Shanel Cooper-sikes..she Is So On Point With This.

I don't know how to put this but I think most of her advice is full of ****. I guess if you like that type of thing where you work yourself to death to be everything he wants...perfect physique, perfect culinary skills, perfect submissive attitude, perfect sexing up...but his reciprocal responsibility? I've yet to see that video. I could be wrong and it might exist.

I don't know how to put this but I think most of her advice is full of ****. I guess if you like that type of thing where you work yourself to death to be everything he wants...perfect physique, perfect culinary skills, perfect submissive attitude, perfect sexing up...but his reciprocal responsibility? I've yet to see that video. I could be wrong and it might exist.

Yes, it does. Now just erase the words "perfect", replace with "good" and you've got my marriage. As far as "submissive attitude" is concerned, honey, that's a two-way street in my house :yep: We equally submit to each other. As far as these things are concerned, I must admit that it makes me a little sad that videos like this need even exist. Women still have a long way to go at understanding and reclaiming their power. And I don't mean "power" simply in terms of having the ability to seduce and dominate a man, although that comes with the territory.

Did I miss something? Nothing she said was new or profound - Stop sleeping with everybody!! Stop giving the goods away for free!! Maybe I need to watch a few more video's to get a complete picture.

I agree with that two minute vid. ( I haven't seen the rest of her content though )

They told us about this type of thing in church when I was about 16 and I didn't pay it much mind but I remembered the words "shattered spirit". They were talking about how regardless of whether one was a man or a woman, the nature of the sexual experience was such a powerful one that each time you were with someone, you basically gave them a piece of your spirit and took a piece of theirs. And that was why even if people didn't think they could abstain till they were married, keeping the number of partners down wasn't just important for physical health, but for spiritual health. That tidbit stuck with me.

Did I miss something? Nothing she said was new or profound - Stop sleeping with everybody!! Stop giving the goods away for free!! Maybe I need to watch a few more video's to get a complete picture.

Yes you did, she gave a brief explanation explaining why. That reason goes over alot of people's heads.

Yes, it does. Now just erase the words "perfect", replace with "good" and you've got my marriage. As far as "submissive attitude" is concerned, honey, that's a two-way street in my house :yep: We equally submit to each other. As far as these things are concerned, I must admit that it makes me a little sad that videos like this need even exist. Women still have a long way to go at understanding and reclaiming their power. And I don't mean "power" simply in terms of having the ability to seduce and dominate a man, although that comes with the territory.

My problem with most people's definition of female submission is that they miss the rest of that scripture they are referring to. There's much more responsibility on the male side but they are stuck and delighted immediately at "woman...submit to your husband" and the complete message goes right out the door, replaced with a farce. Power is relative and can be, in fact, manipulation. I'm so thankful for my heritage because naturally, I, as a woman, am powerful in ways that females of Euro-culture never were. We are natural leaders and have been so for 1,000's of years until Euros superimposed their inferior ways on our cultures.

Last edited:
talkin like dat..hell no she ain't married.

Girl! I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to say when I posted that, but I just had to ask to give her the benefit of the doubt. I have an issue with a woman coming up and telling me ALL the things I can do to get and keep a man, how to make him happy, how to cook his meals in heels, how to blow his mind in the bedroom every time, and all that ridiculous stuff... and she hasn't been able to get and keep a man with all that stuff she's preaching. It just doesn't make sense to me. The other day I was thinking just how ridiculous and hazardous it would be to fry chicken with some ridiculous heels on. Who in their right mind does that?

I better stop.

So is she literally telling people to cook in high heels? I thought that was just the title of her book.

She comes across as preachy and head rolling which doesn't really resonate with me. She seems like a go getter though, which I really admire

My problem with most people's definition of female submission is that they miss the rest of that scripture they are referring to. There's much more responsibility on the male side but they are stuck and delighted immediately at "woman...submit to your husband" and the complete message goes right out the door, replaced with a farce. Power is relative and can be, in fact, manipulation. I'm so thankful for my heritage because naturally, I, as a woman, am powerful in ways that females of Euro-culture never were. We are natural leaders and have been so for 1,000's of years until Euros superimposed their inferior ways on our cultures.

Thank you for sharing that. Let me respond by saying that your mention of "scripture" implies the following of some religious doctrine. Not the case with me and my husband. And, it isn't that cultural. It's organic. It stems from his being a male human being, and all that that entails, and my being a female human being. And that between us, through our physical expressions of the love we have for one another, we created other human beings. He is in awe of me because I can do that with my body. I am in awe of him because without him, I couldn't. Now I'm not going to say our individual upbringings don't come into play here, they did help shape and form the people we are today to an extent. But we do as we do because it is what we find pleasing, agreeable and effective for us and our family, not because some religio-socio construct told us so.

So is she literally telling people to cook in high heels? I thought that was just the title of her book.

Ah, of course. Now I know why the name seemed so familiar. Someone made a thread about that book a while back.

She comes across as preachy and head rolling which doesn't really resonate with me. She seems like a go getter though, which I really admire

She needs to come into the "Teach Me" thread, perhaps? :lol:

Ah, of course. Now I know why the name seemed so familiar. Someone made a thread about that book a while back.

She needs to come into the "Teach Me" thread, perhaps? :lol:

Yes, I have just run into this "submissive" ideal within the last few years online. It seems that the main proponents of the idea are people I couldn't really imagine submitting to anyone :lachen:.

They seem to be very headstrong and opinionated and almost bossy about the whole thing. In my head I am thinking you don't seem like the submissive type but whatever *shrug* LOL

A while ago I saw these photos (or was it a video?) where she was promoting her book. Sister had on the most ridiculous get-up for the purpose of frying some chicken. SMH.

My friend is obsessed with her. Sent me a free copy of her book through email. Thinks her word is gold or something. I watched a couple of ustreams and I noticed her advice was a little off at times. I support positive black women, perhaps me being in school for counseling enhances my skepticism. What are the qualifications of a life coach? None right, correct me if I'm wrong. So basically she is just someone who says the right things and is great at marketing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I used to be Shanel Cooper stan. But these 3 minute videos that she has been posting lately after her long break after GYIT has really been lacking. I don't get what's so amazing about this video either. Did something happen to her after that long break? I'm really worried about her. She seems a bit off now.

I used to be Shanel Cooper stan. But these 3 minute videos that she has been posting lately after her long break after GYIT has really been lacking. I don't get what's so amazing about this video either. Did something happen to her after that long break? I'm really worried about her. She seems a bit off now.

She was doing some things thru her classroom.... I havent listened to this video yet... I like her because she trys to empower women, having them learn about self, some people need that push...

I just posted this video to my YT yesterday. I like what she has to say. I don't understand why she has to be broken down so much. Does only a person with a bunch of letters behind their name have the right to share their opinions and feelings? I love her vibe.

That 3 minute video came from an hour and 30 minute class...which I have been apart of. We had a virtual class every week. Actually all of the 3 min vids she's posted lately came from our classes. The classes were phenomenal! They started right after GYIT, so there wasn't a long break. Maybe if you weren't a student or elite student it seemed like a break, but she did the right thing...focusing on the people that were paying her money every month.

Anywho, Shanel has ended Shanel's Classroom and the Elite Classroom and is moving on to bigger and better things. I think she's putting all of her energy into her television show...she's in the process of moving to LA. Not for good though, she'll be bicoastal. She also has 3 new books she is about to release.

And yes she's married or at the least engaged...she's rocked a giant diamond ring in a couple of her older videos. She stopped when people started asking too many questions lol.

Last edited:
It's threads like this that annoy me. And yes I know everyone paid their $5.00/$6.50 but geez. Whenever a black woman puts herself out there it seems like the majority has already made up their mind not to like her. But the majority ain't doing squat to uplift other black women or provide a solution. If you can do better, than do it already and stop giving 50-11 reasons why so-and-so is falling off, doesn't know what she is talking about or is not highly accredited!!!!

Back