Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters
I got tired of wearing my hair in tight buns. THey age me,, and besides, I like my buns fluffy and poofy but could not manage that with pasty shea butter hair without excessive manipulation, So I sat down and put my hair in individual braids with extensions. My hair is now heavily shea buttered and protected within the braids. And I don't have to worry about rain, snow, wind and sleet. I am a happy camper because it is a very easy style for me to maintain as I can redo individual braids as I see fit.

This will be my protective shea butter growth and retention hairstyle for 2018. Should take me back to BSL and hopefully beyond. :yay:

Last edited:
I have used products in the past with shea butter in them...I've used Shea Moisture, Camille Rose, Silk Dreams just to name a few....but I didn't feel that shea magic or shea slide until I used an actual blend of shea butter and oils that I mixed. Also there is only so much shea butter a company can use when formulating conditioners and products...especially ones that also contain water. Really not much at all. So if one wants that maximum shea magic, it's probably a good idea to mix it themselves. I mean if @IDareT'sHair can get her mix on....and we all know she ain't about that mixtress life :giggle: then by golly there's hope for everyone!!! :headspin::grouphug3:

Thank you for stating this so explicitly and clearly. These two statements are really key. It's got to be real shea butter where the majority of your mix is shea butter. That's not a rule, it's just what I've to be effective. Mass, produced, commercial products just don't have this like you stated. Hand crafted, cottage industry products like those on Etsy or from small, black-owned companies may have it, too.

But I say, "Why risk missing the maximum magic?" Getting shea butter and buying an electric whisk will be cheaper in the long run and the magic is assured.

I got tired of wearing my hair in tight buns. THey age me,, and besides, I like my buns fluffy and poofy but could not manage that with pasty shea butter hair without excessive manipulation, So I sat down and put my hair in individual braids with extensions. My hair is now heavily shea buttered and protected within the braids. And I don't have to worry about rain, snow, wind and sleet. I am a happy camper because it is a very easy style for me to maintain as I can redo individual braids as I see fit.

This will be my protective shea butter growth and retention hairstyle for 2018. Should take me back to BSL and hopefully beyond. :yay:

You are ready for ANYTHING! You are not playing, are you! Go @Saravana !

@ElevatedEnergy that oil mix that you are infusing looks delicious!! what kind of herbs are you using? I remember there is a store in DC on Georgia Avenue, right down the street from Howard U before you get to the McDonalds, and there is an herb store. Any herb you want, they have it. The place is so aromatic that you can smell it before you walk in. That place has been there for yeaaaarrrsss!! I use to frequent the store when I was making my herb oil back in the day.

@ElevatedEnergy that oil mix that you are infusing looks delicious!! what kind of herbs are you using? I remember there is a store in DC on Georgia Avenue, right down the street from Howard U before you get to the McDonalds, and there is an herb store. Any herb you want, they have it. The place is so aromatic that you can smell it before you walk in. That place has been there for yeaaaarrrsss!! I use to frequent the store when I was making my herb oil back in the day.

It looks like rosemary. I'm excited to see what she says!

I've been noticing "Da Slide" How easily Sheds are Released! No more fighting to detangle to remove "Sheds"

It's like Da' Butta' slides them right on out.

This alone definitely gets x2 Thumbs Up from me!:up: :up:

Agreed! Shed hair slides right out of my braids when I M&S with my shea butter mix. I have noticed slightly less shed hair when I finger detangle during wash day. I believe it will get better over time.

I used to frequent that place too during my years at Howard, but mainly for cooking herbs! I'm happy it's still there!

I made my version of the Curlyproverbz Ayurvedic hair growth oil last night. It really helps to have a sister who’s as hair obsessed as you :lol:. We split the cost of the ingredients which made it much cheaper. I made 2 jars: one for her and one for me. I actually broke one of the 2 pretty jars that I bought just for the occasion (full of fenugreek growth oil :cry4: ), salvaged as much as I could by adding it to the other jar, and ended up using a spaghetti sauce jar I had on hand and remaking that batch. Oh well it still works. I’m excited to start using it and have it boost my growth rate. That’s as far as I’ll go Ayurveda wise for now. I’m not gonna add any powders or other Ayurvedic oils to my Shea Butter mix. I don’t wanna overwhelm myself.
EC30FC41-4FEE-4C36-B93C-18A8CC118AB1.jpeg

It looks like rosemary. I'm excited to see what she says!

Lawd I have so many herbs, I can't remember what all I put in there. LOL

20171227_091931-1944x1458.jpg

I'm going through a bit of postpartum shedding which has caused my edges to abandon me, so I've been using lots of herbs targeted for growth and cell renewal. I know for sure that batch had fenugreek seeds, rosemary, rosehips, nettle, horsetail and Burdock root. It's working though. The day after my first time using it, I saw little sprouts of hair coming in.

I used to use she butter earlier in my hair journey but i stopped as it was irritating my hands. I had mixed the Naptural 85 shea mix but now it does not affect me anymore.
Question: has anyone used it with crochet braids? i have crochet braids in and i used the shea to oil/grease my scalp. This is the first time i have used crochet braids and my scalp is itching. So i'm using it to see if it will help with it.

So I did the Chebe today. And I don't know how I feel about it...
What I did:
  • I sprayed a section of my hair slghtly with CP tea
  • Added Kara are Creme Brulee to the entire section. Pulling the length of my strands
  • I added the Chebe mixture to the hair from the ends upward to the roots. (The hair was very easily entangled. Ahead hair came right out. No single strand knots at all)
  • Once slightly entangled added whipped Shea butter. (When I say it was a look smooth! And entangled. Then my curls popped in a way they have never popped before.
Now, what I hated was the grainy fall from the Chebe and the very earthy weird smell.
My hair is extremely elongated. I braided each section back up and it felt strong and smooth. The braid looks stretched and long. It feels good too...
I think I like it but I guess I will know once I take my hair down in a week.
I'm excited. The whipped Shea is magical and the Chebe might have boosted it a bit...
Did the chebe soften your hair? I'm not clear on how you mixed it in. Did you add it to your hair straight from the jar? When you say "grainy fall" do you mean that it was flaking off your hair?

Lawd I have so many herbs, I can't remember what all I put in there. LOL

View attachment 421097

I'm going through a bit of postpartum shedding which has caused my edges to abandon me, so I've been using lots of herbs targeted for growth and cell renewal. I know for sure that batch had fenugreek seeds, rosemary, rosehips, nettle, horsetail and Burdock root. It's working though. The day after my first time using it, I saw little sprouts of hair coming in.
Well damn girl. Your house looking like a pharmacy! :lol: That’s awesome!

Pulled Out:
Cream & Coco's Infused Whipped Shea Butter aka Cotton Candy Clouds (from last BF Christmas Scents:look:)

- I have one in: Sweet Potato and one in Sugar Plum Fairy.:love:...:lick:

Ingredients: "Organic Whipped Shea Butter, Organic Rice Bran and Soy Oils, Perfume Whipped into a delicious light texture"

Description: Perfect for dry hair and helps seal ends and protect them from breakage

Well damn girl. Your house looking like a pharmacy! :lol: That’s awesome!

That's exactly what it is! I don't take medicine, don't smoke, don't drink. You got a headache? I got a herb for that. Back hurts? Got a herb for that. Wanna get tipsy.... :look: Herbs can do anything all this manmade stuff can do....just 1000% better because you are getting it in its raw form.

That's exactly what it is! I don't take medicine, don't smoke, don't drink. You got a headache? I got a herb for that. Back hurts? Got a herb for that. Wanna get tipsy.... :look: Herbs can do anything all this manmade stuff can do....just 1000% better because you are getting it in its raw form.
My mom is the same way. She grows a garden in her backyard and is known as the herbal medicine lady among the Haitians here. She grew up in the Haitian countryside and really knows her stuff. She doesn’t take medicines either and hates when I do. Goodness forbid I get sick, the woman springs into action! :lol:

Back