Should you marry for money?

should you marry for money?

• yes

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • no, never

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • depends on the circumstances (explain please)

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should you marry for money.....

...well would YOU let someone marry YOU for your money??

Certainly, if they brought things to the table to balance the scales. *shrug* The money you have/manage is an asset - period. Ain't no shame in acknowledging your own assets, or the assets you want your partner to have - whether they be physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, spiritual or financial. :yep:

Yea...just like he WILL marry for physical attraction. Why not?

It shouldn't be the only thing - but damn, I'm not broke. So a man content in his brokeassness will not be tolerated.
You know I actually have a friend (he's engaged to someone else) who a few years ago said he didn't want a woman who wanted him for his money. And I was like of course not! Why should you. BUT do you think that if she wants you for you, and your money happens to be a plus would that be a problem? He was like well....

And I laughed and said what do you want her to look like?:rolleyes: Uhm people are QUICK to call women gold diggers (when financial stability should just be a plus and added asset for anyone...I don't necessarily look for it but happen to be in the environment where there are many who happen to be wealthy and they ask me out so have dated wealthier men or those with potential white collar like students, etc) but those same people want a size four woman with this type of hair, and this type of look. What are they?

Everyone has requirements and everyone judges based on the criteria they are looking for in a mate. For instance I've said this earlier probably in another thread but the same person who says they don't want to use money as a requirement won't date a midget or a guy who is over 300 pounds. Well why not just include everyone if all he needs is a good heart?:grin: There is nothing wrong with having reasonable requirements as long as they aren't your ONLY requirement. Meaning money is a good thing, but I won't just marry anyone (as a few exes will attest who proposed). Because that is a good thing however what about your personality? WHat about your ethics? Sense of humor? Etc. Just like someone requires a non smoker, there's nothing wrong with choosing people based on what you're looking for. It just makes you selective and isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:
Certainly, if they brought things to the table to balance the scales. *shrug* The money you have/manage is an asset - period. Ain't no shame in acknowledging your own assets, or the assets you want your partner to have - whether they be physical, mental, emotional, intellectual, spiritual or financial. :yep:

well said. There's nothing wrong with wanting someone who has their stuff together.:grin:

Agreed. And I think that is why we (sub)consciously are aware of where the money comes from. Where, how and from whom money is attained is an indication of a person's character, focus, ambitions and priorities. If you are hiding your money from Uncle Sam through a series of well-thought-out investments, you are not only resourceful but have some degree of understanding of American economics (or are willing to pay someone else who does). If you can't report your income to Uncle Sam, I have to question your decisions and your character.

^^^See things like this are a given to me when I point out ethics. I assume that most people (and I may be wrong) want a guy who has his stuff together and ethics. Someone who is going to do the right thing and not make money at any cost. Would I date a drug dealer (heck no!), most athletes (no sir. Not only do I want a guy whose faithful...and there's to many who are not in that field to roll the dice), but guess what I wouldn't date a rapper either (no amount of money could make me okay with the "*****es" in their songs despite explaining they're not talking about me...and most are uneducated. My grand parents did a lot of protesting in the civil rights movement to guarantee that we would have opportunities, just like others grand parents...now you're going to sit on your laurels? No sir. I'm an artist but I still went to school, and I am back for my masters. I expect my partner to take advantage of education because it is important to mindset and everything else). There are other examples besides certain fields: corrupt individuals in any way, those who oppress women, those who have certain ideas about women or people in general, basically those without ethics or a good heart. It doesn't matter if you were a billionaire I'd send you on your merry way if you didn't have basic human decency requirements, and even if you have those I'd still have to love you too...

Should you marry for money.....

...well would YOU let someone marry YOU for your money??

You know I actually have a friend (he's engaged to someone else) who a few years ago said he didn't want a woman who wanted him for his money. And I was like of course not! Why should you. BUT do you think that if she wants you for you, and your money happens to be a plus would that be a problem? He was like well....

And I laughed and said what do you want her to look like?:rolleyes: Uhm people are QUICK to call women gold diggers (when financial stability should just be a plus and added asset for anyone...I don't necessarily look for it but happen to be in the environment where there are many who happen to be wealthy and they ask me out so have dated wealthier men or those with potential white collar like students, etc) but those same people want a size four woman with this type of hair, and this type of look. What are they?

Everyone has requirements and everyone judges based on the criteria they are looking for in a mate. For instance I've said this earlier probably in another thread but the same person who says they don't want to use money as a requirement won't date a midget or a guy who is over 300 pounds. Well why not just include everyone if all he needs is a good heart?:grin: There is nothing wrong with having reasonable requirements as long as they aren't your ONLY requirement. Meaning money is a good thing, but I won't just marry anyone (as a few exes will attest who proposed). Because that is a good thing however what about your personality? WHat about your ethics? Sense of humor? Etc. Just like someone requires a non smoker, there's nothing wrong with choosing people based on what you're looking for. It just makes you selective and isn't necessarily a bad thing.

very well stated! ita.

(sorry I should have been more specific lol) I meant money as the primary factor to marry someone. I understand what you mean. I would marry someone if they reciprocated to balance out the relationship, but you have women with the sole purpose of marrying for money only.

In my opinion, a man is a man. A man with money is an asset and target for women who seek for their financial woes to be diminished. *shrug*

Recently ended a relationship due to his money issues. Did he make good money YES, did he know how to manage it HECK NO. Together we could have been pretty well off but him not knowing how to manage his own money over the last 3 years was a deal breaker. So YES I would marry a man with money but he has to know how to properly manage his money. I cant be the only responsible one holding it down.

Recently ended a relationship due to his money issues. Did he make good money YES, did he know how to manage it HECK NO. Together we could have been pretty well off but him not knowing how to manage his own money over the last 3 years was a deal breaker. So YES I would marry a man with money but he has to know how to properly manage his money. I cant be the only responsible one holding it down.

sorry to hear about your breakup. ((hugs))

Back