Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

12 weeks post and that is when I usually relax. But my stylist didn't have an open appt and I won't be around the next 2 weekends so looks like I'll be stretching 15 weeks. I stretched that long once before and it was NOT a good time. The knots and tangles were too much. I'm having a much diff experience this time and my new growth isn't too much of a hassle which is why I feel comfortable waiting a little longer for my touch-up.

15 weeks and two days, depending on how my wash day goes next week will deer mine if i will relax at 17 weeks, i tried a new way to way instead of four sections i did two and let hair go to the back, I had tangles and lost quite a bit but not sure if new growth has gotten longer and starting to twist up when water hits is report i need to stick to my regular wash routine

While I'm officially 12 weeks, I mark the date incorrectly on my calendar to push me a couple extra days. Not in a rush to relax, but I will start getting my supplies soon just in case I can't take it anymore.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I self-relaxed last week just shy of 24 weeks and it was an epic FAIL. I did a mid-relaxer protein step and didn't really smooth or leave the relaxer on as long as I should have and unless you saw me relax, you'd never think anything had been done to my NG because there's no visible change. So now I'm perclumped and don't know what to do. I'm afraid to go back to a salon and clearly I don't have any self-relaxer skills. What do to, what to do...

I self-relaxed last week just shy of 24 weeks and it was an epic FAIL. I did a mid-relaxer protein step and didn't really smooth or leave the relaxer on as long as I should have and unless you saw me relax, you'd never think anything had been done to my NG because there's no visible change. So now I'm perclumped and don't know what to do. I'm afraid to go back to a salon and clearly I don't have any self-relaxer skills. What do to, what to do...

cynd

I would invest in a kitchen timer or use your cell phone alarm to keep track of the time. Set a certain time and don't go past that time; no matter what!

If you have a lot of long hair; consider the half and half method. Either way, also consider making small parts before you start the process to speed up the application time. And your hair should be well conditioned and moisturized before you get started.

Or maybe it was the type of relaxer you used that caused the non results.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

@cynd

I would invest in a kitchen timer or use your cell phone alarm to keep track of the time. Set a certain time and don't go past that time; no matter what!

If you have a lot of long hair; consider the half and half method. Either way, also consider making small parts before you start the process to speed up the application time. And your hair should be well conditioned and moisturized before you get started.

Or maybe it was the type of relaxer you used that caused the non results.

Thanks for the suggestions @mshoneyfly. I don't use a timer and never even thought about it. I don't have a lot of hair (thin/low density) and I used ORS on my roots only. I also cowashed and did a DC a couple of days before. I was going for texlaxed and ORS has worked for me in the past. Perhaps I left the protein conditioner on too long as well? IDK. I cowashed yesterday and although my roots don't look any different than they did before I relaxed, they are a tad bit softer and easier to comb through so hopefully I can hold off trying to correct my error for a few weeks. I'm shooting for 12 but we'll see how that goes.

Last edited:

I'm 14 weeks post today(finally got the calculations right thanks to timeanddate.com)...two more weeks till relaxer.

9 weeks post today, will either relax next week or wait another week depending on how my newgrowth feels when I wash tomorrow

6 weeks post today. Shooting for 24.....18 weeks to go.

4.5 weeks post and my new growth is coming through. Giving my hair and scalp a spa day today...it needs it...relaxing in 5.5 weeks

Last edited:

10 weeks post today!

Half way through my 20 week stretch! :yay:

Ill be back in a week when Im a week post lol.

Coming up on 5 weeks post got 11wks to go...

1 week post.

When yall get your touch-ups, esp those with fine hair, how often do you moisture and seal?

Last edited:

12 weeks and about 5 or 6 more to go

coming up to 3 weeks post.

EDIT: Starting a 10 months stretch. No relaxers until April next year.

Last edited:

7 weeks post. 17 more weeks to go.

10 weeks, 10 weeks to go.

Back