Roller Setting Challenge for 2010???

I haven't used Lotta Body in awhile...just wanted to say that I saw this product the other day in the olive oil formula....had no idea this existed.

Glad that Lottobody worked for you. I think I put in too much. My hair turned out really dry but then again, I'm 12 weeks post. Not a good combo.

I always use 1 part Lottabody and 3 1/2 parts water (more than the directions) - it helps out with my tangles too...

I haven't used Lotta Body in awhile...just wanted to say that I saw this product the other day in the olive oil formula....had no idea this existed.

I just saw this yesterday ....it was green - okay Questionable - you got dibs - u gotta try it first :lachen:

I bought some snap on magnetics 2 inches yesterday. I want to try it out.

And I have great news guys; after seeing me roller set so much lately my mom wants to me to set me and my aunts hair at home and she'll pay me what she pays the dominican hairdressers! :) I told her we need a hard hat dryer and she agreed to buy one. I'm gonna get one from sally's. any recs??

I bought some snap on magnetics 2 inches yesterday. I want to try it out.

And I have great news guys; after seeing me roller set so much lately my mom wants to me to set me and my aunts hair at home and she'll pay me what she pays the dominican hairdressers! :) I told her we need a hard hat dryer and she agreed to buy one. I'm gonna get one from sally's. any recs??

The selection is fairly limited...you should be okay with anyone of the Gold-n-Hot dryers hard bonnet dryers...

I read in another thread that the poster chills the water that she uses in her spray bottle for her rollersets. She stated that by doing this technique it leaves her hair with a glassy shine.

I said that, to ask..if any of you ladies tried this technique before and if so, were you pleased w/ the results?

I was thinking about chilling my leave-in mixture in the fridge. I normally combine a mixture of: Infusium 23, Salerm 21, couple drops of EVOO and distilled water. I wonder if this would work....

Questionable, I've never tried it, but it sounds sort of like doing a cool rinse after you DC...I thinks it helps to close the cuticles and makes the hair appear shinier. Let us know how it works out if you try it.

I just set my hair, I'm drying it now Setting is so hard, my arm kills me!!
This time I set right out of the shower in the bathroom instead of going to my room, chilling on LHCF and then starting when my hair is like dried and I have to re wet it with the spray bottle etc etc...
I wish that I had put on a shirt before setting though, because I can't get a shirt on easily with rollers :look:

I have a question for you guys, how do you guys do your leave ins etc...
are you guys applying a moisturizing leave in/oils before you use your setting lotions/serums
because right now all i use is my miracle 7 in 1 and my argan oil serum from sally's should I moisturize when my hair is wet first?
also do you guys apply your leave ins/serums once and the set, or do you apply to each section as you set?
thanks!

I just set my hair, I'm drying it now Setting is so hard, my arm kills me!!
This time I set right out of the shower in the bathroom instead of going to my room, chilling on LHCF and then starting when my hair is like dried and I have to re wet it with the spray bottle etc etc...
I wish that I had put on a shirt before setting though, because I can't get a shirt on easily with rollers :look:

I have a question for you guys, how do you guys do your leave ins etc...
are you guys applying a moisturizing leave in/oils before you use your setting lotions/serums
because right now all i use is my miracle 7 in 1 and my argan oil serum from sally's should I moisturize when my hair is wet first?
also do you guys apply your leave ins/serums once and the set, or do you apply to each section as you set?
thanks!

Yeah your hair should be wet before attempting to roll your hair otherwise the outcome won't be great. :nono:

I always apply my leave in first, then any serum or oil after because effectively that's my 'sealant.' I apply my products to my whole head as evenly as possible then I section off into three parts (the same parts that I will apply the rollers to) then I detangle each section then add the rollers.

I am doing a rollerset/ silk wrap today. I tried to use the magnetics with clips again before I buy the large snap-ons, I did a better job smoothing the hair on the roller this time because I made sure my hair stayed wet but the sides still gave me a little trouble. I tried to roll up on the sides but it was hard for me to place the clip to stay so I rolled down.

I separate my hair into four sections (that's how many I roll with), clip up the other three, and start with the one in the back. I spray it with water until it's soaking wet, and then I apply my leave-in, my chi silk infusion, and a little vatika oil. I put the rollers in a bowl of water to keep them wet, and then I start rolling.

I do that for the rest of the three sections until all my hair is done. I used to leave water until last, but then I got this idea that when I do that, I'm rinsing out all the product, and now I do it the other way around. I don't know if the whole rinsing out product thing is true..it's probably not. But once I got it into my head, I couldn't let it go. :nono:

^^^ Chaosbutterfly you have the same mentality as me!!!!!!!! :lol:
I'm setting my hair and my hair gets dry so I spray it with the spray bottle opf water, then I add my leave ins again because my head tells me that I just rinsed my leave ins out :perplexed :lachen:

Last edited:
Will be rollersetting Sunday evening and will be using my new Pureology leave in. The texture is great so I hope it feels good in my hair.

Ok, so I couldn't wait any longer so I took my braids out two weeks a head of time. I will be roller setting next week. I am gonna try Rusk Sensories Smoother Leave-In and these new ceramic rollers I purchased today. I heard good results from some of the ladies on here so I will let you all know how it goes.

^^ thank goodness someone bought the ceramic rollers, now we can finally hear a review :), I just have so many magnetic rollers I wouldn't have anyplace to put the ceramics.

can't wait to hear your review.

attachment.php

January Rollerset- 2 months post. Next relaxer sometime in February. K now I have to figure out how to work the pictures.

Attachments

• rollerset2010 001.jpg
    rollerset2010 001.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I meant to post pictures of my very first self rollerset from two weeks ago. I rollerset, then did a saran wrap silk wrap. Here they are:

rollerset109002.jpg
rollerset109005.jpg

rollerset109008.jpg
rollerset109009.jpg

rollerset109010.jpg

Back