Shanel Cooper: I Totally Disagree With Her Analysis In This Video..

The problem is that when most men cheat they hide it and the women cannot protect herself emotionally and physically. Instead of getting with an woman like themselves who believe in an "open marriage" the men get with very committed, devoted women. So they get the benefits of a serious loving wife while playing around.
Also when men cheat they are not fully vested in their relationships. Half of their heart and time is elsewhere.

I never understand why a married woman knows so much about relationships as oppposed to a single woman? Some married women are just as clueless but have a marriage document. There are some people with no children that could do a better job than those that do have children. I DO understand it is helpful to talk to someone that is married but a marriage ceremony does not make someone the guru on relationships.

I never understand why a married woman knows so much about relationships as oppposed to a single woman? Some married women are just as clueless but have a marriage document. There are some people with no children that could do a better job than those that do have children. I DO understand it is helpful to talk to someone that is married but a marriage ceremony does not make someone the guru on relationships.

I don't think that being married necessarily makes you an expert on marriage but being single disqualifies you. If you haven't formed and maintained for a significant period of time a happy, healthy marriage then you probably shouldn't be telling other people how to do so.

I don't think that being married necessarily makes you an expert on marriage but being single disqualifies you. If you haven't formed and maintained for a significant period of time a happy, healthy marriage then you probably shouldn't be telling other people how to do so.

I gotcha. :yep:

I'm not defending her 100% but:
To Clarlify, Most people do not see her as a Marriage coach. She is a life coach.

If you go onto her site, most of her stuff is basically LOA repackaged for black women. She does have "Stilettos in the Kitchen" about being a domestic goddess..but that is just a part of her business.

I did her 21 Day gratitude challenge in Dec. It was one of the first classes she did for free. As I said, it was LOA repackaged in many ways and she puts her perosnality into it. The chat room in that class was the best part. My friend and I did the class together and the chat room got us through finals so funny! Just crazy people not listening to SCS or asking her the dumbest questions.

anyway..yeah I would not call her a relationship coach

Thanks for this because I've only seen a few of her videos here and there...I've also watched a few more today and I did see some LOA stuff but I did notice that she seems to also give lots of advice to women about how they should deal in relationships/marriage.

I think she should make a video describing her own relationship situation because just based on that information you can better tell where a person is coming from with their advice.

There's a reason people confuse for her a relationship coach.

She's not, but much of her "life coaching" advice involves getting and maintaining a man, remaining feminine so as to not scare men away, being a domestic goddess so your man will be too happy at home to cheat. :look:

If she doesn't want the label, she should leave that advice alone.

I really like Shanel and I can't tell you how much I've learned from her. But I do with her like I do with basically everyone...chew the meat and spit out the bone.

She would if she's a polyamorist. Is she an advocate of open marriages? If she is, then that would explain that particular video and the "let him cheat" video. If she isn't, she would seem disingenuous trying to give advice on traditional marriage and monogamous relationships.
I've never seen her advocate open marriages. At least not for women. :lol:

What she often depicts is much more like "Big Love" polygamy. Men have their fill, women devoted and loyal to one.

I still can't get over her video on submission... :look:

I am just now hearing of this lady. I watched some of her other non relationship videos and I actually liked them. She has a fun personality and a lot of energy. Like someone said its basically just loa

I saw that submission one, but didn't click on it. Will see what its about when I get home, now u got me worried, lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I think a lot of her relationship advice comes from her upbringing and religious experiences. As someone else said I take whats inline with my standards and ignore the rest.

Yet another person deluding women into thinking they can control another adult's actions. I don't have the energy to get upset and her marital status has no impact on my opinion of her video.

And all a married person can do is tell you what worked for them. My grandparents have been married for 55+ years and neither of them EVER gives unsolicited advice because, as people who've been married for 55+ years, they are very much aware of the fact that marriage is not a one size fits all institution. IMO, people should be very careful when taking the advice of outsiders, regardless of their marital status.

Back