Request for Graduate Student Forum...

I think OFF TOPIC has enough room for these discussions. Make your headliner intriguing enough for your targeted group. Members have so many interests so it is really not possible to have a niche group for every interest! I think Bev is doing a great job maintaining what is already here...so please, use your imagination to find the area which suits you.

Just my 0.02$ but I'm not sure that the tone of the OT forum would be appropriate for a purely academic forum. It gets pretty random over there. :spinning:

Thanks for your comments everyone. If for whatever reason an education forum cannot be created, I am willing to start a Small Group for Education in the Community section, I believe. Not sure if this area gets as much traffic as the main area as I only discovered it myself yesterday. If you have any other suggestions (excluding adding Education to an unrelated thread) please weigh in.

I agree that there should be an education forum.

Yes, some of these issues are addressed in OT, but it is easy to get lost in the midst of all the randomness. I'm always surprised to see how many women are pursuing graduate degrees here, and I'm sure there's a lot of knowledge and wisdom to be shared. :yep:

I too agree that a graduate student forum would be great, especially for those of us who are still in thesis hell....

I'm all for an education forum. I'm a law student and I've noticed that there are a lot of us working on or have completed a higher level degree.

Hey Freelove, DarlingDiva & Solitude...thanks for your comments...DarlingDiva, thesis &^%& is no joke...this grad school thing has me feeling like my head is going to explode on some days. I for one am looking forward to chatting in a positive space where we can offer support for each other :yep:.

Back