Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

@Divchyk

Ok, so how much you want off 3-4 inches? If so, can we comprised? 2 now and then another 2 in about 6-8 months.

Last edited:
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Nix08, you and dh say don't cut because of growth pattern. :yep: I haven't had a cut or trim in a while...well, I used my split ender but that really doesn't count though. So, I'm due for a good trim/cut but how much is the wild card.

My hair doesn't grow evenly. The left grows faster than the right, so it seems. I sleep on my right side. I read that makes a difference. I'm right hand dominate. My right side suffered the matted locks and the length & health of it has not been the same since. I do believe my hemline was healthy before the matting scenario. Previous cuts were done with preserving length in mind. In hindsight, I should have gotten rid of all the whack ends at that point and start truly fresh and new.

I've never thought of the bolded as a possible reason as to why i am 11/2'' longer on the right side. Maybe thats the reason my left side grows slower than my right. My head is almost always turned to the right of me when sleeping. I need to find a better position to sleep. I can't have my hair suffering like that.

Here ya go EnExitStageLeft PureSilver sunnieb

ETA: MileHighDiva Nix08, how much should I chop? I'm taking survey from you all and anyone that wants to chime in. :yep:

1/2-1" for health because you've been complaining about breakage. Continue protective styling (bunning) for the winter. This will give your length a chance to bulk up and then you can re access whether you need a deeper cut for the spring solstice.

ETA: if you have damage or hair health issues that are more than an inch deep, go deeper.

Last edited:

I think you've gotten your answer and we all agree including your DH that you should not cut, but if you do i say 1 inch at the end of the month and another 2 inches in June 2014. How about that? divachyk

PureSilver Lilmama1011 Nix08, I'd love to believe the lead hair theory but I always have some randomness that clouds the view. This year was protein overload and relaxer touch gone wrong.

Here's my whack hemline
Last year before / after cut - June 2012 ---- good news is, I grew all that back and then some.

Augu 2013 is a photo of my hair before protein overload and relaxer gone wrong. Clearly a difference in the thickness at hemline.

I suppose I just grow uneven on a good day. Throw in some hair issues and that just makes it look a bit worse.

@ETA: MileHighDiva EnExitStageLeft, thanks ladies!!!

Attachments

• Jun 2012.jpg
    Jun 2012.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 21
  • June 2012 post cut.jpg
    June 2012 post cut.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Aug 2013.jpg
    Aug 2013.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
divachyk how about a trim of as many inches that would give you an even hemline then going forward you trim at each line on your length check shirt again to an even hemline. This way you almost always have a relatively even hemline.

Alright ladies, you gave me some good info to ponder. I'll cut somewhere between 1/2" to 1" but no more than 2" (for now).

I like a thick hemline but clearly the longer I get the less that is a reality for one reason or another.

Nix08, I inspected my ends and they appear relatively healthy on both sides. One side is just shorter. I do agree trimming at more strategic intervals would help prevent this from occurring again.

divachyk

My hair grows this way, but in a weird u/v mashup thing :rolleyes:. I am convinced that my right side is suffering, but the ends seem to split on this side more regularly, plus it becomes weathered fairly quickly.

What I plan to do to regroup from it:

*Apply a bit more product (moisturizer, leave in, etc.)
*Be extra super gentle with that side
*Heavy HEAVY seal the ends on that side

divachyk if it were me, I'd cut 1" now re-evaluate in 8 weeks or so. I'm not afraid to cut in order to get the hemline I want, so I understand where you are coming from.

However, no deep cuts allowed!

Almost 3 weeks post and I haven't worn my hair down once.

It's been snowing and freezing here in Calgary.

My Christmas Party is in two weeks so I might do a roller set for that.

17 Weeks to go!

12 weeks post and all of a sudden I have lots of new growth. I may relax next week.

0 days post -- :yep:

Next TU is in Feb 2014 likely at 9 weeks vs. 10 since 10 weeks falls on Valentine's and my stylist will be celebrating her anni out of the country.

I am 9 weeks post with three more to go. I might not make it. We shall see!

I'm 8 weeks post. I usually go 16 weeks but I'm on vacation at week 16 so I'm going to stretch for 18 weeks for the 1st time ever. I am not looking forward to being away from home and swimming during my longest stretch. Wish me luck

Still on this 24 week stretch that ends valentines day weekend. Sometimes I get the urge to relax now, before I remember that a fresh texlax would just be wasted in either braids or under a wig (which is what I'm trying I rock long term to WL), which brings me back :yup:

NGraceO

This is week 16 for me. I have 2 more weeks to go before I get my relaxer. This is the longest stretch I have ever done. It takes a lot of TLC at this point. Can't wait for a fresh relaxer. :yay:

One more week till I relax which will put me at 18 weeks post.

As of today, I am 4 weeks post; Next relaxer date is set for March 7, 2013 (that would put me at 17 weeks post relaxer)

11 weeks post! 9 more to go! :)

I think I'm not going to go 10 weeks, I think I might go like almost 12 weeks and relax like a day before Christmas to have a fresh one when I go to my Christmas dinner, yup that's what I will do.....

2 weeks post today 25 weeks to go. Pitchas to come tomorrow cuz i see NG already.

Last edited:
I'm only a week and a half post with 8 -1/2 weeks to go. Never going past 10 weeks agaIn... it seems the breaking point for my hair.

0 weeks! Relaxed this morning at 19 weeks post...next relaxer sometime in March/April.

Back