Shoulder Length Challenge Ladies, how is it going??

gymfreak336 said:
Whats up chica?? I should be there by the end of the year. I have been struggling with some weird breakage but I think it is because of some underprocessed parts I have been dealing with. I am going to deep condition tonight and keep deep conditioning every 4 days for another 2-3 weeks. I did use a red rinse which gave me beautiful color but I think it dried me out just a little. I had a little dusting today some my ends are still looking good. I do however have been noticing those pieces of hair that are bent in the middle. I forgot the scientific name for them but it is a kind of split end. I can't figure out why i have them??:perplexed :ohwell: Any suggestions:confused:

Howdy chica!

Yeah I think I know that term you're thinking of...The one with the picture of the hair strand that exploded :look: ...:confused:?? I know you moisturize as much as anyone here, so maybe a mild protein-y is in order? May need to restructure those strands and then keep it going w/the moisture. Maybe breakage guru Sistaslick can help you...cuz me no no :ohwell:

Me and my reckless self woulda been corrected those underprocessed parts, but I'm not gonna go there, cuz I got the :spank: last time :lol:

Anyways, good luck girlie!

I'll join this challenge.

I'm almost there, heck I don't know. Kind of frustrated. I've stopped the breakage, and my hair isn't so dry. But damn my hair is THICK. I just wish it'd grow in length and not out.

*frustrated*

artemis_e. said:
Same here! Thickness is so easy to see, length--not so much :ohwell: ...

I just looked at your fotki!

You're about the same as me, the back is about SL, the rest, has gotten thicker, can definitely see that and it's catching up, but I had too many layers, so it's taking longer than I thought.

i guess, i'll get there when I get there, at least I'm doing something right!

:lol:

I am just about at shoulder length. I ended a 27-week stretch last week and updated my fotki. I may be a little beyond that come december. :cool: This is fun because I am almost at the length I was before I got stupid and damaged it with Henna and overprocessing.

Last edited:
seraphinelle said:
I just looked at your fotki!

You're about the same as me, the back is about SL, the rest, has gotten thicker, can definitely see that and it's catching up, but I had too many layers, so it's taking longer than I thought.

i guess, i'll get there when I get there, at least I'm doing something right!

:lol:

Exactly ;)

Lusa said:
I am just about at shoulder length. I ended a 27-week stretch last week and updated my fotki. I may be a little beyond that come december. :cool: This is fun because I am almost at the length I was before I got stupid and damaged it with Henna and overprocessing.
27 weeks?That's amazing!
Your hair looks really good and healthy.
Don't worry Seraphinelle you'll get to full SL.

I claimed SL when just my back was there:look:

The back and sides will definately be shoulder length by the end of the year, but I am not to sure about the front. I swear it look like I have bangs. I guess I might have to stop wearing my hair pulled back all of the time.

Well when I looked at my pix from February till June, I've had good growth. It' hard to measure - but it seems I'm mid neck I HAVE to be shoulder (at least at the back) by December. I need at least 3inches and I'm on the HYH so that'll be good for me to keep my hands out...

artemis_e. said:
Howdy chica!

Yeah I think I know that term you're thinking of...The one with the picture of the hair strand that exploded :look: ...:confused:?? I know you moisturize as much as anyone here, so maybe a mild protein-y is in order? May need to restructure those strands and then keep it going w/the moisture. Maybe breakage guru Sistaslick can help you...cuz me no no :ohwell:

Me and my reckless self woulda been corrected those underprocessed parts, but I'm not gonna go there, cuz I got the :spank: last time :lol:

Anyways, good luck girlie!

Thanks for the advice. I pmed sistaslick yesterday and she gave me good advice. I had a consultation with a great stylist here today and she gave me some advice about what to do. I am tempted to get the last bit of it corrected once and for all. I am just trying to wait 2 more weeks then I can relax and be 4 weeks post for my sisters wedding. Then I can get a blow out before I get it styled.

I'd say that my sides finally made SL.

070507_1316.jpg
070507_1314.jpg

In the second pic you can tell how it thickened up.

That's my January pic
IMG_4578l.jpg

ella said:
I'd say that my sides finally made SL.

070507_1316.jpg
070507_1314.jpg

In the second pic you can tell how it thickened up.

That's my January pic
IMG_4578l.jpg

Go Ella Go!!

Your hair looks great, very thick and moist looking.:)

Here is my latest comparison shot. It looks like the back is at shoulder length but my sides have a little catching up to do. I should be there in December if all goes well. Lemme know fellow challenger!:grin:

Attachments

• june_2007_comp.jpg
    june_2007_comp.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 25
Congrats Ella!!

Well when i do my twists on thursday, I'll be cutting off about an inch, so my ends don't look so strappy, since they're relaxed and I'm transitioning.

Aww! I guess I should have posted my pics here! I put them in the official thread...Oh well be right back...

ETA: Here's my progress so far...

October 2006
22-10-06_0008.jpg

Nov 2006 haircut
03-11-06_1944.jpg

July 2007
2007_0707camerapics0010.jpg

Last edited:
:bump:

What's up ladies??? :D

I'm waiting for my sides to catch up with the back before I post the "Am I there yet?" thread. I think I have a/b an inch or two left to go...

Anyone else? :look:

I am joining this challenge. My goal is to be collar bone no later than April (i'm about 3-4 inches away) I will be updating my fotki @ every touch up, which will be every 3-4 months.

****Edited because I should be in the APL challenge....lol. Not shoulder length. My mistake. Ignore my message.:yep:

I didn't know there was such a challenge.:blush: Am I too late?? I hope not!

I'm doing good. My ng is coming in thick. I think I am very close to APL but not sure. I'm trying not to 'watch' my hair every day. If I did I would go nuts...lol. My goal is to be APL by December. I am thinking I may reach that goal before then. I can feel it is getting longer when I take a shower and wash my hair..I can feel it's in a different place on my back:yep:. My husband is always saying it's getting VERY long if he catches me with it down...which is rare now because my NG is way too much...and I have major shrinkage at the roots so I keep it up in a protective style. I'm due for a retouch next week and I just can't wait!

No setbacks so far...I did experience a few tangles with my last wash and the wash prior to it. So I'm keeping an eye on that to see what product may be causing it. I usually never tangle after a DC but the last two times I have....

I will also update my Fotki for every touchup...and sometimes in between to show progress. My next update will be at the end of this month. I get a retouch every 8-10 weeks now..but would like to stretch up to week 12.

Last edited:
Now that the weather is cooling down. I plan to wear protective styles. I plan to start taking vitamins today. I just need to make sure that I drink enough water. I am going to get serious about taking care of my hair (and myself). Yesterday, I put in some twist and I must say that they look totally awesome. Shrinkage is out of this world, but I know that when it shrinks like this that it is mooisturized. I had a few knots that I clipped out, but all in all my hair feels and looks great.

Hopefully I will be there by December. I have been drinking high protein smoothies with MSM powder in it, drinking my carrot juice and taking vitamins.

Not going to be no where near shoulder by December unfortunately:nono::nono:
I have layers so some of the layers are longer but i really don't see a change in my overall length. I will be taking pics at year end to see what progress i've made.

Not going to be no where near shoulder by December unfortunately:nono::nono:
I have layers so some of the layers are longer but i really don't see a change in my overall length. I will be taking pics at year end to see what progress i've made.

Your hair looks good in your avatar pic. I don't think I will be a full shoulder length either or I will be extremly close. I need to do a couple of trims. I still think that if you can get to shoulder length by lets say March, you could still hit apl by next december.

Back