Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
On Tuesday went to the salon for a deep conditioning followed by a blow dry and light dusting. Braided up and rocked cornrows (with ends tucked under!) all week. I have some concern about some minor breakage in my crown area and going to get serious about my hair care. Took out for ny moms party, planning on using shea butter to twist up this weekend. Waiting in my shea butter from amazon to arrive

Are you noticing some changes in the health of your hair, due to the use of Shea butter?

So I'm not officially in this challenge but I just bought a whipped butter mix at this pop-up shop owned by a black woman. She markets it for skin, but told me that it's lovely on the hair too. I'm going to use it on my hair and see what happens. I've never used shea consistently but I'm all about the moisture this year via butters because I'm determined to retain well even as I mostly wear my hair out.

Very interesting! I don't know why it darkens the hair. The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head is that Shea butter may smooth the surface of the hair cuticle and thus, allow light to reflect differently off the hair strand. But, I don't really know.
I’m guessing in my case, when my hair is dry and thirsty it looks brown or off black. The real color of my healthy hair is black. The more moisture my hair has, the more that comes through? I’m guessing here.

I, Chicoro, formerly nominate @AbsyBlvd , to the Shea Made Hair Unicorn Hall of Fame, on Saturday, February 24th, 2018. This is due to her elegantly, beautiful Shea enhanced gorgeous updo! :flahssssss:

@lalla, @caribeandiva and @ElevatedEnergy do your thing, ladies!
@AbsyBlvd welcome to the Shea made unicorn hall of fame!! :clap:

Thank you, thank you *enters in awe and briefly shields eyes from the bling of Shea-enhanced hair and skin. It's bright and I am hyped to be here. Me and my baby legs are happy to be growing and retaining on to longer unicorn lengths with all of you:2inlove:

So I'm not officially in this challenge but I just bought a whipped butter mix at this pop-up shop owned by a black woman. She markets it for skin, but told me that it's lovely on the hair too. I'm going to use it on my hair and see what happens. I've never used shea consistently but I'm all about the moisture this year via butters because I'm determined to retain well even as I mostly wear my hair out.

Shea butter done already got YOU! It's too, late for you. It wasn't your choice. You were "in" the moment you contemplated purchasing Shea. It's over, girl. Welcome to the Shea folds.

@Rocky91 ,Welcome to the Shea-Dome

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you *enters in awe and briefly shields eyes from the bling of Shea-enhanced hair and skin. It's bright and I am hyped to be here. Me and my baby legs are happy to be growing and retaining on to longer unicorn lengths with all of you:2inlove:

This is YOUR moment...
giphy.gif

Take your stroll on around the thread.
This is a once in a lifetime event.
Relish it. Love it. Bask in it,
Shea Unicorn Queen.​

Congrats to you, @AbysBlvd !!!

*passes her a bouquet of Shea Flowers, all made with pure shea, even the stems*

*watchin the paparazzi run up to AbysBlvd snappin pictures*

YOU MADE IT SISTA!!!

Congrats to you, @AbysBlvd !!!

*passes her a bouquet of Shea Flowers, all made with pure shea, even the stems*

*watchin the paparazzi run up to AbysBlvd snappin pictures*

YOU MADE IT SISTA!!!

Proudly watches as @AbsyBlvd tearfuly :cry4: takes a petal from her bouquet of Shea flowers :rose: and tenderly moisterizes the precious ends of her beautiful hair. :gorgeous:

I made my last batch of Shea butter with less oil in my Shea mix based on @ElevatedEnergy 's experiment and suggestion.

It is firm and does not feel fluffy like my other batches. But, I use far, far less of it, now. It takes a minute to absorb into my hair.

Before, I would slather it on and slather it on and it absorbed immediately in that the hair was instantly soft. But, I was greasy for most of the day.

Now, because I have less oils and more Shea butter in my mix, I can only put so much on my hair. I can no longer slather and pile on the Shea. It turns white and gummy. The Shea becomes immobile on my hair strands and I can't spread it as easily. Slathering has been halted in its tracks. But it completely absorbs into my hair within minutes. My hair is no longer greasy, either!

It's like Queen Shea is saying, "STOP! That is enough!"

Wait...Is Wakanda located in the Shea belt?

Last edited:
"Shea Butter with Vibranium Extract"

You know how we like pictures and testimonials.

Can someone help with the timeframe, as in the start date and end dates of the photos.

He may or may not be a slow grower. Please, don't state the obvious. I realize he is not in the 3A to 4C range. That may not matter where Vibraninum laced Wakandan Shea is concerned.

Here you go:

Vibranium Shea.jpg

I'm Just Glowing in the Dark - sarah--gracee
sarah--gracee.tumblr.com/page/2
The most potent vibranium must go in to wakanda's shea butter mix because this is just rude, like look at their skin….

Last edited:
It's inferred here, the positive results of Vibranium Shea from Wakanda. I'm going to assume that is what T'Challa used on his own beard and hair. I believe he is in the 4A range. He has too much integrity to recommend something to his buddy that he himself has not had experience with. Thus, I'd say, Vibranium Shea Butter is a winner and a "GO!" for our hair.

Vibranium Shea 2.png

I forgot to update on my adventures in trying to get Shea butter from Ghana.

View attachment 425569

*throws purse against wall*

$150 total for 10 pounds of Shea butter from Ghana.
I thanked her for being so gracious and looking into it all for me, but I had to pass.

*picks up purse, lightly brushes it off and gently hands it back*.

Awww, yeah that's too much. Thank you for updating! I think it's great you investigated and tried to work out a deal.

It's inferred here, the positive results of Vibranium Shea from Wakanda. I'm going to assume that is what T'Challa used on his own beard and hair. I believe he is in the 4A range. He has too much integrity to recommend something to his buddy that he himself has not had experience with. Thus, I'd say, Vibranium Shea Butter is a winner and a "GO!" for our hair.

View attachment 425555
:lachen::lachen:Yessss to vibranium infused Shea!! I’m ready to have hair down to my feet like Cousin Itt!
CF6E0F16-20F9-4770-A0C3-E7F6FD12E395.jpeg

Back