She's Mad Because He Didn't Propose...

isioma85

Y'all I am sitting here confused. I just got off the phone after a damn near 2 hour convo with a friend. She had been texting me excited all last week because her boyfriend of almost 2 years had told her he was taking her to dinner on Sunday with a lot of mutual friends in tow, and she said she could 'sense' that he was going to pop the question.She had seen on his MacBook browser history that he had looked up information on a jeweler in town, and she said he'd been hush hush and secretive and she just knew he was getting ready to ask her to marry him :creatures

They go to dinner, she makes sure she's looking picture perfect, has rehearsed her 'shocked face' and semi-ugly cry :lol:

Y'all, he didn't propose. It was his frat brother that proposed to his girlfriend instead and she was just a witness :lachen:

Let me give you guys some history. She has been with this guy since early 2011. She started dating him (she says) out of pity. She's very pretty and well put together, doing fairly well career wise. He is also doing ok in his career,not bad looking - but he's a little socially awkward and short and chubby :look: . He asked her out for a loooong time before she said yes. He treats her really well. They are supposedly in a committed relationship, but she stays seeing other guys. She is the kind of girl that likes ballers, but has never been able to snag one :yawn:

She tends to be a little condescending when she talks about him as though she's doing him a favor by being with him :ohwell: and is only bidding time until she meets someone better or something. When people would ask when they were getting married, she would give this little laugh like Ain't nobody trying to marry this dude!

She turned 29 this year, and apparently she was really REALLY pissed she didn't get a rang on Sunday. I reminded her of how she said she was only passing through in this relationship and she says ...that's not the point isioma85! I say oh, ok :look:

Y'all help me understand this, I find it all very entertaining :lol:

So she just wanted to be flattered? I imagining a Tamar and Vince situation. I be looking at them like :huh: :look:

I hope he never proposes to her. She sounds like a piece of work.

Sent From The Microwave Where I Warm Up Honeybuns With Cheese :)

Y'all I am sitting here confused. I just got off the phone after a damn near 2 hour convo with a friend. She had been texting me excited all last week because her boyfriend of almost 2 years had told her he was taking her to dinner on Sunday with a lot of mutual friends in tow, and she said she could 'sense' that he was going to pop the question.She had seen on his MacBook browser history that he had looked up information on a jeweler in town, and she said he'd been hush hush and secretive and she just knew he was getting ready to ask her to marry him :creatures

They go to dinner, she makes sure she's looking picture perfect, has rehearsed her 'shocked face' and semi-ugly cry :lol:

Y'all, he didn't propose. It was his frat brother that proposed to his girlfriend instead and she was just a witness :lachen:

-------------------------

i cackled.

Why is she wasting his and her time? I bet there is some great girl out there that would love to be with him and would appreciate him. Go let the man find the person he's really suppose to be with. People always wonder where drama comes from in relationships, but refuse to see how their digging their own holes.

So she just wanted to be flattered? I imagining a Tamar and Vince situation. I be looking at them like :huh: :look:

I hope he never proposes to her. She sounds like a piece of work.

Sent From The Microwave Where I Warm Up Honeybuns With Cheese :)

She sounds needy and desperate for a ring.

She is desperate and wanted to be flattered by a person she is only dating because she can't find anyone else. She needs to get off of her high horse.

YThey go to dinner, she makes sure she's looking picture perfect, has rehearsed her 'shocked face' and semi-ugly cry :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: Yall....this dude must know what he's doing. :lachen: I wouldn't be surprised if he planted that browser history. Too funny!

*Womp Womp* :giggle::rofl:

Why is she so upset? It seems like she's using him as a temporary play thang anyway. I hope he finds someone better than her.

Sent from the 18 wheeler that delivers your hair products, computer, and smart phone.

I think she is more into that man than she admits, no way I'm with someone for pity and I'm mad he didn't propose to me. He might not be much of a looker but she fell for him and she afraid to admit it to people. Because if I was with someone just to be with them I would be praying he won't propose to me. Why commit to someone for life and you waiting on a baller to swoop you away, she just wants to feel wanted, you sure she isn't insecure?

And he has to have money for her to be with him, she just looking for someone with more money, no good is going to come to her smh

24e9ufl.gif

:lachen: I woulda told her to stop waisting my unlimited minutes with that BS..how you get mad you didn't get a ring if you don't want the guy....:lachen:...So she's either fronting like she doesn't want this man and she do, or she's just a bird.

Wow at the venom ladies, PMT? Anyhoo, it might be a wake up call for her to discuss with him what they both really want out of the relationship. If she is cheating on him then her expectations of marriage are misguided.

That must have been very hurtful for her. I imagine she is underplaying her affections for him because she knows that socially speaking he is not the most attractive man out there. Otherwise, she should not have been so upset.

If she's constantly contentious towards him, I think it's very presumptuous to expect an engagement ring. He may also be just biding his time. However, since this engagement occurred, and they have been together two years, seems like now would be an excellent time to have a discussion about what his plans are for their relationship. If he flounders, then she has a decision to make.

I hope your friend gets over it. Rejection hurts even if you discover you deserved it.

They are supposedly in a committed relationship, but she stays seeing other guys. She is the kind of girl that likes ballers, but has never been able to snag one :yawn:

She tends to be a little condescending when she talks about him as though she's doing him a favor by being with him :ohwell: and is only bidding time until she meets someone better or something. When people would ask when they were getting married, she would give this little laugh like Ain't nobody trying to marry this dude!
Clearly, she thinks very highly of herself. It must've been a blow to her ego that this person who she's really not interested in marrying hasn't asked her to be his bride.

That said, I would've died laughing had this woman called me all upset that her proposal didn't happen.

Op this is not really you is it? I hope not. This woman sounds so self centered. She'd make a terrible wife and that man would be miserable. Glad he didn't propose. Women like that get dated, screwed and if she's a dime get shown off to the boys then dumped when the complete package comes along.

Back