Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

I used aloe vera gel on my braidout and my hair is definitely smoother and shinier than when I use AOHSR, but it's a bit stiff. I think I used too much.

I also bought long bobby pins today. I'm going to used them together with my snap on caps next time I set. Maybe this weekend or maybe in 3 weeks. I'm not sure. I have to muster up the energy, but I will get my April set in!

I took back all those Carols Daughter products. I couldn't get with those ingredients no matter how good her hair looked. So now I have a eBay cart with lottabody, salerm 21, lacio lacio, its a 10, and paul mitchell super skinny serum and don't know which to buy.

I took back all those Carols Daughter products. I couldn't get with those ingredients no matter how good her hair looked. So now I have a eBay cart with lottabody, salerm 21, lacio lacio, its a 10, and paul mitchell super skinny serum and don't know which to buy.

well every product won't work the same for everybody. at least you had sense to stop using it before a setback

Sitting under the dryer so I won't be sleeping in rollers tonight! I purchased a rolling hooded dryer from Sally's today. It was pretty simple to put together & it isn't flimsy, thank goodness. I purchased the extended warranty so I'm covered for 2 years. If I don't post pics tonight, I definitely will tomorrow.

Babygrowth

I'm using nothing but Carol's Daughter products for the next 3 months, as an experiment.

I've used nothing but totally natural products (Just Natural, MyHoneychild, Karen's Body Beautiful, Camille Rose Naturals) and still got the crazy splits, knots, etc.

I think it was because I changed up my products every week! Being a product junkie can do more harm than good. Don't ask me why I chose Carol's Daughter products as the products I would use in my experiment. I think it was the Monoi line that got me. It just stops the hair from breaking and makes my hair feel, not just look, amazing! Her Cupuacu/Macadamia lines were used for my rollerset.

Next time, send those items my way :drunk:

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I was turned out by the It's a 10 Miracle Leave In in one use, :yep: Also, it has silk amino acids. I've never used the other products.

Babygrowth

I was turned out by the It's a 10 Miracle Leave In in one use, :yep: Also, it has silk amino acids. I've never used the other products.

I was in target and squeezed a little on my hand and it had so much slip and I was at the counter and SO was like "but it has a paraben" I was was like so but then put it back. lol

Here is my hair after taking the rollers out! I'm pleased as punch :grin: Of course, there's always one curl that wants to act up. image-2765841832.jpg

image-3461380850.jpg

Attachments

• image-1719676561.jpg
    image-1719676561.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I sat under the dryer for a little over an hour. I forgot to take a pic with the rollers in.

After removing the rollers:

After combing the curls out:

Pincurled for bed (total of 6 pincurls):

If I go to church tomorrow, I'll take a pic of what it looks like. If I don't go to church, it'll probably be in those same 6 pin curls all week.

That is lovely. Your finger comb has so much body and shine. Nice work!

Great shine and definition! You will have to post pictures as to how the style last throughout the week

Blairx0

I used these new friends of mine to rollerset my hair

carolsdaughter-butter_300.jpg
Carols_Daughter_Macadamia_Heat_Setting_Foam_7_oz__62105.1373417444.386.513.jpg

I bought lottabody and Salerm 21. I hope these are the answer to my high porosity prayers. Just watched a video of a girl doing a rollerset with Salerm so I can't wait to try it!

That Carol's Daughter foam is bomb. I sometimes use it on my daughter's hair and is always so shiny after takedown.

I wish her products would work for my hair. I wanted that foam and the chocolat blow dry cream. I used to like the healthy hair butter but like other products something changed so I'm scared to keep trying stuff. If y'all knew how many times I had to stop myself from ordering on HSN! I was determined to find something in her line to work for me but I have to let it go... this rollersetting challenge will challenge my pjism once I start trying different products to set with and m/s during the week and see what works and what doesn't.

I also got Hairveda whipped gelly because I will eventually do perm rods and curlformers but mostly because I love doing bantu knot-outs.

I'm hennaing my hair today so no roller setting for me. I'm going to be way too exhausted to do a rollerset so I'm just going to put my natural hair in a bun for the week.

I wish her products would work for my hair. I wanted that foam and the chocolat blow dry cream. I used to like the healthy hair butter but like other products something changed so I'm scared to keep trying stuff. If y'all knew how many times I had to stop myself from ordering on HSN! I was determined to find something in her line to work for me but I have to let it go... this rollersetting challenge will challenge my pjism once I start trying different products to set with and m/s during the week and see what works and what doesn't. I also got Hairveda whipped gelly because I will eventually do perm rods and curlformers but mostly because I love doing bantu knot-outs.

Yeah her products are kinda hit and miss. I used to love the macadamia serum for my roller sets but really didn't need it, as my It's a 10 kinda did everything I needed. I've also used the hair balm and I really like that...it's really good on straight hair. I've used the monoi line and it was meh.

My daughter's hair loves all her stuff tho and just eats it up!

All these gorgeous sets!

Foreverinbloom your set is so smooth and shiny. I LOVE it

nakialovesshoes I really like the way you styled your set. I need to learn to style my sets.

Blairx0 I still can't believe you do these great sets without a comb

I was going to set my hair this morning, but then I overslept and I have a class at 1 and I didn't want to be rushed so I'll just stick to my braidout.

Last edited:
I sat under the dryer for a little over an hour. I forgot to take a pic with the rollers in.

After removing the rollers:
View attachment 253655

After combing the curls out:
View attachment 253657

Pincurled for bed (total of 6 pincurls):
View attachment 253659

If I go to church tomorrow, I'll take a pic of what it looks like. If I don't go to church, it'll probably be in those same 6 pin curls all week.

I love the body. And your pincurls look so simple.

My henna'ed hair feels silkier and smoother! I can't wait to see how my rollerset comes out this weekend!

Back