Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

I mixed Purabody Sapote and tea to thin out the Sapote. I moisturized each section with that and put a little hazelnut on the ends. That worked out pretty well. It allowed me to detangle each section easily. I don't have the right mix of rollers but I will make them work. I have more Jumbo than anything and my hair probably needs more medium and X-Large. Hopefully it won't take that long for my hair to grow out.

Still not used to sleeping in rollers but I will tough it out. But my curls come out beautifully and so it makes sleeping in rollers worth it. My hair is soft and moisturized and curly today. It's a little poofier than my original curl former set but my roots are straight.

So having another good hair day.

So do I. Who would have thunk it :lol: I would have never thought that my 4b hair would respond so well to rollersetting. Now I just need some length :yep:

The length will sneak up on you too. Before you know it, your gonna take your rollers down and be like "wowwwwww....that's all me?"

What do you ladies do in the summer? Do you have problems with a set just in really hot temperatures?

Because the temperature is nice and cool now my hair lasts. I'm not sure what it will do in the 90s.

What do you ladies do in the summer? Do you have problems with a set just in really hot temperatures? Because the temperature is nice and cool now my hair lasts. I'm not sure what it will do in the 90s.

I'm wondering the same thing! I live in Texas and it's going to be hot, but honestly I spend most of the hot hours in air conditioning, so I don't think my bun will explode or anything. My workout schedule is usually better in the summer, so I'm worried about sweat more than heat. And just wanting to cool off with washing my hair.

I'm wondering the same thing! I live in Texas and it's going to be hot, but honestly I spend most of the hot hours in air conditioning, so I don't think my bun will explode or anything. My workout schedule is usually better in the summer, so I'm worried about sweat more than heat. And just wanting to cool off with washing my hair.

If my hair was long enough to put up I could work it. But I'm not sure I will have enough growth by the end of May to put my hair up. :ohwell: I will just do what I can for right now and see where my hair is in June.

My wet braidout is less poodle-y today. I slept in 2 loose braids with satin rollers on the ends.

Blairx0 I think I like the rollerset braidout best too, but the other two are soooo much easier. But I will still rollerset. Maybe this weekend or next. I have to finish my taxes first.

Attachments

• image-2006301590.jpg
    image-2006301590.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3576241980.jpg
    image-3576241980.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hey girlies! just coming on here to share an unofficial length check. I seem to be about 2 inches away from BSL. It feels like it's taking forever to get there, but at least some type of progress is being made...

march length check 3.25.14.jpg
I've been APL for about a year now, it's getting old.

I started incorporating scalp massages into my routine this weekend with this nifty little shampoo brush. I honestly really like it. It feels good on my scalp, nice and tingly :) I add brahmi oil to my scalp and massage it using this brush before I apply my prepoo oil. Hopefully I can get quicker growth - I'd like to be BSL by June!
images.jpeg

momi I love Kinky Curly Knot Today! I use it on day 2 & 3 of my rollerset to moisturize my hair.

What do you ladies do in the summer? Do you have problems with a set just in really hot temperatures? Because the temperature is nice and cool now my hair lasts. I'm not sure what it will do in the 90s.

I still set all year round...I just do more updo's like buns and ponytails and rarely wear the set down. My biggest issue comes in sitting under the dryer! When it's tooooo hot for comfort, I'll get some senegalese twists and keep those in anywhere from 8-10 weeks. That usually gets me over the summer hump but also gives me and my hair a nice break from each other.

What do you ladies do in the summer? Do you have problems with a set just in really hot temperatures?

Because the temperature is nice and cool now my hair lasts. I'm not sure what it will do in the 90s.

I set all year around. If I really couldn't stand it I would throw in some curlformers and wear them all day around the house. I have slept in them too without issue.

But last summer the heat didn't get me. I only set once a week, so even if I'm warm it is worth it

[USER said:
Blairx0;19839987[/USER]]I set all year around. If I really couldn't stand it I would throw in some curlformers and wear them all day around the house. I have slept in them too without issue.

But last summer the heat didn't get me. I only set once a week, so even if I'm warm it is worth it

So when you go out are you wearing your hair down? Does it last a day?

So when you go out are you wearing your hair down? Does it last a day?

Chicago isn't humid and I don't sweat too much. So yes. I have some of the climate control gel to try if it ever gets warm here. But I generally bun. However when I've worn it down it lasted just like normal.

But again it isn't humid often.

Chicago isn't humid and I don't sweat too much. So yes. I have some of the climate control gel to try if it ever gets warm here. But I generally bun. However when I've worn it down it lasted just like normal.

But again it isn't humid often.

Thanks. It is very humid here especially June on so I will have to see.

Thanks. It is very humid here especially June on so I will have to see.
I like how two weeks ago you were iffy on rolletsetting weekly and now you are taking about June.

You will figure it out by then and you will back in this thread talking all about it@

Oh the memories!!! This is the only style I used to get at the salon from about the year 2000 up until I stopped getting relaxers at the end of 2011. We used to call them "roller wraps". My hair would probably laugh at this now, but I feel good in knowing I can achieve something similar with a full roller set followed by saran wrap. Matter if fact, it will be my next style since I feel like swinging some straight hair for my baby shower.

http://youtu.be/ISg9PdHZ4T4

coilyhaircutie

Are you still loving the Camille rose gel? I might use my target coupon to purchase it. Can you moisturize your hair over the gel?
toaster Yes, I still really like the Camille Rose Gel! I would say that you have to use a liquid leave-in underneath it though, otherwise it can get streaky/leave residue. When I set, I spritz my hair with Oyin Juices & Berries Mist, detangle, then add my Camille Rose Gel and roll. I can't use knot today under the Camille Rose, because I used to get a really unattractive film on my hair the next day.

Funny you should ask if I can moisturize lol. I just finished moisturizing and sealing my hair! So yes- it is possible :) I do the LOC method- I spritzed my hair with water, then layered that with avocado oil, and finished off with Kinky Curly Knot Today. Then I did pin curls.

It's not a firm hold gel. I like that though, because I think hard gels make my hair break off. I also like the pump on it. It makes it sooo much easier to distribute in my hair! More hair products should come in pumps

Had a doctor's appt so I took down my goddess braids and re-did them. They were looking quite frizzy and my edges looked like I stuck my finger in a socket. So this time, I decided to use gel instead of hick's edge control for my edges. I also used the same gel on the actual braiding hair in hopes to keep frizz to a minimum. I used more hair this time cause I wanted the braids thicker so instead of using half the pack, I used a full pack.

When I got to the doctor's office the nurse complimented my hair and even the doctor was like "my word, this pregnancy is making your hair grow so long"! I wanted to let her know it wasn't real...but I just smiled and said thank you. lol

I'll take these down Tuesday, wash and roller set.

Last edited:
Had a doctor's appt so I took down my goddess braids and re-did them. They were looking quite frizzy and my edges looked like I stuck my finger in a socket. So this time, I decided to use gel instead of hick's edge control for my edges. I also used the same gel on the actual braiding hair in hopes to keep frizz to a minimum. I used more hair this time cause I wanted the braids thicker so instead of using half the pack, I used a full pack.

When I got to the doctor's office the nurse complimented my hair and even the doctor was like "my word, this pregnancy is making your hair grow so long"! I wanted to let her know it wasn't real...but I just smiled and said thank you. lol

I'll take these down Tuesday, wash and roller set.

That's cute

To the ladles who are natural, what tools are you using to comb your hair so that it is smooth onto the roller? I know when I was relaxed I used a really fine toothed rat tail comb, but I'm not sure if using that would be a good idea on natural hair I can imagine it tearing hair out.

Back