growth rate that could be at least 3-5 inches. If you're taking vitamins and depending on your regimen 5-8???

@faithVA, you may come really close though, don't get discouraged! If you can retain almost evrything you grow from this point, depending on your avg growth rate that could be at least 3-5 inches. If you're taking vitamins and depending on your regimen 5-8???

Aw thanks Wenbev. Not discouraged. Just being realistic. If I grow at avg 1/2" a month, thats another 5 inches this year if I can retain all of it. NL is 10" for me. So at the end of the year it looks like I will be sitting at NL.

But yeah, you are right, if I get some amazing growth spurt and I have great retention, you never know.

Aw thanks Wenbev. Not discouraged. Just being realistic. If I grow at avg 1/2" a month, thats another 5 inches this year if I can retain all of it. NL is 10" for me. So at the end of the year it looks like I will be sitting at NL.

But yeah, you are right, if I get some amazing growth spurt and I have great retention, you never know.

Spurt and retention!

I recently took my sew in out after 2.5 mths! what growth and my hair is on it's way back to a healthy state. awesome experience as a first time weavy! I'm hooked. ill post pics later

image-2387273476.jpg

before and after

Attachments

• image-1264857106.jpg
    image-1264857106.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I am fighting the urge to to take this protective style and straighten my hair for a length check. That is all :look:

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

Washed my hair earlier than usual. Airdryingin in medium twists. Will start wearing more twists. Plan on putting in spring twists soon. Practicing starting them so the installation will go faster.

It's taking me forever but I'm going to post a lil now.

I am a mixed set of type 3 and 4 hair. Fine, medium, and coarse throughout. 4.5 to 5.5 inch TWA, natural.

I am taking a super b complex with vitamin c for overall health but I may get back on msm in the future as well. I also have Bee Mine sulfur serum that I will use two weeks out of each month. On weeks when I won't be using the sulfur, I will use Wild Growth Oil to massage my scalp

My hair is currently NL and touches the very top of my shoulders. To help me retain growth, I plan to moisturize and seal twice daily, DC at least once per week, and finger detangle more. I also am incorporating tea rinses into my regimen both on wash day and when moisturizing.

I'll be back with thorough pics in the morning

I have half a mind to wash my hair tonight and trim off these ends. They are lookin gross and its been about 4 weeks since my last trim I think. They are lookin pretty rough. But i wash my hair tomorrow with DC and it might be a waste...maybe ill just wet the ends and see if they need to be trimmed. Or just wait till tomorrow.

Good news, 2013 is being good to me. I just have 2-3 inches before I can safely claim SL. I can't wait. I can finally hold my dream on my head. Looking forward to the April length check to see where I am.

I'm happy everyone is making progress! Hopefully I won't be to far behind y'all! I want to try a sulfur growth aide by August. If I'm done nursing or at least decreased drastically...

Trimin 1/4 inch of my length tonight I think...ends are look ragedy. About an inch/inch and a half on both sides till CBL...just in the back though. Sides are a little shorter than the bottom of my ears. Excited for april length check.

Since today was my "off" day from working out, I co-washed with my HE HH yesterday which I normally do on Wednesdays. I was experiencing some light shedding so I DC'd w/ Motions Silk Protein somebodyoranother an hour longer than what I wanted. I was aiming for 20 minutes but I got a phone call & went waaaay over the time. I thought my hair was gonna be hard but it wasn't. It actually came out really soft & nice! Cantu leave-in & wrapped w/ my Motions foaming wrap then went to bed. I did not cornrow this morning & only ran some ECVO oil through my hair & ends & wrapped it back up to go under my wig. I've also started wearing a silk/satin (idk which) scarf so that the wig cap doesn't rub my egdes. It makes my wig feel a lot more snug :grin:.

I'll cornrow again tonight for the rest of my workout week. I'm almost 5 weeks post now & only had about 1/4 an inch of NG last Wednesday but now I'm up to about 1/2. Hoping for at least another 1 1/2-2 by April Check in. Thats about all I'll need for the back to be at SL. Since I was going scissor happy in November & December I promised myself I wouldn't touch my ends at all for 3 months which is my relaxer stretch. I'll wait until relaxer & length check time.

I can already feel a lot of ng. How much inch of ng. Idk. Hoping by April I have a good amount. I had an relaxer in December. Just been m/s while its in braids

Hey ladiees! So Sunday I washed my hair but did not have good results. Learned my hair and cleansing cremes/conditioners have some more kinks to work out (lol). So I rewashed my hair on Monday and all is well again. Cornrows are in until next wash day on Sunday. Hair is doing good tho. Still stretching my relaxer until april so I know I will have some good growth. I need to start applying my DC's to my NG...

I think I got my curly hair regimen down! Cowash, leave in, eq elasta moistrizer and eco styler argan oil. I did a PS today and it turned out really well. My hair still felt really soft and bouncy and usually by now it would be a little hard.

Spritzed with a mix of conditioner argan oil tea tree oil and glycerin and rosewater and gonna see how my hair does tomorrow with the glycerin in it. Feels so much better from when I flat ironed it.. I think I am going to try and go a few werks without flat ironing the length of my hair...

I feel the new growth but at times I feel I have no results.Other times I feel as if I see results.I have resorted to hunning for less manipuation.I just get confused because there are times when I comb my hair and I see hair coming out.Is it shedding or breakage?I am just so confused and get discouraged when I see this.

Luckyladyj
I had similar problems with the front of my hair. The difference between shedding is breakage is shedding will have a root at the end and breakage just snaps mid-shaft. I had a lot of both. For me, it hlped to DC ...and add protein to it. Gotta be careful not to overdo the protein though bc your hair needs moisture too. My hair holds moisture for a couple days after lco so I knew it couldn't be a moisture problem. Are you keeping your hair protected? Sometimes a simple satin cap can fix the problem... It all depends on your regimen. Don't get discouraged!

[USER=377113 said:
Luckyladyj[/USER];17944865]I feel the new growth but at times I feel I have no results.Other times I feel as if I see results.I have resorted to hunning for less manipuation.I just get confused because there are times when I comb my hair and I see hair coming out.Is it shedding or breakage?I am just so confused and get discouraged when I see this.

Examine the hair when you comb it. Is there a white bulb on the end of it, then its shedding. If the pieces are really, really short, it's breakage.

Don't be discouraged, even if you have breakage you can learn how to control it and reduce it.

Just checking in, I trimmed my hair last night following the farmer's almanac. Still pressing every two weeks, henna every six weeks and caring for my hair.

So I've been pretty much wigging it like crazy and decided to take my cornrows out and dc last night with macadamia dc from folica. I rinsed then shamoo my scalp only with HQ and air dry in braids to stretch my hair. I may attempt to str8 today.

I've been washing my hair since Wednesday night but it hasn't happened yet. Felt like I was catching a cold so had to stop that in its track. I don't feel up to it today either. Definitely tomorrow.

Cowashing and bunning is surely paying off for me. I think I'm almost SL but I will need another 4-6 months to get there completely. I have been taking my TOJI Hair Density Vitamins for about a month now and I gatta admit I love the vitamins. I have pics I want to share with everyone and I will take another set of pics at the end of 6 months of taking them as well to measure my progress. Here are the pics after one month of taking TOJI vitamins:

Attachments

• TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 001.jpg
    TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 60
  • TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 002.jpg
    TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 002.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 59
  • TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 003.jpg
    TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 003.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 54
  • TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 004.jpg
    TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 004.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 59
  • TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 005.jpg
    TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 005.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 57
One last one just for the fun of it :grin::

Attachments

• TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 006.jpg
    TOJI Pogress Month 1 (Feb-23-2013) 006.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 52
Cowashing and bunning is surely paying off for me. I think I'm almost SL but I will need another 4-6 months to get there completely. I have been taking my TOJI Hair Density Vitamins for about a month now and I gatta admit I love the vitamins. I have pics I want to share with everyone and I will take another set of pics at the end of 6 months of taking them as well to measure my progress. Here are the pics after one month of taking TOJI vitamins:

You're hair is amazing! Great progress! Go on wit yo bad self!!! I hope my Hair looks like this by december! You of course will be APL in December!

Last edited:
Back