Short Haired Ladies Support...Nape Length and Shorter!!

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join if it is not too late. I am barely nl, el on the sides. Was nearly sl in november but overprocessing made it go bye bye :perplexed. I have a rather large short (breakage) patch in the back middle/left. I'd like to grow back what's broken and then some. My ultimate goal is to be apl. By year's end, I'd like to be sl. I am currently 7 weeks post. Sunday will be 8.

I prepoo weekly with an egg/evoo mixture, wash with CON, Aphogee 2min reconstructor for 15 min, deep condition with ORS pack for 45 to an hour. use use Infusium 23 as leave in and mist new growth with glycerin/water mixture.

I co-wash 1x a week with Aussie 3minute conditioner. Moisturize and seal 2x a day. I use Silk Elements Megasilk moisturizer and a evoo/almond oil mixture. Wearing phony pony as protective style. Have also used braid outs and twists outs but the breakage makes that hard now.

Try to use heat no more than once a week. I know it is wrong but I have blown it dry 2x since I started my hair journey at the beginning of the month because it's too poofy if I air dry. I'm gonna try to sit under the dryer this week instead of blow drying. Do you think it's really harmful if you blow once a week?

Angelnoir, I've found some really cute half wigs that allow me to baggy my ends underneath and give my hair a rest from any manipulation. I bought my HH halfwigs from hairsisters.com. They have pretty good prices and ship very fast. Another option is a UPA clip, which I have a pic of in my fotki. Her site is www.laceflair.com. HHH!

Very nice growth, GrowInLonger!

Hey fellow shorty's! I'm still pretty short too. The back of my hair had grown a lot to below shoulder, but the sides were only in my neck! So I got it evened up on Nov 15th! Its growing though. I will update and post to my fotki when I get a relaxer(after 9 wks) on Jan 16th! I can't wait. My goal this year for May/June is shoulder length! And then by Dec APL or close to it!

Back 2 Relaxed,

You have achieved amazing hair growth and thickness. Keep up the good work!

Hello ladies, I would also like to join, if it is not to late. I just cut a cut yesterday, b/c of breakage. Me sides a ear length and the back is slightly below the nape. My goal is to stop breakage. :wallbash: This is the most important thing right now. At some point I would like to reach shoulder length, but for now I focusing on healthy hair.

:rolleyes:how did you know i look at my hair:lachen:, i hold my head down in shame....yes it's true i admit it.
...nicely put...that's y i'm braiding :locks: my twa 2 tay out the mirror:grin:.

Just wanted to jump in to give you guys a :sneakyhug: and :kiss: I know it's rough trying to grow out short hair... but it definitely can be done. :yep: I haven't done it yet :lol: but I try to stay positive.

Listen/pay attention to your hair. Don't try to to do what everyone else is doing. Do what your hair responds to. :yep: It'll get there.

Oh and one thing that I still struggle with - stop looking at your hair. Find something else to get obsessed with for a little bit (still doing your normal reggie of DC'ing, etc). The watched pot never boils.... when I examine my hair too much, I get frustrated because it doesn't seem to be DOING anything. But when I'm busy with life or trying to improve some other area of my character, my hair takes off cuz I'm not paying it any attention. Did that make sense? Hope so. :lol:

We're gonna get there ladies.... one hurdle at a time. :)

I'm having fun growing out my twa, so I guess I would qualify to be a part of this group....I'm thinking of having a sale of all my shampoo's that contain SLS's....My natural hair does not need them...except for my Clarifying and Chelating shampoos, otherwise I find them drying and everything I'm reading says stay away from them:blush:

silk wrap GONE WRONG !!

helllllllllllllllp...

this is my first week on the board.. n i was trying to do the wash n restrict from using my basic heat tools (blow dry and flat iron)... n i did the rollerset... which by the was a disaster..(i need rollersetting 101).. and i went under the dryer ... let the hair dry.. then sprayd a lil leave in and wrapped it then covered with saran wrap n went under the dryer... my hair was so ugly.. n i wudve had to flat iron it out... but since my roots were still nasty i started all over by cowashing... n now at this present time im sitting under the dryer with lil twist balls on my head doing a different attempt. n if this comes out ugly.. im just gona have to cowash tomorrow and blow dry n flat iron.......

are there any suggestions.. my hair length is in my siggy.. i dont know what else to do... i feel like blow drying and flat ironing is my best bet... but i wana do protective things.. but cant. i need help!!

my regimen today was:

prepoo with egg n olive oil with a cap for 20mins
shampoo with sunsilk hydra tlc (luv it!!!!)
conditioned with sunsilk hydra tlc (luv itt!!!)
deep conditioned with pantene deep penetrating mask with a cap for 30mins
washd out and rollerset with my own remedy of tea tree oil, lotta body setting lotion, and a vitamin e, aloe, and ttree oil mixture...
and before the silk wrap i used kenra light weight leave in

if there are any corrections or advice for me... plz help??

(i also switch my regimen from time to time n use kera care hydrating shampoo and humecto conditioning instead of the sunsilk)

TIA

Sweetsuccess:

What exactly was "ugly" about your set? If it was dry or too tight, it could be the Lottabody. I know most who use it have to dilute it heavily. My sets were questionable until I realized you don't need much product, mostly water, and a good leave in to achieve a soft bouncy set. HTH.

I am trying trying trying to get my hair to shoulder length (my 1st goal):wallbash:. I haven't got there yet b/c I'm not as disciplined as you ladies and my options for protective styles are few

I have noticed some good growth over the last few months by not using curling irons and flat irons so much but those are the days my hair looks a H.A.M.:ohwell: I'm also trying to grow out my anorexic nape

My current regi:

Rinse 1x per week w/ either ACV or Quene Helene Mint Julepe (sulphate free on scalp only)
Deep condition w/ ORS for 30 mins followed by Keracare Humecto for 15 mins
Either flat iron and pincurl, braidout updo, or curlformers short set (Corin Bailey look)

I am trying trying trying to get my hair to shoulder length (my 1st goal):wallbash:. I haven't got there yet b/c I'm not as disciplined as you ladies and my options for protective styles are few

I have noticed some good growth over the last few months by not using curling irons and flat irons so much but those are the days my hair looks a H.A.M.:ohwell: I'm also trying to grow out my anorexic nape

My current regi:

Rinse 1x per week w/ either ACV or Quene Helene Mint Julepe (sulphate free on scalp only)
Deep condition w/ ORS for 30 mins followed by Keracare Humecto for 15 mins
Either flat iron and pincurl, braidout updo, or curlformers short set (Corin Bailey look)

I would suggest being careful with the ORS (which I adore), I assume you're using the replenishing pak, it can be drying if used too often. If you are dc'ing with it every week, maybe try using it every two weeks instead. I'd love to see your curlformers short set, sounds super cute. Be sure to keep your nape super moisturized, relax @ every other relaxer and relax it last, be very gentle with it.

Hello Ladies, I have short NL hair, and am looking for some support. Hope Im in the right place. :grin:

Do any of you ladies have texlaxed hair? How is it working for you?

TIA, Jassy

Just wanted to show my support and to reinforce that doing the basic things supported by this board really works.

I'm technically out of the nape length area now, but you can check my siggy to see what my progress has been since becoming committed to my hair growth and health.

I had to have my hair cut a few days ago. went from shoulder length to ear length because my hair was so broken off from being underprocessed for months.

Anyways right now my regime is Saturdays I wash with suave humectant shampoo and deep condition with aubreys organics gpb conditioner for 15 minutes. I then put in giovanni direct leave in and use magnetic rollers. I then sometimes when its dry put a little bit of leave in and wrap my hair, put a saran wrap on it and go under the dryer for 10 minutes so it straightens out.

I use boundless tresses (growth aide)-Saturday, Monday and wednesdays.
Wednesdays I do a condition wash when Im in the shower. I just put on a cap and let it condition while im taking a shower.

The hardest part about having my hair shorter is putting it up. I was struggiling today after I condition washed it. My hair is too short to put in a pony tail...so what I had to do is bobby pin it on the sides and put a clip on the pony tail in the back so it can stay.

If anyone knows of any tips to to put your hair in apony tail when its real short I would appreciate it :)

I plan on staying away from heat for a few months until my hair grows back out and thickens.

and yeah no more self relaxing lol.

Good luck everyone.
How about trying the UPA Clip?

Just wanted to show my support and to reinforce that doing the basic things supported by this board really works.

I'm technically out of the nape length area now, but you can check my siggy to see what my progress has been since becoming committed to my hair growth and health.

arr1216....I luv your hair! :love2: every time I look at it, I think of mn and the benefits it can have on my mane. Keep up the good growing!:grin:

Hi all, this is my first post. :grin:

I joined this site because of the abundance of information regarding hair care. As you see, my hair is short. I don't necessarily want it to be long (I think I look better with short hair) I just want it to be healthy more than anything else.

I don't really have a hair care regimen. I usually wash my hair once a week. However, since joining this board I have started co-washing my hair at least twice a week and I begun deep conditioning on my dry hair.

There's so much info on this board that I really don't know what I should do. But I'm sure I'll find something that really works for me.

I joined this site because of the abundance of information regarding hair care. As you see, my hair is short. I don't necessarily want it to be long (I think I look better with short hair) I just want it to be healthy more than anything else.

I don't really have a hair care regimen. I usually wash my hair once a week. However, since joining this board I have started co-washing my hair at least twice a week and I begun deep conditioning on my dry hair.

There's so much info on this board that I really don't know what I should do. But I'm sure I'll find something that really works for me.

Welcome Kandi !
I know just what you mean. There is so much info that I dont know where to begin, and I want to try everything. :spinning: You really become a PJ (product junky). Its hard but try not to try too much at once. It easier to tell what your hair likes that way. HTH

Hey ladies. I'm grazing shoulder-length in the back but my problem is my layers in the front. One side is growing while the other is taking forever. I'm going back to using LR because it worked better than anything else I've used. ETA: Hey Khandi

Hey ladies. I'm grazing shoulder-length in the back but my problem is my layers in the front. One side is growing while the other is taking forever. I'm going back to using LR because it worked better than anything else I've used. ETA: Hey Khandi

I have a similar problem. My hair in the front grows slow and my hair in the back grows really fast. It's a pain. I may start using a growth aid too to help push the front along.

I have a similar problem. My hair in the front grows slow and my hair in the back grows really fast. It's a pain. I may start using a growth aid too to help push the front along.

also, the sides of my hair are super uneven. I have the left barely grazing the bottom of my ear while the right is touching my neck.

I know exactly what you mean BraveNewGirl! My hair grows so slowly on the sides! I cut it in November to even it out some, because the back was well below shoulder length while the sides were chin length!! And now I'm back to where I was in November again. I have SL in the back, and the sides are neck length! This time around I won't be cutting it though. I already told my stylist, we'll just have to deal with it, b/c obviously my hair just grows this way! What do you plan to do? I also have LR(grease and oil)...maybe I'll try it as well again. I use it, just not 2x a week like it says on the bottle/jar. I may also begin taking Biotin again. I've decided to do my own hair for this 8 wk period btwn touch ups. I plan to wear rollersets(flexirods and magnetics) for the first 5 wks and then the last 3 wks I have to blowdry flat iron, my NG is no joke!! My goal is to be at APL in the back by December 08, we shall see...

Back