Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

Beautiful! And isn't this like the 80th game they've lost?? Okay, maybe like 23rd. Better luck next time!

Quiet! The Sixers are indeed a disgrace , but I always support Philly teams when they come to town. That Jersey love is strong! Secretly I don't even Like basketball just wanted to boo Chicago. Haha that's what i get huh?

Girl, they still look good.

On another note, I bought curlformers!!! The knockoffs though.

I have some knock off curlformers too and could never tell the difference. The only thing I would suggest. Go to sally's and get The real hook. That blue one the send out is the worst. The hook is like 7 bucks

I have some knock off curlformers too and could never tell the difference. The only thing I would suggest. Go to sally's and get The real hook. That blue one the send out is the worst. The hook is like 7 bucks

There is not Sally's near me but I will try. I should have my sister mail me one.

There is not Sally's near me but I will try. I should have my sister mail me one.

Sometimes, you can find the original stick on ebay, but you have to be careful. I got one for $4 that came with the original box. Don't buy it from a seller that sells knockoffs.

Another knob popped off my dryer today after setting my daughter's hair. It's the one that's the timer. (I have the stand up LCL dryer that's comparable to the Pibbs)

The inside of the knob is totally stripped, so I had to use a knife to stick inside the hole that the knob was attached to in order to turn it. I also should mention that the knob on the pole that can adjust the height broke off about 2 years ago, so I have to use my kids computer chair that can adjust up and down when I use my dryer. The heated area still works just fine so I'll continue to use it and maybe go to Home Depot to see if I can find some more knobs that can fit. I may end up ordering another dryer (same one) at the end of the year. I'll just have a new one and use this old one for back up. lol

toaster

you will be WL in no time. Nice hang time in your sets. I am gonna have to get myself together to do a LC. This winter was rough on my hair, so I hope I retained like you

girlonfire

Rolling under would be putting the hair on top of the roller and rotating clockwise to get the roller close to the scalp. Rolling over is putting the hair under the roller and rolling counterclockwise.

I hope that makes sense! I've found that I'm not really paying attention when I roll (distracting myself with YouTube, usually) so I end up rolling some over and some under, just depending on what I think is best for that particular section. There's certainly no method to my sets!

It did make sense, thank you! I think i may join this challenge in 2 weeks. I have to get my schedule together and then my rollers. I only have a maybe 8 of the rollers i posted a pic of so im testing those out next week to see of i want to buy more. What size do you think would work for waist length hair? I really like my knockoff curlformers they just take a minute to put it, like all rollers i suppose. I'll have to look into it's a 10 leave in, since everyone has given it top marks. Also, i live in the south, and i usually don't.have a problem w/ humidity when natural but if my hair is stretched ot straight at all, i can kiss my cute style goodbye! Do you have any methods for saving roller sets from the humidity? Thanks!

toaster you will be WL in no time. Nice hang time in your sets. I am gonna have to get myself together to do a LC. This winter was rough on my hair, so I hope I retained like you

I'm going to wait until a few months after I have the baby to do a LC. The last time I did one, I swore I was already at waist but I think my actual waist line is deceiving and is a little higher because of my pregnancy and the extra weight. So maybe around August or I may just wait until my body is all the way snapped back at the end of the year. lol

It did make sense, thank you! I think i may join this challenge in 2 weeks. I have to get my schedule together and then my rollers. I only have a maybe 8 of the rollers i posted a pic of so im testing those out next week to see of i want to buy more. What size do you think would work for waist length hair? I really like my knockoff curlformers they just take a minute to put it, like all rollers i suppose. I'll have to look into it's a 10 leave in, since everyone has given it top marks. Also, i live in the south, and i usually don't.have a problem w/ humidity when natural but if my hair is stretched ot straight at all, i can kiss my cute style goodbye! Do you have any methods for saving roller sets from the humidity? Thanks!
girlonfire I like the 1 3/4 inch rollers and I'm inbetween MBL & Waist. I do want to move up to 2 inches at full waist though. It really just depends on how you want your set to turn out. The bigger the roller = the straighter the hair.

I'm from the south but currently live on the west coast. When I visit home (if it's spring/summer time) I can still set, however I normally throw it in a bun. At night when it's cooler, I may wear it down a few hours. In fall/winter my sets are the bomb!!! Matter of fact, I usually plan all my trips home in between August and December. Otherwise it's just stoooopid hawt out!!!!

girlonfire I like the 1 3/4 inch rollers and I'm inbetween MBL & Waist. I do want to move up to 2 inches at full waist though. It really just depends on how you want your set to turn out. The bigger the roller = the straighter the hair. I'm from the south but currently live on the west coast. When I visit home (if it's spring/summer time) I can still set, however I normally throw it in a bun. At night when it's cooler, I may wear it down a few hours. In fall/winter my sets are the bomb!!! Matter of fact, I usually plan all my trips home in between August and December. Otherwise it's just stoooopid hawt out!!!!

I use the same size and my hair just comes out straighter. I have the 2" rollers which I will probably use if I'm in a rush at WL but they are a hassle to get under and from under the dryer with.

girlonfire

The other ladies gave you great roller size/humidity advice! I'm using 1 3/8 inch and 1 1/8 inch perm rods currently. I'll probably ride that size out until the end of the year since I like my hair to be kind of bouncy and curly.

I pretty much bun every day, but if I wear my hair out it is a lot bigger by the end of the night. I just moisturize and seal (like I do every night) and put my hair in two twists pinned to my head. In the morning my hair is less big, but not as perfect as it was originally.

I use the same size and my hair just comes out straighter. I have the 2" rollers which I will probably use if I'm in a rush at WL but they are a hassle to get under and from under the dryer with.

Saludable84 Darn it, I hadn't even thought about how the larger rollers would fit under the dryer. I was even hoping to go up to those rare 3 inch rollers blair had mentioned before once I hit hip length. *kicks rocks* lol

Saludable84 Darn it, I hadn't even thought about how the larger rollers would fit under the dryer. I was even hoping to go up to those rare 3 inch rollers blair had mentioned before once I hit hip length. *kicks rocks* lol

Mine 2 and 3 inch rollers fit just fine. I think it depends on the dryer. I have the lcl beauty dryer.

Under the dryer with my perm rod set wondering what to buy from Target with my new coupon. Be sure to check out that thread ladies!

DISCLAIMER: So had happened was, I took pictures of my curlformer set and I tried to use MMS but it just kept sending, so I contacted support and I ended up doing a factory reset and lost everything on my phone. But it was a new phone so it wasn't that much. So yeah, I don't have any pictures of my curlformer set.

But my curlformer set came out very nice. I let it cool, sealed with NO balm an then put it on a combination of satin rollers and perm rods.

SideNote: Those dang satin rollers are cheap and 50% of my perm rods committed suicide and the bands popped off while I was under the dryer :tantrum:

Anyway, I left them rollers in until after I dressed for my event. I had really good hold and nice curls. Then we drove 3 hours with the windows open :look: but it held up. Then the venu was toasty and I ended up sweating until I had a sweat mustache. Then I started line dancing. Then drove another 2 hours back home and my hair was still holding it on.

I was beat by the time I got home, so I put a bonnet on and went to bed. Today my hair is still holding it on. It's still soft. So I'm doing a S&D. I will moisturize and then put roll it back up with the satin rollers.

If I can keep it moisturized this week I will be switching over to weekly rollersets.

Um, but I need to get some better rollers. This funky brand I have now is not going to work. :nono:

DISCLAIMER: So had happened was, I took pictures of my curlformer set and I tried to use MMS but it just kept sending, so I contacted support and I ended up doing a factory reset and lost everything on my phone. But it was a new phone so it wasn't that much. So yeah, I don't have any pictures of my curlformer set. But my curlformer set came out very nice. I let it cool, sealed with NO balm an then put it on a combination of satin rollers and perm rods. SideNote: Those dang satin rollers are cheap and 50% of my perm rods committed suicide and the bands popped off while I was under the dryer :tantrum: Anyway, I left them rollers in until after I dressed for my event. I had really good hold and nice curls. Then we drove 3 hours with the windows open :look: but it held up. Then the venu was toasty and I ended up sweating until I had a sweat mustache. Then I started line dancing. Then drove another 2 hours back home and my hair was still holding it on. I was beat by the time I got home, so I put a bonnet on and went to bed. Today my hair is still holding it on. It's still soft. So I'm doing a S&D. I will moisturize and then put roll it back up with the satin rollers. If I can keep it moisturized this week I will be switching over to weekly rollersets. Um, but I need to get some better rollers. This funky brand I have now is not going to work. :nono:

faithVA Sounds like you had a lot of fun!!!! :)

faithVA where did you get your perm rods? I would be so scared if the rubber band just popped off while I was under the dryer. Now take my suggestion with a grain of salt as I cut the bands off immediately, but my rods from Sally's were pretty cost effective (maybe 2 packs of 6 larger rods for $6 total?).

Ladies with Pibbs/LCL dryers: What heat setting (I refuse to believe that it's degrees Fahrenheit because I use 50 and it's HOT) do you use and how long do you sit under the dryer?

I think I'm underestimating how good my dryer is, and sitting under the dryer for an excessive amount of time, but I'm too scared to unroll and check it out.

Ladies with Pibbs/LCL dryers: What heat setting (I refuse to believe that it's degrees Fahrenheit because I use 50 and it's HOT) do you use and how long do you sit under the dryer? I think I'm underestimating how good my dryer is, and sitting under the dryer for an excessive amount of time, but I'm too scared to unroll and check it out.

Mine is on the highest setting. I have no idea of the temp. I use to think it was in Celsius but that might be excessive.

Under the dryer with my perm rod set wondering what to buy from Target with my new coupon. Be sure to check out that thread ladies!

I saw that but I can't think of anything I need other than some scarves and I'd rather get those from Sally's. I gave away a few products to my daughter's best friend that were non-staples except one conditioner by Hairveda that I'm working on. Now that I'm pre-pooing with conditioner, I'm hoping to catch a Shea Moisture BOGO free sale. I used to love their purification masque and their restorative conditioner. I want to pick up those 2 next but I gotta get through this dang salon sized conditioner first. lol

Ladies with Pibbs/LCL dryers: What heat setting (I refuse to believe that it's degrees Fahrenheit because I use 50 and it's HOT) do you use and how long do you sit under the dryer? I think I'm underestimating how good my dryer is, and sitting under the dryer for an excessive amount of time, but I'm too scared to unroll and check it out.

Same as Saludable. I use the highest setting as well which is 176 and my set is normally dry in 45 minutes, but I usually sit under until the timer pops off at an hour.

Saludable84

OMG that's hot! But even if it's not hot I can't believe you can stand to sit under it at 75! I'm burning up at 50. I remember I tried 60 the first time I got it and thought I was burning. I need to step it up a notch.

Back