Setting to Success 2014 Challenge

I used a wide tooth comb and a medium tooth comb first, but I still don't like how much hair I lost with the fine tooth comb.

I may break down and buy the Pibbs dryer but I'm not sure where I will store it. Where do you ladies keep yours?

I just keep mine standing in my room. It really doesn't take up a ton of space anyway.

I used a wide tooth comb and a medium tooth comb first, but I still don't like how much hair I lost with the fine tooth comb. I may break down and buy the Pibbs dryer but I'm not sure where I will store it. Where do you ladies keep yours?

I have a home office so I have it side-by-side with my pro steamer. It's my designated steam and dry area so it stays out at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I used a wide tooth comb and a medium tooth comb first, but I still don't like how much hair I lost with the fine tooth comb. I may break down and buy the Pibbs dryer but I'm not sure where I will store it. Where do you ladies keep yours?

What are you using as a leave in? I use a small tooth comb for my sets and I promise you there are never more than 5 hairs in the comb. I know that is all due to my leave in (It's a 10) being SUPER slippery and just melting any tangles away.

I store my dryer in the garage and just roll it out when I'm ready to use it. Same with my steamer.

What are you using as a leave in? I use a small tooth comb for my sets and I promise you there are never more than 5 hairs in the comb. I know that is all due to my leave in (It's a 10) being SUPER slippery and just melting any tangles away.

I store my dryer in the garage and just roll it out when I'm ready to use it. Same with my steamer.

i'm going to try its a ten one day, its just pricey for a little bottle

When I roller set I only use chi silk infusion and LottaBody because I don't want to weigh my hair down, but maybe I need something with more slip.

i'm going to try its a ten one day, its just pricey for a little bottle

It's pricey but I justify it by telling myself that no other leave in can beat it's performance. Plus you only need small amount...when I roller set I divide my hair in 5 sections and only use 2-3 pumps per section. So one bottle can last me around 8 months. I buy it once a year when Target has their BOGO free salon product sale so in a sense I get 2 for the price of one.

When I roller set I only use chi silk infusion and LottaBody because I don't want to weigh my hair down, but maybe I need something with more slip.

Yes in roller setting, slip makes the difference. You lose less hair and the entire set and roots comes out smoother. I'm not a product pusher but if I was Oprah I would buy a bottle of that stuff for every woman in the world. tee hee hee

Yes in roller setting, slip makes the difference. You lose less hair and the entire set and roots comes out smoother. I'm not a product pusher but if I was Oprah I would buy a bottle of that stuff for every woman in the world. tee hee hee

Hmmm. Maybe I can try using more Chi Silk Infusion to get better slip. I have a huge bottle and it was pricey and I only use it for roller setting. I would hate for it to go to waste.

Hmmm. Maybe I can try using more Chi Silk Infusion to get better slip. I have a huge bottle and it was pricey and I only use it for roller setting. I would hate for it to go to waste.

Chi works really well. Especially for textured hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I pineappled my hair overnight and during my workout this morning. I gently combed with a wide tooth comb (I've always been afraid this would ruin my curls) but I like the results. I think my curls would be a little smoother today if I had used my satin rollers last night but its good enough.

Attachments

• image-2385375028.jpg
    image-2385375028.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 47
It's pricey but I justify it by telling myself that no other leave in can beat it's performance. Plus you only need small amount...when I roller set I divide my hair in 5 sections and only use 2-3 pumps per section. So one bottle can last me around 8 months. I buy it once a year when Target has their BOGO free salon product sale so in a sense I get 2 for the price of one.

lulu97 I have it's a 10 , I like it, it does detangle well, I feel like I have to use a lot though
You know what's strange? I loved the sally knockoff of it better! :lol:

lulu97 have you tried any of the other It's a 10 products? I was in Ulta today and decided to purchase their miracle daily conditioner and hair mask. I ordered the Carol's Daughter Chocolate blow dry cream and monoi heat foaming product, so I didn't purchase the leave in, but I'm curious about it.

I don't usually use silicones, but I want to protect my hair from the indirect heat of the Pibbs and see if they help with reversion of my sets.

wow everyone's sets look so lovely! I rollerset with the orange and pink curlformers last Wednesday night (1/16) and that set lasted only one day! I was so upset. I feel like I can't find the right products to make my curls last, and it's getting expensive having to constantly buy and try new products. On Wednesday I used Kinky Curly Knot Today as my leave-in and Lottabody to set (1 part Lottabody, 4 parts water). The Curlformer set before that, I used the Kinky Curly Curling Custard (gel) to set and that didn't give my hair a good hold either. Maybe I needed to use more gel? Getting kind of frustrated...

On the plus side, at least Curlformers give me stretched-out hair=better twist-outs...just wish I could have my curls a little longer before they start looking like frizzy dreads :P

lulu97 I have it's a 10 , I like it, it does detangle well, I feel like I have to use a lot though
You know what's strange? I loved the sally knockoff of it better! :lol:

sharifeh lol When I first started using it a few years ago, I used a lot too. Then I started paying more attention to the amount my hair stylist was using on me and I noticed she was using like half the amount I was. So I followed suit.

lulu97 have you tried any of the other It's a 10 products? I was in Ulta today and decided to purchase their miracle daily conditioner and hair mask. I ordered the Carol's Daughter Chocolate blow dry cream and monoi heat foaming product, so I didn't purchase the leave in, but I'm curious about it.

I don't usually use silicones, but I want to protect my hair from the indirect heat of the Pibbs and see if they help with reversion of my sets.

toaster I've never tried any other products from their line. I get samples of the hair mask all the time attached around the neck of the leave in but I always throw them away. I've never been interested to try it since I already had a staple mask. lol

I killed my curls :-(

Before I went to bed I combed my hair with a wide tooth comb put it in a pony on top of my head and put in 7 curlformers (1 1/4"). Today my hair is mostly straight and in a bun. Sigh... I will never comb my curls again, but I'm going to try and revive them tonight with my small satin rollers 5/8". The curlformers may just have been too big to get good curls.

ETA since my curls are dead I'm just wearing a tucked under ponytail/bun.

Attachments

• image-187938632.jpg
    image-187938632.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I took a page from lulu97 's book and tried 2 bantu knots. It actually worked, I've never had bantu knots work before.

Attachments

• image-934319434.jpg
    image-934319434.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-824485623.jpg
    image-824485623.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 72
I took a page from lulu97 's book and tried 2 bantu knots. It actually worked, I've never had bantu knots work before.

Yesssss! Work it Girl! Bantu knots are the jelly to my roller set's peanut butter. They both are tasty alone...but together....HEAVEN!!! ok ok ok I'm pregnant so I compare everything with food. lol

My plans for tonight include steaming with Its a 10 DC, rinsing, and doing a curlformers set with Its a 10 leave in (my cvs didn't have it but Walgreens did) and lottabody diluted with water. Hoping to have a shiny set to separate in the morning for my pictures.

I'll keep you all updated.

Fresh roller set!
I did a few new things:
1) Tried the mohawk method
2) Let the rollers cool for 1 hour after coming from under the dryer before removing them.
Small tweaks for big results. Loved how my set turned out. I really had no need to stretch my roots with the bantu knots cause they were already pretty straight...but I'm a creature of habit so I did anyway. Including a pic of that for GettingKinky who was asking about the placement of my bantu knots after I set.

Last edited:
Fresh roller set!
I did a few new things:
1) Tried the mohawk method
2) Let the rollers cool for 1 hour after coming from under the dryer before removing them.
Small tweaks for big results. Loved how my set turned out. I really had no need to stretch my roots with the bantu knots cause they were already pretty straight...but I'm a creature of habit so I did anyway. Including a pic of that for GettingKinky who was asking about the placement of my bantu knots after I set.

Pretty!!! Your waist is small to be preggers!

Pretty!!! Your waist is small to be preggers!
Thanks Love! Now help me pray that it will stay that way. lol I've gained about 12 pounds and I'm 6 months preggers...my waist did get a few of those pounds but the bulk of it is my tummy and all up and through my thighs.:look:

Last edited:
Back