Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

8 weeks post - relaxing at 14 weeks (Aug 24th I believe)

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me and I think I'm going to go till 16 so I have 13 weeks left.

Pretty good but I must say that it is only due to my 24/7 wet buns :yep: .

Since I don't use direct heat and don't want to airdry because of my thick roots, I just cowash every morning, put some homemade pudding on it to sleek them edges and I'm good to go.

I also use a spray of hibiscus tea + glycerin + jojoba and grapeseed oils during the day to keep my hair moisturized and tame the poofiness I got sometimes.

So far, so good. I got minimal breakage with this method and my hair seems to be happy doing is own life without me styling it or playing in it all day long :grin:

I'm exactly 1 week post, next TU is 12 weeks away on Oct. 4.

9 weeks post on Friday. I got solange braids at 7 weeks post. I plan to relax 9/6 @ 17 weeks post. Taking out my braids at 16 weeks post.

Hope I can last that long. Hoping to be grazing WL! Fingers crossed.

I'm 13 weeks post today and plan to stretch another 4-7 weeks. I would love to achieve a 5 month stretch and plan to achieve that by wearing my hair in 4 Celie braids underneath a wig.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I am 16 weeks post its been rough but protective styles are honestly making me stretch this long I am going to stretch for another 4 more weeks finally Im so happy lol

Sweetie123 congrats on the super long stretch. What was your method?

Thank you.
To be honest I was suppose to relax at 16 weeks then I was too busy and forgot about it.

I wear wigs monday to friday for work, underneath the wig I M&S daily, wear flat twists and mostly DC every week. Oh and I'm really patient when detangling.
I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I am 16 weeks and I'm aiming to stretch until 6 months (I guess 24 weeks), which would put me out to mid-end of September. It seems so far away. I made it through my last stretch with a lot of wigs but it is so hot in Florida right now, I just don't want to wear wigs day in and day out.

12 weeks post. Minimum 16-maybe 20 if I can keep it in a decent bun.

Seven weeks post. Going for 16 weeks or more. I am getting some spring twists at week ten.

alittle more than 1 week post. Self-relaxing was so much easier at 12/13 weeks post than when I go longer.

1 week. When I scratch I feel scalp. Find me in 5 weeks when I'm searching my scalp again...

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

7 weeks post. Obvious new growth but hair is manageable. Hangin in there till 13 week.

My flexi rod set looked so great yesterday! I loved the look of it and Boyfriend said I looked beautiful! It was so easy to do that I may make it a regular hairstyle! I didn't sleep with a satin pillowcase last night, and I wore my hair out all day today in the heat, so I'm treating my hair to a light protein DC overnight.

Back