Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
Queen Shea Will Plug Your Bathroom Pipes!
Okay, if you are using Shea butter, you are probably washing it out of your hair in either your bathroom sink, shower, tub or kitchen sink. Watch out!

I just got finished with a hope and a prayer and a plunger. I had a plug in my pipes. I don't think it was hair. It looked like all this gunky stuff.

So, if you are using Shea butter, I suggest that you treat your sinks, tubs and showers 1x per week. Of course you should use some kind of trap to capture hair. But hair was not my issue.

Got a Plug?
  1. Pour citric acid powder (some people use baking soda) down the sink. Add a little water to ensure it bubbles and starts to work. I thought it was going to blow because it was seriously bubbling and smoking! I closed the door and crouched to the right of the door frame, with my back and palms pressed up against the wall, like I was bracing myself for an explosion. I've been watching too much Black Panther. Citric acid powder eats up grease and even minerals that create soap scum. It's natural and I had some in the house.
  2. Then follow behind the citric acid or baking soda with some white vinegar.
  3. Let that sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
  4. Boil some water.
  5. Plug up every drain in the bathroom, except where you think the clog might be. Think about what you use the most. If you do your hair using the bathroom sink, that is probably the drain you want to focus on. In my case, it includes the kitchen sink because it was all hooked together. Put very hot water in the tub or shower or sink where you DO NOT plan to be unclogging. Leave it in there.
  6. Pour the hot BUT NOT BOILING water down the drain where you put the citric acid powder and the vinegar down the clogged pipe (if no water in the sink.)
  7. Go to the clogged pipe. With all the other drains air tight, get the plunger and press down and slowly pull up. You are trying to dislodge that clog.

If there is standing water, then start pumping with the plunger.

Weekly Process

1. I use Shea butter daily. So, I have got to up my game.
  2. 1 time per week, either do the baking soda/vinegar thing followed by hot water, or put some type of mild de-clogging product down the drain.
  3. Use a trap for hair.
Hope none of you get a clogged up shower and sink like I did during the middle of the week. What a mess! But if you do, maybe this can help someone.

I will add the the discoveries list on the first page!

:cry3::cry::cry2::cry4::crying3: This may get Queen Shea banned from my home. I better make sure to use less. I have been heavy handed. My husband does not enjoy unclogging the plumbing.

Queen Shea Will Plug Your Bathroom Pipes!
Okay, if you are using Shea butter, you are probably washing it out of your hair in either your bathroom sink, shower, tub or kitchen sink. Watch out!

I just got finished with a hope and a prayer and a plunger. I had a plug in my pipes. I don't think it was hair. It looked like all this gunky stuff.

So, if you are using Shea butter, I suggest that you treat your sinks, tubs and showers 1x per week. Of course you should use some kind of trap to capture hair. But hair was not my issue.

Got a Plug?
  1. Pour citric acid powder (some people use baking soda) down the sink. Add a little water to ensure it bubbles and starts to work. I thought it was going to blow because it was seriously bubbling and smoking! I closed the door and crouched to the right of the door frame, with my back and palms pressed up against the wall, like I was bracing myself for an explosion. I've been watching too much Black Panther. Citric acid powder eats up grease and even minerals that create soap scum. It's natural and I had some in the house.
  2. Then follow behind the citric acid or baking soda with some white vinegar.
  3. Let that sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
  4. Boil some water.
  5. Plug up every drain in the bathroom, except where you think the clog might be. Think about what you use the most. If you do your hair using the bathroom sink, that is probably the drain you want to focus on. In my case, it includes the kitchen sink because it was all hooked together. Put very hot water in the tub or shower or sink where you DO NOT plan to be unclogging. Leave it in there.
  6. Pour the hot BUT NOT BOILING water down the drain where you put the citric acid powder and the vinegar down the clogged pipe (if no water in the sink.)
  7. Go to the clogged pipe. With all the other drains air tight, get the plunger and press down and slowly pull up. You are trying to dislodge that clog.

If there is standing water, then start pumping with the plunger.

Weekly Process

1. I use Shea butter daily. So, I have got to up my game.
  2. 1 time per week, either do the baking soda/vinegar thing followed by hot water, or put some type of mild de-clogging product down the drain.
  3. Use a trap for hair.
Hope none of you get a clogged up shower and sink like I did during the middle of the week. What a mess! But if you do, maybe this can help someone.

I will add the the discoveries list on the first page!
Thanks for the tips @Chicoro. I have all of the above in my stash so I should get on this with the quickness, even though I am not experiencing any clogged sinks or tub at the moment. Prevention is better than cure in any case.

:cry3::cry::cry2::cry4::crying3: This may get Queen Shea banned from my home. I better make sure to use less. I have been heavy handed. My husband does not enjoy unclogging the plumbing.

You don't wait for a clog. Just like you maintain your hair weekly, treat your sink or tub weekly. That's why I put it here. All you have to do is put some very hot water down your drain. Make sure you have something in the sink to catch the hair. You may want to go back and read the process to de-grease the drain.

I've been using Shea butter for over a year. This is year #2 for me. Thus, I think I am doing good to not have had a plugged pipe until now. You'll be alright.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Benjamin Franklin (Founding and Father and possible one of our fathers- As he was a slave owner!):giggle:

Thanks for the tips @Chicoro. I have all of the above in my stash so I should get on this with the quickness, even though I am not experiencing any clogged sinks or tub at the moment. Prevention is better than cure in any case.

That is correct. The time to get on this is BEFORE you have any issues. I recommend to do it weekly if you do your hair weekly. I recommend to do it monthly if you do your hair monthly.

By "do", identify the day you are using your heaviest amount or round of products and washing them down the sink. That's the day you treat the drain!

I guess I might as well join you guys. I have some Oyin Whipped Pudding that's just sitting under my sink, sad and alone (well actually, not alone at all...just sad).

Hi. :wave:

I don't know why you playing as if it was your choice and you made a decision, on your own, to come in here. Girl, the Shea done got you. You never stood a chance against Queen Shea.

HEY!
leprechaun%2Bflashlight.gif

And welcome!​

Does anyone else’s hair grow unevenly? I’m lightweight upset that mine does. It seems one side is longer than the other. Dang it!
Yep! It's growing very unevenly at the moment. I had a lot of breakage and shedding in late 2016 that I'm trying to grow back and it's all kinds of different lengths right now. But even when I don't have issues my right side grows faster than my left.

I can attest and testify to the Queen Shea making your hair darker. For the last year and half I've been using SM Jet black hair dye and would normally retouch every 3 months and just live with my disrespectful grays in the front hairline that always sprouted back first. I haven't colored my hair since late fall and since I've been using Queen Shea my hair is Shea black!!!! The color is rich and doesn't look dusty anymore. I can't wait to get home, take this bun down and LCOB with my SB blend!

Everyone,

I went ahead and added that Shea butter may darken the hair. I placed the information on the first page, with our other Shea butter discoveries. The last two (2) posts, and severally other posts have repeatedly mentioned that Shea butter darkens the hair. Another Shea discovery! :clap:

I can attest and testify to the Queen Shea making your hair darker. For the last year and half I've been using SM Jet black hair dye and would normally retouch every 3 months and just live with my disrespectful grays in the front hairline that always sprouted back first. I haven't colored my hair since late fall and since I've been using Queen Shea my hair is Shea black!!!! The color is rich and doesn't look dusty anymore. I can't wait to get home, take this bun down and LCOB with my SB blend!

@Daina,
Thank you for your response about the darkening of the hair. It is interesting that you haven't dyed since Fall, your hair but yet, your hair is darker!

Ha ha, no such luck with my grays but the rest of my hair does look darker. It used to look kind of ashy and dull. It's not shiny because my hair doesn't naturally shine but it looks, I don't know, more moisturized I guess.

There is a recipe by GreenBeauty on Youtube. She pre-treats her hair with yellow onion juice, garlic and cayenne red pepper. Her hair has gone from pretty to glorious. She uses this sulfur, vasodilating mix to darken her hair and impact the gray hair!

I am starting to think that Shea really does perform some action directly on the cuticle. I say that because the cuticle of the hair, along with the shape of the hair strand, plays a huge role in determining the sheen or shine on the strand.

Back