Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

9 weeks post, relaxing tonight probably

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I am only 3 weeks post relaxer, but I plan on relaxing the week before Christmas and that will be a 11 week relaxer stretch for me. Next year my plan is to only relax 3 times a year:superbanana:

8 weeks this coming Tuesday and I'm starting to get really bad tangles all of a sudden. I'm trying hard to make it to Dec 3rd which will be 12 weeks. Funny, because I've stretched for 7 months in the past and didn't have this much of an issue with tangling. I will probably give self-relaxing another try, but I'm looking for an alternative to ORS no lye which hasn't really worked for me in the past (probably due to my lack of relaxing skills).

MrsMelodyV

WOAH!!! 36 weeks!!! And I'm over here stressing out abt. Going 24 geeeeeez!

I attempted going natural and failed miserably. I'll wait until I have enough hair for a curly ponytail to try it again. I was experiencing way too much breakage.

It's really not that bad until after 20 weeks for me. Good luck!

How long are you going for?

I am 3 days post relaxer. Probably not relaxing until 10-12 weeks from now.

24 weeks. I've done it once before, and it got difficult around 3 months which is what I'm almost at now. I'm about 10 wks post currently.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

6 weeks post as of yesterday. Not relaxing until February when I'm 20 weeks post.

I swear I want to stretch longer but breakage just gets cray around week 10 on wash day. I need a stretching teacher sunnieb Nix08 or anyone else up for the taking.

divachyk I got you. But, breakage is no bueno. My hair doesn't break, so I can stretch.

How far along are you?

10 weeks sunnieb. I get some breakage throughout the week but it isn't excessive. My issue is on wash day when moving from the wet to dry state.

I'm 9 weeks post and trying to decide between getting a Brazilian keratin treatment, a relaxer at a salon, and doing one of the two on my own. I like the stylist I usually get relaxers from, but part of me just prefers doing it myself. As far as BKT vs. relaxer, I'm still torn because I can relax my hair just fine, but I've never given myself a BKT before and I don't know what brand to try.

I'm 9 weeks post and trying to decide between getting a Brazilian keratin treatment, a relaxer at a salon, and doing one of the two on my own. I like the stylist I usually get relaxers from, but part of me just prefers doing it myself. As far as BKT vs. relaxer, I'm still torn because I can relax my hair just fine, but I've never given myself a BKT before and I don't know what brand to try.

sounbeweavable, my friend tried transitioning to salon performed BKT in an effort to go natural. She got a lot of breakage and returning to relaxing.

That just scared me. Definitely planned on getting on getting a BKT in about 6 months :sad:

I wanted to do this LONG time ago and I had a beautician tell me of I relax continue relaxing. If it's relaxed and healthy, don't bother with a bkt. I found it odd, but no one turns away $300 services for someone to continue a $30-45 service. I stopped bothering with the bkt option after that.

I wanted to do this LONG time ago and I had a beautician tell me of I relax continue relaxing. If it's relaxed and healthy, don't bother with a bkt. I found it odd, but no one turns away $300 services for someone to continue a $30-45 service. I stopped bothering with the bkt option after that.
I'm gonna go a test run in about May. I should have 7 inches of natural hair by then. If I like it I will probably give up the relaxer. ETA: The BKT she uses may not have been compatible with a relaxer. Some of them aren't. Id me glad she warned you.

Last edited:
~17 wks post. I have a touch up scheduled for next weekend, but I dont think Im ready to give up my Marley twists.

I'm currently 12 weeks post. I think I'm going to relax Nov 9th I'll be 14 weeks. I would like to go a little longer but I have so much ng it's crazy. See that bun in my siggy :spinning: it time:yep: but my hair is so soft and moisturized but yea..it's time to hit that nape lol

tsmith Good to see you! I remember you when I first joined. Still love your hair and I see nothing wrong with your bun! ;)

Hi sunnieb, I remember you as well. I've been lurking here and there UNTIL I went to the Dominican's and got a blow out on MBL hair and they broke the back of my hair off so I had to start over from scratch but I'm actually enjoying every minute. Your hair is looking pretty girly. ^5

Back