Relaxer update and MN has done it again!

mrshicks2002

My last relaxer was 9/8/07. I started using MN again
(Walmart brand) 9/17/07 and it didnt do anything for me so I stopped applying it on 10/01/07. Started new mix (Family Dollar brand) again on 10/8/07 and stopped on 10/17/07 was applying it everyother day. I got 1 inch cut last relaxer and it look like its paying off. I relaxed today with Mizani and I am here to say I have gained so much thickness and I think I have gained an inch as well. I hope my measurements are right, I did them myself and I am 4 inches away from APL and 7 inches away from BSL.....my finally goal is healthy BSL hair with nice ends.

Check me out and let me know what you think.
Comparison progress are in fotki, please be kind and leave a comment if you dont mind. :wink2:

Thanks

10/4/07-4 weeks post relaxer

10/30/07-Relaxer update

(Walmart brand) 9/17/07 and it didnt do anything for me so I stopped applying it on 10/01/07. Started new mix (Family Dollar brand) again on 10/8/07 and stopped on 10/17/07 was applying it everyother day. I got 1 inch cut last relaxer and it look like its paying off. I relaxed today with Mizani and I am here to say I have gained so much thickness and I think I have gained an inch as well. I hope my measurements are right, I did them myself and I am 4 inches away from APL and 7 inches away from BSL.....my finally goal is healthy BSL hair with nice ends.

Comparison progress are in fotki, please be kind and leave a comment if you dont mind. :wink2:
Thanks

10/30/07-Relaxer update
Go head girl! How are you using it, are you rubbing directly onto your scalp?? Mixing it with oils...?? Tell us your your method!:yep:

Wonderful!
I'm doing it now but havent been consistent and I need to get to the store for some more MN. I can really see the grownth!:grin:

Wow mrshicks!!! Great progress! Your hair looks so full and healthy! Your updates just keep getting better and better:yep:. Congrats!

Also, what strength Mizani did you use and how did you like it? Did it straighten well? I used ORS Reg lye on my last two touch-ups like you and plan to relax with Mizani in December.

I just got the Family Dollar brand this past Saturday and have been using it every night on my scalp. :] Your growth is amazing and I hope I get an amazing amount as well. It seems like something is happening with me, but I don't want to get too excited. HHG!!
~*Janelle~*

Go head girl! How are you using it, are you rubbing directly onto your scalp?? Mixing it with oils...?? Tell us your your method!:yep:

Thanks. I am using it everyother day, mixing it with carrier and essential oils.

I usually just take the tip of the nozzle on a applicator bottle and make sure that I put some on my temples, crown area, sides, and the back area.

You are doing a wonderful job!!!

The same growth I can visibly see that you have, took me 5 MONTHS to acomplish http://public.fotki.com/Nicole1976/lhcf-hair-progress-/october-24-2007/comparisonjuneoctober.html

Since then, I started using MN October 16th and I really feel like my growth rate has increased. I also feel like my hair is shedding less.

Thanks!

I totally agree MN is great and we look like hair twins from those pictures of yours.:yep:

Keep us posted on your growth!

Wow mrshicks!!! Great progress! Your hair looks so full and healthy! Your updates just keep getting better and better:yep:. Congrats!

Also, what strength Mizani did you use and how did you like it? Did it straighten well? I used ORS Reg lye on my last two touch-ups like you and plan to relax with Mizani in December.

Girl thank you so much. I am trying to get it altogether and only if I knew about MN at the start of my journey.

I used Mizani regular/normal strength and I am here to tell you. I thought I liked ORS lye, but to me it cant even touch Mizani at all. The texture of Mizani is just so smooth and very very creamy, and it doesnt take much to get the job done.

Make sure to keep us posted on your updates in December.

Wow it looks great. I'm going to show my husband to prove to him it works....he thinks what we're doing is weird

I just got the Family Dollar brand this past Saturday and have been using it every night on my scalp. :] Your growth is amazing and I hope I get an amazing amount as well. It seems like something is happening with me, but I don't want to get too excited. HHG!!
~*Janelle~*

Thanks!

Girl I understand how you feel, but I am sorry to tell you something is happening. I will not use anyother brand than the family dollar brand anymore. MN is scary, and its like its too good to be true because the great growth that you can get with it, but I love it.

Keep us posted!

Thanks

10/30/07-Relaxer update

What is the difference in the Walmart brand and Family Dollar? Is it the percentage or are there other ingredients. Just wondering caue everyone is ranting and raving about the FD brand and ain't nan out here in CA:grin:

thats great!!!
i had stopped using mn but i started using it a couple of weeks ago and then i remembered why i stopped....headaches!!! :(
i did see fast results when i was using it though:)
hhg

What is the difference in the Walmart brand and Family Dollar? Is it the percentage or are there other ingredients. Just wondering caue everyone is ranting and raving about the FD brand and ain't nan out here in CA:grin:

There is no difference that I know of, but it must be something because the walmart brand just didnt do it for me at all, but the family dollar brand I used back in August as well and shouldnt have switched, but I was at walmart one day and needed some so I picked up their brand and will never pick it up again.:lachen:

Here is the link to the FD MN that I used first time around. It made my hair very thick in two weeks as well and I was using that at the time everyday, but I dont anymore because my hair gets to greasy.
http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/mn-progress/

thats great!!!
i had stopped using mn but i started using it a couple of weeks ago and then i remembered why i stopped....headaches!!! :(
i did see fast results when i was using it though:)
hhg

Thanks!

Girl isnt the results great. I never have headaches and maybe its since I have mine mixed with oils. Most of the time when I see some that are using or have used but have had headaches, they are using it straight.

Thanks!

Girl isnt the results great. I never have headaches and maybe its since I have mine mixed with oils. Most of the time when I see some that are using or have used but have had headaches, they are using it straight.

heeeeey yeah! maybe thats it. ok because i remember when i 1st started using it i had headaches and then i mixed it and i didnt have it anymore. ok, i'm gonna try it again mixed with amla oil.
thanks girl!!!:grin: i have to say i was shocked in a matter of days i saw new growth

heeeeey yeah! maybe thats it. ok because i remember when i 1st started using it i had headaches and then i mixed it and i didnt have it anymore. ok, i'm gonna try it again mixed with amla oil.
thanks girl!!!:grin: i have to say i was shocked in a matter of days i saw new growth

Ya it seems unreal, but true. Gotta love the MN.

Keep posted!:yep:

There is no difference that I know of, but it must be something because the walmart brand just didnt do it for me at all, but the family dollar brand I used back in August as well and shouldnt have switched, but I was at walmart one day and needed some so I picked up their brand and will never pick it up again.:lachen:

Here is the link to the FD MN that I used first time around. It made my hair very thick in two weeks as well and I was using that at the time everyday, but I dont anymore because my hair gets to greasy.
http://public.fotki.com/mrshicks2002/mn-progress/

is the link in you fotki album because i was unable to pull it up otherwise

Thanks

10/30/07-Relaxer update

That's awesome progress! Thanks for sharing your pics.

wow your growth is amazing!! Congrats!:yay: I already have some MTG and BT that I am about to start using next week. I might as well add the MN to them and see if can get some of this great growth.:yep:

Back