Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

7 months as of Friday, Nov 29th

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

14 weeks post, relaxing this week. I will likely get a deep cut too. It's long overdue.

5 weeks post. I'm just seeing how long I can go sans touch up right now. My longest stretch this year was 10 weeks. My longest stretch in years was just 3.5 months.

If I can last 6 months without, I'll just transition

sunnieb, really it's boooo. I'm only 14 weeks because of concern and poor planning. I just wasn't ready to relax at 10 weeks because I feel my hair is going through an unhealthy phase since my last TU (concern). I delayed the TU. Then I went on vacation, then it was Thanksgiving, bam I'm 14 weeks (poor planning). Week 10 - 14 have been horrible - tangles and breakage. I'm not looking forward to this TU because I know I need a major cut to get things back in check. Real talk, no exaggeration.

I'm one week post. I relaxed last week Monday (11/25) at 18 weeks 4 days.

I switched to Motions Super because I have not been happy with my ORS results (mostly with the tangling that been happening the few times I did wach my hair) and I'm glad I did. I'll see how my hair responds to washing as this gets old before deciding if I'll continue with this relaxer but my initial results show me that ORS really did change the formula somewhere along the line.

I'm suffering from hairnorexia because I still hesitate to claim BSL although I'm on my way to MBL. I did a slight trim but lack of manipulation due to my injury and buns have thankfully left my hair in pretty good shape. I'll be ready to fully claim where ever my ends lay by the time spring rolls around. May even come out of hiding and post a picture :). Happy growing everyone!

Six month stretch, go you!! I did the same when I first relaxed a year ago. Any pics of the newly relaxed hair!?? :lick: NGraceO
NGraceO See attachments below not much but i took it yesterday for a challenge i will show more pics as i go along.

Length Check Dec 1st.JPG

7 months as of Friday, Nov 29th
Americka, i'm gonna need you to share tips on long stretching please.

12 weeks touch up tmrw amen!
:yep: I know that feeling when you are extremely glad it's over. Pics plz

14 weeks post, relaxing this week. I will likely get a deep cut too. It's long overdue.
divachyk You better not cut too much because i love seeing that big pretty bun in your avatar.

PureSilver, :lol: yes ma'am. You and EnExitStageLeft keep me in check. She's threatened me many times before when I was talking about cutting. I just think it's time for a change to shake things up a bit.

15 months post. Not sure when the next perm shall be. Lol

PureSilver I don't want to disappoint you, but I don't have any magical tips. I started eating healthy and working out back in March. As the weeks passed, I realized that I could still comb through my new growth quite easily. I think the change in diet helped.

I also began wearing my hair in "phony pony" about two months ago. Apparently, it is a good match for my new growth b/c a few relatives keep thinking the pony is my real hair.

I just take it one week at a time.

This Saturday will make 21 wks. This is the longest I've ever stretched! What helped were wigs, Marley twists, and Beautiful Textures moisture butter. I'm keeping the moisture butter in my regimen as I love the way it makes my hair feel. Even in my Marleys my hair was moisturized for 2 whole weeks.

I think I'm getting a touchup this Saturday.

divachyk if you cut your hair off, I'm cutting mine. You want to be responsible for that? :look:

PureSilver

I don't mind her trimming, but I can't bare her cutting that purdy hair again. I nearly fell out the first time divachyk.

divachyk if you cut your hair off, I'm cutting mine. You want to be responsible for that? :look:

Hmmmmm divachyk wants to start a cutting frenzy round ere, i'll give myself a good cut too, i think i'll benefit from it.

EnExitStageLeft sunnieb PureSilver, I'mma post a pic and show yall my hemline of what I'm working with (or the lack thereof). Ok so when you see this posted on the blog later in the week, act surprised like you've not seen this photo before. Be right back.

Here ya go EnExitStageLeft PureSilver sunnieb

ETA: MileHighDiva Nix08, how much should I chop? I'm taking survey from you all and anyone that wants to chime in. :yep:

Attachments

• Divachyk Relaxed Thairapy Dec 2013 unofficial length check.jpg
    Divachyk Relaxed Thairapy Dec 2013 unofficial length check.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I'm sure that I'll be the odd one out but I say don't cut. You had a similar growth pattern and cut and its grown again like this. I say leave it and do a major chop when the shortest piece gets to the length you want to maintain.
In the meantime figure out why it's either breaking on the one side or one side grows slower.

Eta:I think it has to do with either the mechanical manipulation of your stronger or weaker hand when you are bunning and/or banding.

Last edited:

nixo8 No mam you ain't odd at all. I don't know what kinda ants is in ms divachyk pants but woman i tell you leave that hair alone. Put the darn scissors outta ya mind!

Ok seriously. I say after you've gained another 2 1/2'' then you can think about cutting otherwise your hair is pretty and i wish to get to your length one day. It's fine i get that but its nothing a lil castor oil won't help.

Nix08, you and dh say don't cut because of growth pattern. :yep: I haven't had a cut or trim in a while...well, I used my split ender but that really doesn't count though. So, I'm due for a good trim/cut but how much is the wild card.

My hair doesn't grow evenly. The left grows faster than the right, so it seems. I sleep on my right side. I read that makes a difference. I'm right hand dominate. My right side suffered the matted locks and the length & health of it has not been the same since. I do believe my hemline was healthy before the matting scenario. Previous cuts were done with preserving length in mind. In hindsight, I should have gotten rid of all the whack ends at that point and start truly fresh and new.

But if the ends aren't split/damaged why the need for a'cut' rather than just dusting/trim?

Eta:unless you are saying that the ends are damaged and not just uneven?

Eta2: based on the hemline that you desire you need to cut/dust every 8 weeks or so keeping it ended as it grows being sure not to cut more than you retain.

Last edited:

Ok i understand how you feel but i'll tell you this divachyk my right side id 1 1/2'' longer than the left and it has always been that way relaxed or natural. If i was to cut it every time it becomes noticeable i would be bald or not retain any length. I say style your hair so that the shorter side isn't very noticeable.

1 week post. My next one is 10-12 weeks from now.

Back