Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
I forgot to update on my adventures in trying to get Shea butter from Ghana.

View attachment 425569

*throws purse against wall*

$150 total for 10 pounds of Shea butter from Ghana. I thanked her for being so gracious and looking into it all for me, but I had to pass.
That’s unfortunate that the shipping costs 10 times more than the product itself. There must be a way to work out a deal with the postal system over there.

It's inferred here, the positive results of Vibranium Shea from Wakanda. I'm going to assume that is what T'Challa used on his own beard and hair. I believe he is in the 4A range. He has too much integrity to recommend something to his buddy that he himself has not had experience with. Thus, I'd say, Vibranium Shea Butter is a winner and a "GO!" for our hair.

View attachment 425555
I'm done! :supergrin: Chicoro I need you to log off so I can catch my breath and get some work done! :lachen:

@ElevatedEnergy Thanks for trying!!! Thanks for sharing your experiment using fewer proportions of oils. The pics were convincing, esp when rubbed on your arm. @Chicoro How much oils are you using now in your Shea mix recipe? This sounds interesting and would allow us to stretch our supply vs having to prepare a new batch every month. It is so easy to become heavy-handed and slather that goodness. Oops, I didn't noticed you signed off. Sorry.

Last edited:
I leave for a few days (because I love to treat myself to a nice long read in here) and come in to this thread to ya'll talking about vibranium laced shea. :lachen::lachen:And why am I sitting here wanting badly for it to be real? I would rub it into my scalp everyday! Chicoro would be Ulysses Klaue leading the expedition to get her hands on the hidden jar of ancient vibranium laced shea in the museum (which the museum guide thinks is just a jar of normal fossilized shea - you have to watch the movie to get it), while ElevatedEnergy, ThatJerseryGirl and caribeandiva would be her backups shooting the security guards.

Chicoro when someone asks if they can have even a DROP of her vibranium shea.

Serkis1.gif

2015-01-13_09_10_57.0.gif

These posts are too funny! I love this thread. :yep:

I leave for a few days (because I love to treat myself to a nice long read in here) and come in to this thread to ya'll talking about vibranium laced shea. :lachen::lachen:And why am I sitting here wanting badly for it to be real? I would rub it into my scalp everyday! Chicoro would be Ulysses Klaue leading the expedition to get her hands on the hidden jar of ancient vibranium laced shea in the museum (which the museum guide thinks is just a jar of normal fossilized shea - you have to watch the movie to get it), while ElevatedEnergy, ThatJerseryGirl and caribeandiva would be her backups shooting the security guards.

Serkis1.gif

@Chicoro checking out the vibranium laced ancient Shea in the museum:
9808C883-9642-459E-A13E-6EA8E50B6280.gif 836A6A6A-8CFA-49BD-A3A9-774E9D7D2E07.gif

While @ElevatedEnergy , @ThatJerseyGirl and I stand guard outside waiting for our cue:

1A8E517C-FC28-4209-8140-5611FEFE7386.gif

We get the signal, break in and make a run for it!

vqy928vzpqaa9sjlh0al.gif

@ElevatedEnergy Thanks for trying!!! Thanks for sharing your experiment using fewer proportions of oils. The pics were convincing, esp when rubbed on your arm. @Chicoro How much oils are you using now in your Shea mix recipe? This sounds interesting and would allow us to stretch our supply vs having to prepare a new batch every month. It is so easy to become heavy-handed and slather that goodness. Oops, I didn't noticed you signed off. Sorry.

As long as you put @Chicoro after my name, I will see your note to me and respond! :yep:
So, don't worry if someone has signed off. It's not a problem. They'll answer the next time they sign on.

"How much oils are you using now in your Shea mix recipe?"

I don't really measure. I think I left out the coconut oil and I used 1/2 of what I usually use. So, think about how you mix down your Shea butter today, and keep the same amount of Shea butter in your mix as before. Then, put in less oil.

I love coconut oil and in my particular Shea mix, I think it's the oil that makes my mix and my hair greasy. I think I will make a smaller batch with coconut oil. That will be used when I want a more luxurious, oily, lubricated feeling on my skin and hair~

A little long hair inspiration and reminder of what 'could be' waiting for us in December 2018....Unicorn, but not Shea-Made

('Hair Feets' :walking::walking::walking: are at Whip Length)
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/whimsys-finally-back-to-hip-length-and.691395/
Post #1

Whimsy HipLength.jpg
Although she is not a Shea-Made Unicorn, she's still a Unicorn!

This is our very own Whimsy, from 2013. Her regimen is very simple. If you are looking for a process to follow, you can model it after her process. Her process is pretty consistent with most waist length and beyond hair growers do, who have afro-textured hair.

You can use Shea butter to amp and kick it up 5 notches!

Her Regimen:
Current Regimen

wash day one:
Shampoo and deep condition
Moisturize and oil
braid up, twist up or bun up

then following wash day (3-4 days later):
Cowash
Moisturize and oil
braid up, twist up or bun up

repeat

nightly:
moisturize and oil if needed
bun on top of head or pin braids up or otherwise put hair "away"
put on scarf and/or bonnet

-------------------

I'm pretty low maintenance. I believe it is what works for me...low manipulation and lots of moisture and coconut oil!!

-------------------
edited to add: i keep trying to make that photo smaller but it doesn't work. Sorry.

Last edited:
More than I will need for a 2 day trip. But at least 1 ounce. Plus my favorite Shea butter body balm. We just took off.

@mzteaze
Queen Shea got you checking in even when your are on your flight!

Queen Shea is like: I need to know where you are at all times. Shea's the Queen and we're the serfs and peasants.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Queen Shea comes into the room like...

giphy.gif

Serkis1.gif

We are struggling trying to work a deal with someone to get Shea butter. Imagine trying to get the Vibranium laced Shea.

I see you 'recognize' and understand the 'ground work' needed to be put in to GET THIS Shea Laced Vibranium.

Everybody, BACK UP Off the Shea -Vibranium Mix!

djvqcl2a0nbbujmb4gqb.gif

Last edited:
@Chicoro checking out the vibranium laced ancient Shea in the museum:
View attachment 425589 View attachment 425591

While @ElevatedEnergy , @ThatJerseyGirl and I stand guard outside waiting for our cue:

View attachment 425593

We get the signal, break in and make a run for it!

vqy928vzpqaa9sjlh0al.gif

Wait, you a math and technology major....break down this formula and see what you can do for us:

19932616_how-does-black-panthers-vibranium_t5296272b.gif

I'm needing that purple, Vibranium Laced Shea crack - STAT!

When you get the breakdown, or access, can you forward that on to our resident Mixtresses, @ThatJerseyGirl and @IDareT'sHair , please?

We gone let @ElevatedEnergy sit this one out. She gathered intel for direct access to the Ghana Shea butter product. We'll put her back in the field when she's rested. There's nothing worse then burning through your best agents due to a lack of poor resource planning. We got you!

Last edited:
Wait, you a math and technology major....break down this formula and see what you can do for us:

19932616_how-does-black-panthers-vibranium_t5296272b.gif

I'm needing that purple, Vibranium Laced Shea crack - STAT!

When you get the breakdown, or access, can you forward that on to our resident Mixtresses, @ThatJerseyGirl and @IDareT'sHair , please?

We gone let @ElevatedEnergy sit this one out. She gathered intel for direct access to the Ghana Shea butter product. We'll put her back in the field when she's rested. There's nothing worse then burning through your best agents due to a lack of poor resource planning. We got you!
8A7DE5D0-BBE8-437A-90D3-BA229354279F.gif

Yeah I got nothing. Imma need Shuri and her lab to help me figure this one out. #Wakandaforever!!

Queen Shea Will Plug Your Bathroom Pipes!
Okay, if you are using Shea butter, you are probably washing it out of your hair in either your bathroom sink, shower, tub or kitchen sink. Watch out!

I just got finished with a hope and a prayer and a plunger. I had a plug in my pipes. I don't think it was hair. It looked like all this gunky stuff.

So, if you are using Shea butter, I suggest that you treat your sinks, tubs and showers 1x per week. Of course you should use some kind of trap to capture hair. But hair was not my issue.

Got a Plug?
  1. Pour citric acid powder (some people use baking soda) down the sink. Add a little water to ensure it bubbles and starts to work. I thought it was going to blow because it was seriously bubbling and smoking! I closed the door and crouched to the right of the door frame, with my back and palms pressed up against the wall, like I was bracing myself for an explosion. I've been watching too much Black Panther. Citric acid powder eats up grease and even minerals that create soap scum. It's natural and I had some in the house.
  2. Then follow behind the citric acid or baking soda with some white vinegar.
  3. Let that sit for 15 to 30 minutes.
  4. Boil some water.
  5. Plug up every drain in the bathroom, except where you think the clog might be. Think about what you use the most. If you do your hair using the bathroom sink, that is probably the drain you want to focus on. In my case, it includes the kitchen sink because it was all hooked together. Put very hot water in the tub or shower or sink where you DO NOT plan to be unclogging. Leave it in there.
  6. Pour the hot BUT NOT BOILING water down the drain where you put the citric acid powder and the vinegar down the clogged pipe (if no water in the sink.)
  7. Go to the clogged pipe. With all the other drains air tight, get the plunger and press down and slowly pull up. You are trying to dislodge that clog.

If there is standing water, then start pumping with the plunger.

Weekly Process

1. I use Shea butter daily. So, I have got to up my game.
  2. 1 time per week, either do the baking soda/vinegar thing followed by hot water, or put some type of mild de-clogging product down the drain.
  3. Use a trap for hair.
Hope none of you get a clogged up shower and sink like I did during the middle of the week. What a mess! But if you do, maybe this can help someone.

I will add this to the discoveries list on the first page!

Last edited:
Back