Roller Setting Challenge for 2010???

awwww, i haven't been rollersetting faithfully either, hey as long as we do it sometimes shhhhh I didn't say that :lachen:

does your hair normally shed like this? shedding sucks big time hair sometimes really has a bad attitude. maybe the alter ego garlic will help :yep: or straight up fresh garlic oil.

I didn't roller set this week. I did a braid out. I am totally hating my hair right now... I see hair everywhere(bathroom,floor,broom,mop) EVERYWHERE!!!

awwww, i haven't been rollersetting faithfully either, hey as long as we do it sometimes shhhhh I didn't say that :lachen:

does your hair normally shed like this? shedding sucks big time hair sometimes really has a bad attitude. maybe the alter ego garlic will help :yep: or straight up fresh garlic oil.

I have been rollersetting but i wanted a new look this week... I don't normally shed a lot so is quite annoying. I think my hair is hating this rough winter.

I am going to buy "Baba de caracol" hair line. Is a dominican hair line for hair loss to see if it stops. I don't think is shedding more than the 100 hairs a day during wash day tho. during the week is pretty standard no biggie.

Wish me luck girl!

I have been rollersetting but i wanted a new look this week... I don't normally shed a lot so is quite annoying. I think my hair is hating this rough winter.

I am going to buy "Baba de caracol" hair line. Is a dominican hair line for hair loss to see if it stops. I don't think is shedding more than the 100 hairs a day during wash day tho. during the week is pretty standard no biggie.

Wish me luck girl!

Hi Gissell - I recently started using the Baba De Caracol Hair Loss Treatment and I like it so far...it is applied to wet hair before shampooing and I have been using it with my steamer. I have not had any shedding issues but I just have a few strands when I wash and condition - hair feels strong/soft...

You will be fine friend - u think with the seasons about to change - that it may have something to do with it?

Hi Gissell - I recently started using the Baba De Caracol Hair Loss Treatment and I like it so far...it is applied to wet hair before shampooing and I have been using it with my steamer. I have not had any shedding issues but I just have a few strands when I wash and condition - hair feels strong/soft...

You will be fine friend - u think with the seasons about to change - that it may have something to do with it?

OMG thanks...I am going to buy it today and wash Tuesday. It is the season. Can't wait for spring!

Should i get the leave in and the rinse? or just the shampoo and deep conditioner?

Rollersetting gurus!! I have a question about the placement of the clips so that they stay on the roller tightly and don't roll all around and have hair falling out of them. This is what gives me the most trouble when rollersetting. Do you put the clip on the roller only or do you anchor it on the scalp at the base of the curler?

I use the double prong slide in clips. I use the anchor method (got this from a Youtube video). I part my hair into a mohawk. The first roller is put in at the crown of my head. I secure this roller with a clip on the bottom of both sides to my hair. Every other roller I use is anchored to this roller: meaning no more clipping the bottom. I clip the rollers on the sides to eachother. This works well and I haven't had any problems keeping the clips in. You just have to make sure your rollers are not spaced too far away from eachother. Does this make sense?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I'm taking a pass on roller setting this week. I just don't feel like dealing with my 12 week post relaxer hair right now. Plus, I ordered a seamless rattail comb and detangling rake from hairsense.com and I want to wait for them to arrive before I do another rollerset. Hopefully the combs will make a difference in how much hair I lose while rollersetting. It seems like there are hairs everywhere when I rollerset. NTM Silk Touch Leave In helped decrease my hair loss. Hopefully the combs will too!

I use the double prong slide in clips. I use the anchor method (got this from a Youtube video). I part my hair into a mohawk. The first roller is put in at the crown of my head. I secure this roller with a clip on the bottom of both sides to my hair. Every other roller I use is anchored to this roller: meaning no more clipping the bottom. I clip the rollers on the sides to eachother. This works well and I haven't had any problems keeping the clips in. You just have to make sure your rollers are not spaced too far away from eachother. Does this make sense?

Yes!! This helps alot!! So basically this is the only roller that is clipped to the hair while the others are clipped to each other on the side!! I will definitely try this!!

it'll stop you know sometimes hair has it's moments. that line should be good, I was on all the domincan products but just hate some use mineral oil, mineral oil makes my hair oily.

Wish me luck girl!

let us know how the combs work when you use them.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I'm taking a pass on roller setting this week. I just don't feel like dealing with my 12 week post relaxer hair right now. Plus, I ordered a seamless rattail comb and detangling rake from hairsense.com and I want to wait for them to arrive before I do another rollerset. Hopefully the combs will make a difference in how much hair I lose while rollersetting. It seems like there are hairs everywhere when I rollerset. NTM Silk Touch Leave In helped decrease my hair loss. Hopefully the combs will too!

OMG thanks...I am going to buy it today and wash Tuesday. It is the season. Can't wait for spring!

Should i get the leave in and the rinse? or just the shampoo and deep conditioner?

I only have the Hair Loss Treatment...once I use up some stuff I will buy the Baba De Caracol Intensive Treatment

if you have time what are the ingredients?

Yes!! This helps alot!! So basically this is the only roller that is clipped to the hair while the others are clipped to each other on the side!! I will definitely try this!!

I found the YouTube tutorial on the anchor method, but I can't post the link because I'm typing on my phone. Do a search for Buildable Beauty's "Lady Elle's Roller Set".

I have slacked off rollersetting for the past 2wks. I have been air drying and braiding my hair down under my wigs instead of wrapping like I usually do. I may try to start doing the ponytail rollerset method so I wont have to spend alot of time and I am just wrapping it under a wig anyway. I must say that rollersetting has made my hair look alot thicker:grin:

^^ rollersetting really is better than blowdrying the hair from when it's wet, I was always like heat is heat, but the indirect heat is soooo much better, i've been working out alot so I started to do the rollersets for the weekends for now, when I relax again i'll go back to 2-3x's. i'm doing like you washing and leaving it like that we have time for this challenge.

we have our 3 month check in coming up end of March, i'll send everyone a pm so we can post pics and or if our hair has become healthier in these 3 months.

so what's the census on the ceramic magnetic rollers? is it worth the buy? i'm hoping they decrease drying time

we have our 3 month check in coming up end of March, i'll send everyone a pm so we can post pics and or if our hair has become healthier in these 3 months.

I can't wait to see the first set of pics!! I hope I've achieved some thickness. I'm sure my length will be non existant as I will be 14 weeks post then. It already looks like I got a cut!

Rollersetting gurus!! I have a question about the placement of the clips so that they stay on the roller tightly and don't roll all around and have hair falling out of them. This is what gives me the most trouble when rollersetting. Do you put the clip on the roller only or do you anchor it on the scalp at the base of the curler?

Achor the clip between your scalp and the roller...sit the clip close to the roots

So I tried the Baba de caracol shampoo and treatment today. and I lost less than half of what i lost saturday in the shower.

I will continue to use it..

I did a rollerset today and it turned out so nice! I washed and conditioned with Aveda Damage Remedy, I apply Roux Porosity Control and rinsed, for a leave I put Lacio Lacio. I had a spray bottle for rewetting filled with mostly water, a little Lacio Lacio and a drop of Chi Silk Infusion. I place a little QB AOHC on my ends before rolling.

When I removed the rollers my hair was soft, shiny and perfectly curled :). I hope this lasts until Saturday! I'm getting better at roller setting each time!

I know my hair has made a 360 change since I put the blowdryer down and my thyroid meds guess my thyroid is regulated.

Just don't know how my heat tolerance will be for setting in the summer, guess i'll have to get a floor fan.

I can't wait to see the first set of pics!! I hope I've achieved some thickness. I'm sure my length will be non existant as I will be 14 weeks post then. It already looks like I got a cut!

I did a rollerset today and it turned out so nice! I washed and conditioned with Aveda Damage Remedy, I apply Roux Porosity Control and rinsed, for a leave I put Lacio Lacio. I had a spray bottle for rewetting filled with mostly water, a little Lacio Lacio and a drop of Chi Silk Infusion. I place a little QB AOHC on my ends before rolling.

When I removed the rollers my hair was soft, shiny and perfectly curled :). I hope this lasts until Saturday! I'm getting better at roller setting each time!

Aveda DR is such a good treatment - I adore it! :yep:

I think I have now finally found the perfect rollersetting routine for my hair; condition with L'Occitane Shine Mask, follow up with Pureology leave in and then a few spritz of Biolage Fortifying Spray. When the hair is dry I just smooth some Aveda Finishing Emollient Gloss through the lengths for shine and my curls are looking shiny and bouncy. To maintain through the week I just use flexi rods.

I :love: rollersetting! I am so glad I learned how to do it, it's been so good for my hair!!!!

I know my hair has made a 360 change since I put the blowdryer down and my thyroid meds guess my thyroid is regulated.

Just don't know how my heat tolerance will be for setting in the summer, guess i'll have to get a floor fan.

Yes I think I might have to get a floor fan too, I suffered at times last year but I battled through it. It's harder work to rollerset but the positives outweigh the negatives imo!

Sorry y'all I have been slacking majorly in the roller set dept. :wallbash:

I started this no heat at all for a couple of weeks after I took out my briads (to get it ready for heat) and it turned into almost 3 months. However, I will be roller setting this weekend to practice for next weekend for an event. I'll post pictures if it doesn't look too terrible. :lachen:

Can I join too? A little late I know :perplexed

-I'm going to use homemade brown paper bag rollers. :lachen:
-Blowdry on cool air ONLY
-Flat iron...maybe once or twice a month :wallbash:
-Fantasia IC moisturizer w/aloe
-Seal w/ coconut oil :lick:
-satin bonnet/scarf at night :sleep2:

As for the pics...it might be a minute because I'm a...
:newbie:
lol

And here's a link to the old paper bag rollers method...looks pretty nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqJxavTUHY :yep:

the challenge is open til Oct 2010, you can do the challenge for the full yr or for 3 months or whatever time frame you want to commit.

so will you be doing the paper bag rollers on wet hair?
the challenge has to be done on wet hair or semi wet airdried hair.

thx

Can I join too? A little late I know :perplexed

-I'm going to use homemade brown paper bag rollers. :lachen:
-Blowdry on cool air ONLY
-Flat iron...maybe once or twice a month :wallbash:
-Fantasia IC moisturizer w/aloe
-Seal w/ coconut oil :lick:
-satin bonnet/scarf at night :sleep2:

As for the pics...it might be a minute because I'm a...
:newbie:
lol

And here's a link to the old paper bag rollers method...looks pretty nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqJxavTUHY :yep:

Back