Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

Aw thank you Blairx0! I'm actually starting to like permrods more than my curlformers precisely for the body! But nothing gives me great curl definition and stretch like curlformers.

For perm rod sets, the trick is to start on hair that is 60-80% dry. That way, my hair dries by morning time (I sleep in my rollers). After coming out the shower, I put my hair in a turbie twist, and go about getting dressed etc as usual. I do errands or whatever until my hair is only slightly damp, and then I begin to set. I use Oyin's Juices & Berries spray as my leave-in and Camille Rose Curl-Maker as my setting lotion. Hope this helps if you decide to give it a go again! :)

Thanks GettingKinky! I didn't know either, until I came across them at Sally's last month. They had a 2 packs for $5 sale in February, and I bought sooo many black, green & brown jumbo rollers lol

coilyhaircutie I didn't know perm rods came that large. Your set looks great!

I was shocked too. They are easier to deal with than the magnetic ones. I'm thinking about getting rid of my magnetic ones and get the bigger perm rods. But I was thinking would it get real close to the scalp. I saw a video on YouTube where the girl got really close but if I'm not mistaken she rolled them a certain way GettingKinky

I was shocked too. They are easier to deal with than the magnetic ones. I'm thinking about getting rid of my magnetic ones and get the bigger perm rods. But I was thinking would it get real close to the scalp. I saw a video on YouTube where the girl got really close but if I'm not mistaken she rolled them a certain way GettingKinky

Have you seen napptural85's recent perm rod video??? She rolls them differently as well. She started out on previously stretched hair & OMG her results were gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

"Any March setting/hair goals?" lulu97 - I think this is a great question and even though it isn't the 1st I wanted to answer.My March goals are:

My goals for march
1. Practice at least 1 perm rod set.
2. Try a flexi rod set with larger sections of hair
3. Improve my pin curling maintenance regimen.
4. Go through my stash and find a proper moisturizer for my set maintenance.

I rescued my set :-) Last night I combed out my hair with a wide and then a med tooth comb. I moisturized with DB daily leave in. Then I put my hair in 4 ponytails in quadrants (attempt to straighten roots). Then I put 3-4 satin foam rollers 7/8" on each ponytail. My workout this morning wasn't too strenuous so I didn't sweat a lot plus I'm only 3 weeks post so my roots are fairly well behaved.

Attachments

• image-1139274584.jpg
    image-1139274584.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image-1334851739.jpg
    image-1334851739.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I am loving my hair today!! I feel so vain but every time I walk by a mirror I stop to play in it. I think the fact that it looks shoulder length is why I like it so much. All those shrunken curls make it look so thick.

I am loving my hair today!! I feel so vain but every time I walk by a mirror I stop to play in it. I think the fact that it looks shoulder length is why I like it so much. All those shrunken curls make it look so thick.

GettingKinky Girl you and me both. lol Today makes the 2nd time I've worn my hair down since I washed it a week ago and Honey I was feeling it. It's been in a low bantu bun since Sunday night so when I took it down today, it had nice loose waves. Hubby and I was in Macy's earlier and I was riding up the escalator staring at my reflection on the mirrored glass. I was like dang my hair is bomb today. I got off that escalator like a dang baywatch model...swanging and flipping like a fool :)

I rescued my set :-) Last night I combed out my hair with a wide and then a med tooth comb. I moisturized with DB daily leave in. Then I put my hair in 4 ponytails in quadrants (attempt to straighten roots). Then I put 3-4 satin foam rollers 7/8" on each ponytail. My workout this morning wasn't too strenuous so I didn't sweat a lot plus I'm only 3 weeks post so my roots are fairly well behaved.

GettingKinky I'm sooooo jealous if you right now.

GettingKinky Girl you and me both. lol Today makes the 2nd time I've worn my hair down since I washed it a week ago and Honey I was feeling it. It's been in a low bantu bun since Sunday night so when I took it down today, it had nice loose waves. Hubby and I was in Macy's earlier and I was riding up the escalator staring at my reflection on the mirrored glass. I was like dang my hair is bomb today. I got off that escalator like a dang baywatch model...swanging and flipping like a fool :)

Where are the pictures lulu97???

GettingKinky Thanks Doll!!! I put the prepoo in last night and slept with it... If I say I finished at 5 this afternoon that sounds crazy but while doing hair I was taking care of my 9 month old and 3 year old sooo maybe 3.5 hours total, not including sleeping with the prepoo lulu97 Babygrowth Thanks Dolls

Eta GettingKinky omg you curls!!! Love them!!!!

Last edited:
Girls! I am so excited. I did pin curls to preserve my permrod set for the first time last night, and I looove the results that they gave my hair! But enough talk, pics:

DSCF2479.jpg
upclose pincurls.jpg
pincurls flash.jpg
pincurls no flash.jpg

I didn't pincurl every individual curl; I lumped 2 and 3 sections together to make it easier on myself. I made individual pincurls in the front. I used KCKT. I'm going to do it again tonight. So glad I found an alternative to just throwing on my bonnet or pineappling! My hair is in lovely, moisturized waves.

I'mma have to try pincurling next time coilyhaircutie That came out great. lulu97 Pretty milkmaid braid. Aw, you don't show your pretty face anymore. :(

Froreal3 Thanks Lady!

I don't remember who but somebody posted a thread a few months ago about a blog created just to bash LHCF ladies. I was like nah son...I aint down with that foolishness. Too many lurkers and crazo's out there. That's why I could never do youtube or even a blog...I'm good. lol

coilyhaircutie I'm glad you found a way to preserve your curls. It came out really well.

I've never used serum on my hair except when it's wet, but I'm going to try tonight to see if I can have smoother shinier curls tomorrow. If it turns out to be a greasy looking mess, I'll be bunning it.

My bonelaxed ends hold a curl so much better than my texlaxed hair, and they never get frizzy. Almost makes me want to go back to bonelaxing.

Last edited:
Now I remember why I don't use setting lotion. My hair feels soooo gross. Can't wait to shampoo later today.

My bonelaxed ends hold a curl so much better than my texlaxed hair, and they never get frizzy. Almost makes me want to go back to bonelaxing.

Weren't you just threatening to cut them off. I can't keep up. Either way don't change your hair...I like it too much!

Back