Signs It’s Time to Fall Back

okange76

Any real life examples that can help those of us still looking or unsure of the status of our relationships? What happened that finally gave you the strength to walk away?

http://madamenoire.com/61922/dont-be-thirsty-signs-its-time-to-fall-back/

1- He told you he’s not ready for a relationship
Maybe that’s not entirely true. He might be down for a relationship, just not a relationship with you. Whether you’re going to be his stand-in cut buddy or he really could live without you all together, don’t misinterpret this phrase to mean one day the clouds will part and the sun will shine down on you, making you completely irresistible. Don’t hold your breath boo boo.

2- He doesn’t introduce you to his friends
You happen to be in the same place at the same time. Alright, maybe it wasn’t so much of coincidence. You learned from your newsfeed that he might be at a certain place at a certain time and you took it upon yourself to show up. He’s kicking it with his boys, a chick or two, when you two just so happen to catch each other’s eyes. You know he’s seen you but must have gotten distracted because he turned his back a millisecond after seeing your face. You decide to step up, after all his friend’s approval is important. But instead of getting the introduction you hoped for, he throws you a few words, before relocating to the other side of the bar…without you. Honey chile, this is not a relationship. He’s not going to introduce you to his friends because you don’t play that big of a role.

3- He ignored the shots you sent him
You know the story. You just shaved and were feeling yourself that particular day so you decided to share your cookies with the object of your affection, certain that the sight of all your goodies all up in the camera will have him knocking down your door. You press send and ooo you can’t wait for his reaction! But an hour passes, then two. You check your phone to make sure it’s sent. It did and still no response. Hmmm…what could this mean?

4- 5:1 Communication Ratio
Sometimes he does respond to your calls and texts. But if you’re honest with yourself these occasions are few and far between. If you actually took the time to count how many times you contact him compared to the times he contacts you, the number might be a little embarrassing.

5- He doesn’t know anything about you… and doesn’t care to learn
If you’ve never had a conversation about what you want out of life, your feelings or how your day went, there’s a great chance that he just doesn’t care. That may hurt, but it’s pretty telling of the type of relationship (or lack there of ) you actually have.

6- You consistently forget that he’s dating someone else
When you think or even talk about your boo with other people, you tend to ignore the fact that he’s not completely available. There’s the ex-girlfriend he still lives with, the broad he’s “talking to” or a flat out girlfriend that you just refuse to acknowledge. Whether your initial meeting involved shadiness or not, do yourself and the other woman a favor, step away with grace. Lest you find yourself in an unnecessary altercation.

7- He deletes your Facebook comments
He posted a picture of him from this past weekend and baby boy is looking too sexy! You have to let him know that his image produced a flash flood-like phenomenon in your panties. You post the comment, giggling at your dirty girl steez. You refresh your page to see if he’s responded yet. He’s responded alright, your comment has disappeared. You type it again and five minutes later it’s gone again. Message baby girl, message.

8- He’s always “Busy” even though he hasn’t had a job in years
You realize any time you see each other, you’re in someone’s bedroom, on someone’s couch or in someone’s car. You want to go on a date. A movie would do, but whenever you suggest this, there is always an excuse. He’s busy. Hmmm that’s odd, he’s been unemployed since before the recession. Whatever could he be busy doing? Busy being away from you, love.

9- Gifts are not even a part of the equation
You’ve known each other for years and yet every birthday, Christmas and Ground Hog’s Day goes uncelebrated. Not only are gifts completely out of the question, you couldn’t get a “Happy birthday” text to save your life. Shame!

10- Your relationship exists inside the confines of your mind
Ever once in a while, you might want to check in to make sure the thoughts in your head actually line up to the reality of life. Does he actually feel the way you think he does? Are your efforts being reciprocated, when you try to explain your relationship does it make sense to other people? Does it even make sense to you? Sometimes we really can’t see our issues. If you need help, have a good, trusted friend explain how he or she views your relationship as an outsider. If it sound bananas when you hear it, chances are it’s time to do something different.

I will admit I have been guilty of missing some of this when I was like 19 or early 20s. Ahhh, I love getting older and wiser.

This is too funny!
Some of these have greater weight too. For example, although I was treated like a GF he did give me #1. So for me, if I EVAH EVAH EVAH hear #1 again, I'm OUTIE 5000!!!!!
LOL

Thanks for posting this. All of these signs are obvious to women who know better but there are lots of young(and not so young!) women who don't.

^^^ sometimes the older ones dont know any better either. I dont think it's an age thing. I know some 24 yr olds with better relationship sense than some 40 yr olds.

:lachen: ah, #9.

Reminds me of highschool, when my "boyfriend" would blow anything out of proportion every year before any holiday: Christmas, Valentine's Day, my birthday.
The entire time we were on and off, never got a birthday wish nor Vday wish/gift.

Get this, his mother and I share a birthday. What an ***.
The one year we were not arguing before Christmas and actually discussed the gifts we wanted, I show up with mine... and he showed up empty handed, talking abt he hadn't gotten a chance to pick it up yet. Xmas came and went. Nada. I tried asking politely WTF happened... he started talking abt needing to help his mother with stuff. He had a job, AND my requested gift cost all of $20.

After I dumped him, for several years he'd be among the first to send me a birthday message. That azzhole :look:

This made me :lachen::lachen: I was thinkin the same thing. These are all (or rather should be) pretty obvious.
Yeaaah.....you would think they would be pretty obvious to most, but I have to admit that 4 years ago, I was completely oblivious to these "signs" when it came to a certain guy friend I was "in love" with. *insert eyeroll here* :rolleyes: But NOW....these signs are plain as day!

I think back then, I just didn't want to see the truth (or admit to myself) that he wasn't really feeling me as much as I was feeling him. :ohwell: Plus, he played a few games himself..he wasn't so cut and dry. :nono: You'd be surprised how many glaring signs we as women tend to miss when we REALLY are into a guy. It can be downright embarrassing sometimes. :nono:

I will admit I have been guilty of missing some of this when I was like 19 or early 20s. Ahhh, I love getting older and wiser.
Isn't that the truth?? AMEN to getting older and wiser! :amen: These days, I wouldn't even bat an eyelash before moving on from a guy who treated me like this. :nono2:

No need to go any further than #1. If you stop at #1, no need to even set yourself up to go through #3-#10.
THANK YOU! :clap:

As soon as I hear the: "I'm not ready for a relationship yet...." line, I high tail it! I have known men who have been SOOO not "relationship-ready-material" that STILL ended up dating a woman because he was truly INTO her. He may have been busy as heck, or even between jobs, and living w/his momma still, but shoot....he was READY for a relationship w/that woman! :yep:

Back