September 16,17,18 2011....What are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans?

LOL @ all the henna-heads.

*EMBARRASSING PJ MOMENT ALERT*

So, I finished my overnight henna with Karishma. This morning I filled the tub and dunked my head CN style to get most of it out, then I rinsed with the shower head to get the rest. I mixed up my indigo and applied to my hair, then shower-capped it. When it came time to rinse out the indigo I grabbed my trusty suave coconut conditioner to aid in the rinse (on sale this week for 60 cents!!!!). I began slathering it on, as I was doing so it started to have a reaction with the indigo....it started foaming up, I mean REALLY FOAMING!

What the heck? I started rinsing it out immediately and my hair felt so tangled. Once I rinsed it all out I picked up the bottle and took a look at it...........SHAM-FREAKING-POO!!! I put freaking SLS shampoo all over my dayum head right after a henna treatment :nono:

Here's the best part: I had already pre mixed up my moisturizing dc treatment before I started to rinse my hair out. I mixed safflower oil, grapeseed oil, a crap-load of honey, and...wait for it....yes, freaking suave coconut shampoo :perplexed

Moral of the story- when your pj self gets all hyped because your favorite cheapie conditioner is on sale make sure you look at the bottles before you dump them in your cart :rofl:

Just finished self relaxing at 12 wks! Man what a job! I'm now under my pibbs with a rollerset! Dang I am glad to be done.

Sulfate-free poo
DC with AOHSR/EVOO overnight
Rinse with Tresemme Natutals
Oil scalp with peppermint/tea tree/EVOO
Moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave-in/EVOO
Airdry with curlformers or slick donut bun

Well i'm in a PS right now (Weave with a closure by our very own donstspeakdefeat ) Loving my hair so I'm planning washing/conditioning my hair and weave and roller setting! Can't wait to see how it turns out :-)

I've been in braids since July and I've been wearing this new set for 2 weeks but I'm having feelings of taking them out tonight because I miss my hair ;-( But, between working crazy hours, crazy Tx weather, and trying to get fit 'n fine I know when I take them out, I'll want them back in. Idk!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Got twists this week, and now will by some rosewater and glycerin for my braid spray.

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Yesterday, my hair was flat-ironed straight. It had been that way since Labor Day. I got tired and bored with it. Plus, it was starting to look thin.

So today, I washed, conditioned, and blowdried my natural hair. No flat iron. Right now, it is in 4 braids with gray flexirods on the ends. I'm hoping to have big, soft, fluffy hair tomorrow.

I washed it last night and braided it up, now I am wearing a braid out. I plan on rebraiding every two days until next weekend.

Henna, DC, and Bun... If I'm not feeling too under the weather... Catching a cold :-(.

Quick question: what do you ladies think about braiding up your hair as a PS style through the cold weather? I would braid my hair up in Nov., take down for 3 weeks in Dec., braid up again in Jan.. off and on thru April. Good idea or no?

I just finished taking out my braids with 37 minutes left to spare. To be continued...goodnight :lachen:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but divachyk I love ya hair in ya profile pic. How did you do that if you don't mind sharing? I don't have enough hair for that yet, but ya hair looks so elegant and pretty in that pic.

If it wasn't for the fact i felt a little poorly yesterday I would have finished my henna indigo treatment yesterday...but as it goes, I'm still under my DC on monday morning. It's a good thing I work from home, lol.

I'll be rinsing out today and will start twisting up tonight after work.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but @divachyk I love ya hair in ya profile pic. How did you do that if you don't mind sharing? I don't have enough hair for that yet, but ya hair looks so elegant and pretty in that pic.
An_gell - thank you! (Two Part Bun) -- I grabbed some hair and used a good days hair pin to make a bump it type look at the top and bunned at the base with the rest of the hair.

@An_gell - thank you! (Two Part Bun) -- I grabbed some hair and used a good days hair pin to make a bump it type look at the top and bunned at the base with the rest of the hair.

Thank you! I just noticed you had a blog so I went on your blog thank you for sharing all your bun techniques and stuff ya hair is gorgeous. I'm lookin for the U clips and oblong banana clips on ebay now. :-)

Back