She's Mad Because He Didn't Propose...

I don't think she should be condescending or treat dude poorly nor do I appreciate the dramatics but other than that I dont see how her behavior warrants some of the posts in this thread. Specifics of the friend and her shenanigans aside, this thread reminds me of Zaynab's theory about how women's attitudes on dating multiple men being problematic. Makes a lot of sense now. :look:

Yeah, I really think she cares about him and just underplays it with her comments. Or, if anything, at this point she may be indignant that he hasn't proposed. She might really be interested in pursuing a marriage and a life with him but, in the meantime, she's like "is he serious? I don't have to be with him? :look:" Maybe I'm a horrible person myself, but I'm never bothered by women like this that other people seem really turned off by. lol

Yeah, I really think she cares about him and just underplays it with her comments. Or, if anything, at this point she may be indignant that he hasn't proposed. She might really be interested in pursuing a marriage and a life with him but, in the meantime, she's like "is he serious? I don't have to be with him? :look:" Maybe I'm a horrible person myself, but I'm never bothered by women like this that other people seem really turned off by. lol

or her ego might be hurt since he was her "sure thing." :look:

I agree with you, I think she cares about him on the low. Don't personally know this couple so I cant comment on the nature/intent of the relationship and the woman. It might not be an automatic joke or unhealthy. Sounds to me like she is pressed for a ring, not necessarily marriage. I'm not PC so if a woman wants a ring, she should get it. Judgment be damned :look:

Also, giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may really like her but he might see through her shenanigans coming to the conclusion that she's a goldigger and simply wanting to put on a show with carats as a trophy wife. In any event, I think this relationship is salvageable. I'll also agree with another poster who said this is like some Vince & Tamar sounding ish. I think she needs to put in a lot more work to prove her sincerity and get over herself. Esp being that she's likely shallow. nothing wrong with that but she needs to show some integrity and empathy if she wants that ring. It is what it is. I'm willing to bet this couple deserves each other. He knows what he's dealing with and she has her ulterior motives. Oh well, some couples beez like that :look::lol:

He's probably seeing other women just as she's seeing other men. He also probably sees through her shallowness if she's not really into him. If she's all of that and he hasn't proposed in two years, chances are he won't.

I would guess that at 29, she's ALOT more into him than she's saying she is and she can see that chasing after ballers in her 20's was a waste of time. It's around this time that women decided to wake up.

I'm going to put myself out there....

I've been engaged before but at one point I was dating this guy. He was my "Vince" so to speak. Anyway, we went out one day, went to dinner, went for a drive, yada yada.We ended up at an upscale movie theater, so right before the movie dude pulls out this little black box. He's like "I wanted to give you this bc I thought you'd like it." I get excited. Then I opened the box and it was a pair of rinky dink diamond hoops. I WAS PISSED.:angry2::swearing::hardslap::rofl: Didn't talk to his arse for another 3 months after that:lachen: (and yes, I did get texts & calls of love and desperation from him--and yes, he's still around :look: *judge away* )

She sounds like someone who is more consumed with just getting married (the wedding, attention, etc.) than actually being that into the man per se.

Sometimes as we approach our late 20's to early 30's, we start getting antsy because many of the folks around us are settling down and having kids. Sounds like she trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Last edited:
She seems to love the idea of him being into her. So a ring would really stroke her ego and show everyone the "effect" she thinks she has on others. She sounds like she just wants to walk around with a ring on her finger, knowing she has no intention on marrying him. Seems odd that she has all this going for her, and yet she is in a pity date relationship. Sure seems in contradiction to what she thinks of herself and her stock value.

I think it's sad because he may be the one for her, and she's too selfish to see it. No need in her forcing herself to be with someone she's not feeling. She just too self absorbed and selfish to cut him loose. She knows that there are women who would love to have a man who loves them and treats then well over material stuff any day! She'll get a chance to see, when he sees her as she is and moves on and gets with the next one.

Last edited:
He's probably seeing other women just as she's seeing other men. He also probably sees through her shallowness if she's not really into him. If she's all of that and he hasn't proposed in two years, chances are he won't.

I would guess that at 29, she's ALOT more into him than she's saying she is and she can see that chasing after ballers in her 20's was a waste of time. It's around this time that women decided to wake up.

Zaynab but you like Vince & Tamar. took that b*sh 7 years to get her rang :duck:

I've got some updates. Chick is really pissed. At this year's Superbowl (our city hosted) she met a Giants' player that she latched onto. He flew her out to NY a couple times, and she would brag about the 'sexual gymnastics' she was putting on him :lachen: Over the summer she would tell her SO she needed 'space and alone time' when she was flying to the East Coast. Now the NY dude has apparently lost her number and she's out of luck.

isioma85 said:
I've got some updates. Chick is really pissed. At this year's Superbowl (our city hosted) she met a Giants' player that she latched onto. He flew her out to NY a couple times, and she would brag about the 'sexual gymnastics' she was putting on him :lachen: Over the summer she would tell her SO she needed 'space and alone time' when she was flying to the East Coast. Now the NY dude has apparently lost her number and she's out of luck.

Wow.

................l.l.l.l

Unpopular opinion: call her a heaux or judge her however, I'm willing to bet she'll be iight by 33-35. :look: *ye shrug*

Eta: I'm not a baller chaser, but have friends that are. I just like power/status :look: No reason to lie to kick it.... but yea, I'm not throwing homegirl any shade. Do you boo. Hope it works out :lol:

I don't think she should be condescending or treat dude poorly nor do I appreciate the dramatics but other than that I dont see how her behavior warrants some of the posts in this thread. Specifics of the friend and her shenanigans aside, this thread reminds me of Zaynabs theory about how women's attitudes on dating multiple men being problematic. Makes a lot of sense now. :look:

was gonna say the same

^^^This girl is apparently involved in a serious relationship. Serious enough for her to expect a proposal. She isn't just dating this dude. So, she is cheating on him not casually dating different dudes.

So, the theory on it being "problematic" for women to date multiple men is out of place in this thread.

^^^This girl is apparently involved in a serious relationship. Serious enough for her to expect a proposal. She isn't just dating this dude. So, she is cheating on him not casually dating different dudes.

So, the theory on it being "problematic" for women to date multiple men is out of place in this thread.
knt1229 I gave the comment the side eye as well. Apples to Oranges.

:lachen: I woulda told her to stop waisting my unlimited minutes with that BS..how you get mad you didn't get a ring if you don't want the guy....:lachen:...So she's either fronting like she doesn't want this man and she do, or she's just a bird.

Truth Can we talk about the man in your siggy? who he be?:look:

Oh yeah that's a shame about ole girl

So, the theory on it being "problematic" for women to date multiple men is out of place in this thread

No it's not. :look: But we can agree to disagree. :look:

Birds of a feather flock together. I'd say most of the women I personally know that are married were dating other men 1-3weeks to a month before engagement. :look:

I understand not all women have the same personalities or date the same. People should do what works for them.

Last edited:
Your friend more than likes him and is embarrassed. Well, I am sure he is a smart cookie and is biding his time as well to propose to a woman that will NOT be embarrassed of him and REALLY does like him. I have no sympathy for people that string others along.

No it's not. :look: But we can agree to disagree. :look:

Birds of a feather flock together. I'd say most of the women I personally know that are married were dating other men 1-3weeks to a month before engagement. :look:

I understand not all women have the same personalities or date the same. People should do what works for them.

No shade. I'm just curious but are they still dating these other dudes? Or did they become monogamous after the wedding? Are their hubby's dating other women? Is their marriage an open marriage where anything goes? How do you and your friend's distinguish between serious relationships and casual ones if you continue doing the same things you always did i.e. dating whomever you choose?

I think it's safe to assume your dating life may be different than the vast majority, men and women. Most people involved in serious relationships would feel betrayed to find out their SO was dating other people.

No shade. I'm just curious but are they still dating these other dudes? Or did they become monogamous after the wedding? Are their hubby's dating other women? Is their marriage an open marriage where anything goes? How do you and your friend's distinguish between serious relationships and casual ones if you continue doing the same things you always did i.e. dating whomever you choose?

I think it's safe to assume your dating life may be different than the vast majority, men and women. Most people involved in serious relationships would feel betrayed to find out their SO was dating other people.

Theyre married now. :lol: They werent dating other men post-engagement. But engaged itsnt the same thing as dating is it?

But no, my dating life seems a bit different than the average American woman. I've never dated a dog, experienced a cheating man or Kang and have never been left before. I've been engaged more than most and have dated more than most. I'm under 30, so I'm not above average marriage age, however, of my friends my parents are the only ones that broke up (not divorced tho) which is probably why I havent agreed on a marriage yet :look:.....So you're right, no my dating history is not like the average AA woman's......

Last edited:
Theyre married now. :lol: They werent dating other men post-engagement. But engaged itsnt the same thing as dating is it?

But no, my dating life seems a bit different than the average American woman. I've never dated a dog, experienced a cheating man or Kang and have never been left before. I've been engaged more than most and have dated more than most. I'm under 30, so I'm not above average marriage age, however, of my friends my parents are the only ones that broke up (not divorced tho) which is probably why I havent agreed on a marriage yet :look:.....So you're right, no my dating history is not like the average AA woman's......

It seems to me that you haven't been cheated on because you believe in dating multiple people. You can't be cheated on if never fully commit and don't have an expectation of monogamy. As for the multiple engagements, that's easy to do when you don't take relationships seriously. It's just a bunch of words. It means nothing kind of like playing house. Hell, I've had men ask me to marry them after some good sex. *shrug*

Last edited:
I don't see where people get "pity" from...i see "desperation" and i see "settling" the only pity I see is "self-pity."

taht
It seems to me that you haven't been cheated on because you believe in dating multiple people. You can't be cheated on if never fully commit and don't have an expectation of monogamy. As for the multiple engagements, that's easy to do when you don't take relationships seriously. It's just a bunch of words. It means nothing kind of like playing house. Hell, I've had men ask me to marry them after some good sex. *shrug*

EXACTLY. :yep:

bc COMMITMENT = MARRIAGE.
//
there is no monogamy without commitment. Women commit to these boyfriends then you see thse 50-11 threads about how some boyfriend did them wrong. :rolleyes: bu effin hu. A spouse (husband/wife) or fiancee (actively working toward marriage) are the only people that can be guilty of cheating IMO.
eta: and it isnt an engament without a ring and at least a call of inquiry to a wedding planner or venue. :look:

Last edited:
Back