She Updated.....Ateya's Perm day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the popular member was getting a corrective and people did get on her case for relaxing multiple times in a short period :look:.

even if there are a few people who have done corectives a lot, no where does ateya mention the overlapping is due to this. therefore, she can't even be compared to them. she looks like she's overlapping because she doesn't actually know better. and her previously relaxed hair looks bone straight to me.

she has great hair but her practices are not all that healthy. obviously not everybody here has them either but i doubt they have heavily watched and subscribed youtube channels too where people are following her techniques.

Bingo! :yep:

You amongst others. Plenty of folks have done correctives back to back and asked about it.. You got a hella lotta one-stars and an e-friendly beat down (I think i was there for at least two of your relaxers), but this girl is getting roasted over there (folks are subtle here, but they lose all inhibition when they log onto Youtube). In your case, everyone (as far as I see) got over what you did because it worked for you, you aren't bald, and your hair still looks great. This girl's hair looks great, yet all I see in this thread is people going on about how its wrong... even though it clearly worked for her.

Not directed at you SAL:
Sometimes I think its better to just recognize she has skills and move on, instead of complaining that her reggie wouldn't work for them (as if she suggested they do it...)

People think because they paid their 5 dollars that they are somehow gurus themselves who are authorized to go around and judge every strand of hair that isnt attached to their own heads/bodies. Like posting everyday makes them hair experts. :rolleyes: I just want to add this: You do not have to be jealous to be a hater. You could very well just believe that what you do is better than them and judge them based on your standards. Thats all it takes.

Well dang Aloof. :lachen: Could you be any more vague and general about how you really feel? :lachen:

I predict that every Ateya thread will end like this.:nono:
And what people are afraid to say on here they'll take it over to Youtube like we dont know where those posters came from

:funny:

People....PEOPLE!!!:lachen: Ya'll leave Ateya alone! I said is once and I'll say it again...to each their own. I saw all those comments :nono:

Wow, here hair is so straight! I wish i could get mine that straight, but I am just too scared to relax it that much.

I am not mad at her at all. Her hair looks good. I like that she uses wigs to protect her hair during the day, too.

Sometimes I think its better to just recognize she has skills and move on, instead of complaining that her reggie wouldn't work for them (as if she suggested they do it...)

:look:

If we did not go back and forth about different regimens and discuss what works for one person or the other, this would not be LHCF.

It is a forum and I think everyone has a right to comment about it. It would be boring here is we did not see all opinions.

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement over this (not that she cares:lachen:) I crack up thinking about how we be back and forthing with each other and the video folx usually don't know/don't care :lachen:

:lachen:I was thinking the same thing. I'm like why are people arguing about her hair. She doesn't care people. She knows her hair looks good and she loves her regimen and obvious it's working people:grin: What works for her may not work for you:grin:

I would love to have her hair right about now people:grin:

Maybe I'm missing something since it was her hair that had the swang and not the wig:)

PLEASE SEE POST #33 TO KNOW WHERE I WAS COMING FROM.
I agree she does have serious swang and her hair is very beautiful, but you know there is always going to be others just trying to be funny about things, so please relate to post #33.

Last edited:
I DONT AGREE ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF THATS GOING ON, BUT I REALLY HATE THAT I EVEN STARTED THIS THREAD:wallbash:, BUT I DID IT BECAUSE I LIKE WATCHING HER VIDEO'S AND OTHERS AND WANTED TO LET OTHERS KNOW THAT SHE UPDATED LIKE ANYONE ELSE WOULD WHEN THEY UPDATE. THIS THREAD HAVE HAD TO MUCH NEGATIVE GOING ON AND THATS NOT HOW I CONSIDERED IT TO BE. YES I SAID THAT I DIDNT THINK IT WAS RIGHT WHEN YOU WILL TRY TO TEACH OR SHOW SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING AND NOT DO IT RIGHT YOURSELF......LEADING BY EXAMPLE. TO EACH HIS OWN AND WHATS GOING TO WORK FOR ONE MIGHT NOT FOR THE OTHER, BUT WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE ITS WORKING FOR HER AND I GUESS THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.:yep:

I DONT AGREE ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF THATS GOING ON, BUT I REALLY HATE THAT I EVEN STARTED THIS THREAD:wallbash:, BUT I DID IT BECAUSE I LIKE WATCHING HER VIDEO'S AND OTHERS AND WANTED TO LET OTHERS KNOW THAT SHE UPDATED LIKE ANYONE ELSE WOULD WHEN THEY UPDATE. THIS THREAD HAVE HAD TO MUCH NEGATIVE GOING ON AND THATS NOT HOW I CONSIDERED IT TO BE. YES I SAID THAT I DIDNT THINK IT WAS RIGHT WHEN YOU WILL TRY TO TEACH OR SHOW SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING AND NOT DO IT RIGHT YOURSELF......LEADING BY EXAMPLE. TO EACH HIS OWN AND WHATS GOING TO WORK FOR ONE MIGHT NOT FOR THE OTHER, BUT WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE ITS WORKING FOR HER AND I GUESS THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.:yep:

I knew where it was headed after the first page:nono:. Everytime someone makes a thread about this girl's hair it always seems to go downhill for some strange reason. People don't like her products. People don't like her technique. People don't think her hair will grow if she continues to use that regimen (someone actually said this on here). Just let the girl do her. Dang

Last edited:
I knew where it was headed after the first page:nono:. Everytime someone makes a thread about this girl's hair it always seems to go downhill for some strange reason. People don't like her products. People don't like her technique. People don't think her hair will grow if she continues to use that regimen (someone actually said this on here). Just let the girl do her. Dang

Well I didnt know that it was going to turn out this way because I havent seen the other threads that headed downhill, but only if I knew what I know now I wouldnt even said that she updated. If others dont like her products or technique then its simple as that to just not do it or use it.

Well I didnt know that it was going to turn out this way because I havent seen the other threads that headed downhill, but only if I knew what I know now I wouldnt even said that she updated. If others dont like her products or technique then its simple as that to just not do it or use it.

They don't understand that concept. The hair gurus are always going to come in every thread about this girl with the "Oh well her hair looks good BUT ... :blah: " as if she required their acceptance with her regimen/hair. I could understand if she had jacked up hair... but I dont recall her asking for (or needing) any of the aforementioned "LHCF methods."

I'm not understanding why it's a problem for ppl to point out the fact that she doesn't have the healthiest hair care practices? :perplexed I mean, she doesn't. Does that mean her hair isn't bangin? Naw. It just means that there are better/healthier ways to accomplish what she has. No one is taking anything away from her or her hair. She chooses style over length. What she does works for her to achieve her style. Were she to try to retain length, I'm sure some changes would have to be made (just like we all made changes upon joining LHCF).

I honestly believe that if a newbie came to this site, posting this reggie (Ateya's) and asked us to critique it, EVERYONE and their LHCF momma would be in there talking about how she needs more moisture, less heat, etc. But because homegirl has a youtube page and some videos, to give anything less than praise is deemed 'hating'.

I'll never really understand, people.

I knew she updated and I saw the video before it was posted and after reading the comments that some people wrote I wouldn't dare post it because I knew it would be worse on here. I don't use half of the stuff yall rave about on here, but I am not knocking anybody that does. That's why she says MY hair regimen. I don't use no Ovation/Megatek, Monistat, Ayurvedic, MTG, powders and skiakkakai oils, shampoo bars all that other stuff and my hair is growing just fine. Her hair is swanging so I guess its working for her. And I repeat EVERYTHING DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYBODY!!!!

They don't understand that concept. The hair gurus are always going to come in every thread about this girl with the "Oh well her hair looks good BUT ... :blah: " as if she required their acceptance with her regimen/hair. I could understand if she had jacked up hair... but I dont recall her asking for (or needing) any of the aforementioned "LHCF methods."

ITA with everything aloofone. Unless I ask someone to critique my regimen I don't need it. If it's working I am going to use it regardless of what yall say. If she had came on here and asked for help with her regimen would be very different. Then people could pick her regimen apart and tell her that her techniques and products don't work and make a list of the products you think she should use:rolleyes:. But of course some LHCF ladies will do it regardless whether or not you ask :look: Ateya's hair is apparently doing fine, no need to worry people

Dang, i didnt know so many people knew about her and liked her...

I remember searching to make sure she wasnt a member, then asking a question about drying hair striaght under the dryer and mentioning her name like back in June, and from there i thought i only saw 1 or 2 other threads mentioning her name.

Her hair and the cut is nice, and i believe that she could grow her hair with her regimen...maybe not as fast, but its working for her....not everyone texlaxes and is on low heat and manipulation...seems like about the same thing as going to someone you trust at the salon weekly and having your hair prosper, happens for some people*shrugs*...her personality, makeup and clothes seems average to me too...*shrugs* (not to knock her, just didnt get the hype :blush:)

Someone tagged this thread with the terms "haters" and "jealous"... How did you come to that conclusion? I'd venture to say that most of the posters in this thread have longer hair and healthier hair practices (if not simply healthier hair :look:), so what are they hating on? The fact that Ateya has a Youtbue video and they don't? Are they jealous because their webcams are broken? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back