Shoulder Length Challenge Ladies, how is it going??

gymfreak336

Just wonder because I have been doing a search and destroy split end search for the last hour. I washed and deep conditioned last night by my rollerset didn't comb out right:( I don't know if I am using rollers that are too big. I just want a cut curly set to hopefully hide some of my newgrowth right now. :ohwell: Needless to say it will be cliped up until I can figure it out. So how is all thing hair with you all?? Any good progress going on, hopefully no major set backs:)

Doing alright. Wash 1x week and deep cond. I try to wear my hair up doing the week. Trying to avoid rubbing against my clothes to prevent split ends. This length is the hardest to maintain due to split ends.

Yeah, I feel ya. I am going to just have to stick it out and wear it up. I really would like to stretch for another 6-8 weeks but I don't know how it happens.

I've been in braids since December so I'll have to let you know how its going next week when I take the out, I'm just enjoying not having to deal with my hair for awhile.

KeraKrazy said:
I've been in braids since December so I'll have to let you know how its going next week when I take the out, I'm just enjoying not having to deal with my hair for awhile.

kera your hair looks so nice and healthy in your siggy.

I'm two weeks into my new regime. So far, so good. However, I'm kicking airdrying out my regime. Too much breakage.

its not going well for me ladies. my ends are see thru. ive had a lot of breakage over the past month. right now i am working on getting it thicker. because i wouldnt want it to be longer with see thru ends. i am hoping to reach SL by the end of this year.

Haaaaaaaaaaay! I was wondering if there was a SL challenge....Can I jump in late...anyone got the link to the original thread...I'm too lazy for a search I just finished a term paper so my brain is mush. :perplexed

Chayil

I made my goal originally for easter, then pushed it back to may, and now july.

THat pretty much tells you how I"m growing, LOL.

locabouthair said:
its not going well for me ladies. my ends are see thru. ive had a lot of breakage over the past month. right now i am working on getting it thicker. because i wouldnt want it to be longer with see thru ends. i am hoping to reach SL by the end of this year.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what caused your hair to break? I'm also working on getting my hair thicker. I'm sure you'll see results soon with the support of this site.

I'm fighting the urge to BC. Since I have yet to master roller setting, braid outs etc I'm SO bored with my hair.

On the positive side though I'm about a month post and have lots of new growth so that's encouraging. I am kind of frustrated because my hair looks so nice but I don't know how to style it and I'm terrified to use heat. Which is the reason my roller sets/flexirod sets have not been great. I'm thinking I will buy myself a new phony pony and get to henna after what I ordered arrived so hopefully that wil quell some of the boredom.

seraphinelle said:
Hey roses!

I don't use heat for my roller sets... well at least not direct heat.

I think mine turned out ok.

I have a soft bonnet for my hair dryer but I'm even scared of using indirect heat. I have such a thing about it.

I've been trying to convince myself to try it. Keep telling myself it won't turn out fried. Air drying leaves my hair gigantic and fluffy. Not bad if it was a little longer but the length it is now it just goes...FLOOOF.

My man thinks it's cute but I don't LOL

I'm sure it's cute, LOL, I think mine is cute all big and fluffy, LOL.

Give it a try once, and perhaps you'll like it, and be convinced that it's not as damaging as a flat iron.

And you only have to sit under the dryer for like 20 minutes, just to 'set' the lotion. I air dried the rest.

I don't use heat either! Give it a try, hun!!! LOL

chayil0427 said:
Haaaaaaaaaaay! I was wondering if there was a SL challenge....Can I jump in late...anyone got the link to the original thread...I'm too lazy for a search I just finished a term paper so my brain is mush. :perplexed

Chayil

Yeah me to?

i didn't know either, but I was in my own unofficial shoulder lenght challenge.

Ella bella, when do you think you'll be full shoulder length?

I think I'm almost there! The back is definitely there but i want the sides to catch up. I'mma gonna take pics to compare on Friday.

I didn't know there was a shoulder length challenge.......I'm off to look for the thread, I wanna join.......want shoulder length by may.

I would like to join this challenge. I was on a personal shoulder length challenge. My goal is to be sl by June. I take vitamins, use no direct heat, and use mtg. I also deep conditoin every 2 weeks and do an aphogee treatment every 6 weeks. Now based on this picture below do you guys think that I will make sl by June?

Attachments

• Febuary-2007.jpg
    Febuary-2007.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 19
thenappygirl17 said:
I would like to join this challenge. I was on a personal shoulder length challenge. My goal is to be sl by June. I take vitamins, use no direct heat, and use mtg. I also deep conditoin every 2 weeks and do an aphogee treatment every 6 weeks. Now based on this picture below do you guys think that I will make sl by June?

Are you not shoulder length already?

I thought collar bone was longer than SL, I am so confused :lachen:

thenappygirl17 said:

Girl you are shoulder length. It looks more collarbone. Maybe a length pro can chime in. You got more length shot pics?

Last edited:
thenappygirl17 said:

Maybe it's the way your head is turned, but in that picture the hair looks SL already! You should take progress pics with your head in the same position every time.

I'm not so sure I will be shoulder length by May...I'm thinking more towards August. I'm so nervous that I will do something to botch my plans, that I just keep it bunned. Shampooing 2x/week w/blow dry and flat iron right now. Daily moisturizing. Perhaps my touch-up in the next few weeks (showing my real length) will keep me in the game. This is the length that has always made or broken my interest in my hair growth; if I can make it to SL, I'll know that anything w/my hair is truly possible. I've even started to take more vitamins...*keeping fingers crossed these next few months*

hey i wanna join...n do you galz think ill be apl by may???:confused: iam soooo hoping for it:) . can you like look at my fokti? pw in profile. thanx

Back