Short Guys....(5'3" And Shorter)

preciouslove0x

So who ends up marrying them?

Have you dated a guy shorter than yourself? How long did it last?

Have you married the shortest guy you dated? How many inches taller or shorter is he to you?

What's your standard for height? What's your preference?

What if he is perfect in every other department but falls short in the height one? Would you consider him for marriage?

Anyone else notice that the shortest black guys have taken over dating sites and apps? :look: If you're into online dating and they don't specify in a profile, do you ask before the date?

So who ends up marrying them?

Have you dated a guy shorter than yourself? How long did it last?

Have you married the shortest guy you dated? How many inches taller or shorter is he to you?

What's your standard for height? What's your preference?

What if he is perfect in every other department but falls short in the height one? Would you consider him for marriage?

Anyone else notice that the shortest black guys have taken over dating sites and apps? :look: If you're into online dating and they don't specify in a profile, do you ask before the date?
I've always wondered who marries tiny men...5"4 and under....

I've never dated a tiny man, even though I'm on the short side because the taller men gravitate towards me.

I feel like you can lie on the dating apps all you want, but if you're a short, short man, that first date may be your last.

#behonest

I stand corrected: tiny men. :giggle:
So I guess I'm not shallow if that kind of height is a deal breaker for me. I felt kind of bad after my latest date. He didn't tell me his height before the date and immediately afterward I blocked his number (I was just so irritated). And of course he asked me if I wanted to do this again "real soon" like right on the spot (why do guys ask that ON the date??!) This dating thing is taking a toll on me...

I've always wondered who marries tiny men...5"4 and under....

I've never dated a tiny man, even though I'm on the short side because the taller men gravitate towards me.

I feel like you can lie on the dating apps all you want, but if you're a short, short man, that first date may be your last.

#behonest

So how do you ask if they don't disclose without sounding shallow?

5'3" for a man equals to midget . I m 5'7" I never went for men shorter than me but it would all depends on his built and personality . If he s charismatic,driven,intelligent ,positive attitude and physically fit I d give it a shot.
We wouldn't look good together I guess lol

So how do you ask if they don't disclose without sounding shallow?
It's really easy.... I do a couple of things....
First, know that guys lie. They always estimate up in terms of height or even money...especially if they're on the shorter side... If their profile says 5'7, I always subtract at least 2"...

I really only trust guys with multiple pictures at multiple angles.
Then you can see where the doorknob is in relation to their waist...#important
And also, where is the ceiling in relation to their head.

As well..do they have pics with them surrounded by other men? How do they measure up... Other women? How much taller than them are they? At least a foot taller means that they're in the 5'10/6 foot range.

Lastly, many men, if they see a potential with you at the beginning before meeting, they will disclose it to you real quick....so that they don't embarrass themselves when you meet.

They usually bring it up in conversation too, to judge your receptivity to them if they're insecure
(A secure short man will own his height and tell you straight out that he loves dating taller women...Kevin hart style)

Last edited:
I went to college with a guy 5'3 ish and he was chunky. He ended up losing weight and marrying an equally short woman. They're adorable together. Good looking, but short couple.

The short black dudes I know are saltier than old bay potato chips. They have a serious conplex....especially the one rebelling against dressing nice and paying for ish. Lol.

Shortest I've dated is 5'7 ish I'm close 5'6. I have worn heels, then I stopped because I hated towering over them. SO is my ideal at just short of 6'. I dated a guy that was 6'4 for a while and had a hate/love relationship with our height difference. Lol. Dancing together is awkward, but him bending down to kiss me was cute.

Short men are not that bad and their pockets are super deep to compensate for lack of height. Despite that I find it hard coz I instinctively want to stand under his chin when we hug. I doubt I can take one for the team. I'm 5'5" so most men are taller than me.

I am 5'1 and I like men that are 5'9 to 6'2. I couldn't date a guy 5'4 or under unless we were friends and built up attraction through already knowing one another. For some reason, guys 6'3+ have always gravitated to me but I think that is way too tall.
Lol. See I feel like it makes sense for a woman that short to date much taller men. They are just trying to have a decent shot at not birthing tiny men....
I am guilty of this thinking.

I went to college with a guy 5'3 ish and he was chunky. He ended up losing weight and marrying an equally short woman. They're adorable together. Good looking, but short couple.

The short black dudes I know are saltier than old bay potato chips. They have a serious conplex....especially the one rebelling against dressing nice and paying for ish. Lol.

Shortest I've dated is 5'7 ish I'm close 5'6. I have worn heels, then I stopped because I hated towering over them. SO is my ideal at just short of 6'. I dated a guy that was 6'4 for a while and had a hate/love relationship with our height difference. Lol. Dancing together is awkward, but him bending down to kiss me was cute.

"Two, two short people with big heads — you don't introduce two short people with big heads!”- Mama Joyce

"Two, two short people with big heads — you don't introduce two short people with big heads!”- Mama Joyce

Haahahhaaaaa. :lachen:

She doesn't have a big head. She is actually gorgeous.....reminds me if Billsbacker....I think that's her name, if that's her in the avi. I'm not going to lie....I was surprised. :look: I mean his face is attractive enough (though his head is big) but I remember him being like SEVERAL noticeable inches shorter than me. Lol. Not saying he's ain't ish, just that she could've probably "done better".....but hey theyre married, so maybe thats all she wanted.

They will probably end up shocking everyone having tall kids. I'm taller than both my parents....by several inches.

Back