Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm over 26 weeks post relaxer. I don't know when I will relax again, but I think it will be soon.

For the past couple of years I've been using ORS Olive oil relaxer, but I'm thinking about going back to my relaxer from high school. It's supreme.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Going on 12 weeks post. I will relax sometime during the week of 2 Dec. I think I will be mentally and emotionally ready by then.

10 weeks this coming Tuesday. Will relax during the second week of December at around 13 weeks.

PlainJane good luck with your first self-relaxer!

I can't believe I'm a self-relaxer even after all this time, but I do a much better job than ANY stylist I've ever had.

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 5 weeks, 3 days

When is your next touch up? February 2014

What relaxer will you use? Phyto Index I

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-relax.

i am 15 weeks post and I am trying to hold out until Christmas. hopefully I can make it.

14 weeks post. About 4 weeks to go. Relaxing on December 19th.

1 Week Post. After 18 weeks stretching.

I recently switched from ORS Regular to Dark and Lovely Super. It seems to me that they changed the formula as it was not straightening my hair like it used to.

The Dark and Lovely works perfect for my hair.

Hopefully I can stretch my relaxer until March 2014. I would love to start relaxing 3 times a year.

21 wks maybe, I keep losing count. I was planning to go until the end of the year, but I just started seeing breakage. I'll use Emergencee next wash day and see if that improves things. If not, I'm looking at the perm box right. now. and I'll do it, don't make me! :lachen:

Relaxing at 19 weeks post this Sunday. Longest stretch to date. Excited to be reacquainted with my scalp.

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

12 weeks post, planning on going for 16..

Couldn't wait to post in this thread. I am newly relaxed 3 days post and next relaxer is MAY 31st.

I relaxed today at 8 weeks and 3 days. My hair was under processed from my last relaxer. I used MBB for Coarse hair. My new growth was thick so I applied with the half and half method.

I am 4 weeks post.

Inversion has totally thickened up my new growth in such a way that its kind of uncomfortable doing anything to my hair. Washing it and airdrying makes it look terrible. I can't straighten it worth anything anymore. I don't know how to handle it going into month 2 and planning to stretch for 4 straight months at least.

I am also due for a trim but I really want to wait until February. Not because of holding on to length or anything, but I am not sure the difference between needing a dusting and needing a trim.

Finally, is it true that you hair seems to shrink the longer you stretch? I feel like my hair was longer 3 weeks ago :/ but all this new growth is making my hair look shorter.

How did this work for you? mezzogirl

Both worked the MBB coarse and the half and half method. I parted my hair down the middle and started on the thickest part of my hair (crown and mid back). one side got a little wet before I could relax. I took a blow dryer to it on low.

Midway point!

10 weeks down, 10 to go! :)

So you basically relax 2x a year?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

That's my ultimate goal. :yep:

I'm down to 3x a year now, and just completed a 20 week stretch because baddison tricked me a couple of streteches ago! :giggle:

Tommarow tomorrow!!! Im about 8 weeks but I'm under processed and will be letting that relaxer do what it do tomorrow.

I .can't. Wait. I'm going to do tae .bo while I DC. I'm trying to wait until the spring to wear my hair straight...

I was planning to self-relax for the first time this week but after adding jbco to my regimen again I should be able to make it a lot longer. 8 weeks down. Hopefully 8 more to go.

I'm 4 weeks post today and plan to texlax again at 12 weeks post...longer if I can manage the textures without major breakage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back