Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

7 weeks post. Plan to relax at 10 weeks (July 6 :drunk:)

9 week post. This Saturday I'll be 10 weeks and halfway through my stretch. The first half is always the easiest. My roots act right and my hair sits flat. Hopefully the last part of my stretch will be great and I can retain two inches. I'm about that much away from APL. Relax date is 8/31. Then I will relax again before my birthday 11.16 @ 11 weeks, then every 12 weeks thereafter. I shortened the first one to be relaxed by my birthday; otherwise I would've gone the full 12 weeks.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 12 weeks and 1 day post relaxer. Next scheduled TU is July 24 at approx 4 months post, (actually 17 weeks), but idk if I will make it the way this NG is looking and feeling. Might TU the very last weekend of this month, which will be like 14 weeks post unless I get a henndigo application in to help tame my NG.

Might try a coconut milk and lime juice mix to "relax" the NG a bit. I heard thru the grapevine it works. But I feel messy with this NG looking like it does...might be doing a TU in the next week or so depending on my hair and mood. Y'all making this in and out of rehab PJ curious about the KeraPro condish. I have Joico KeraPro conditioning shampoo...what a perfect match. KeraPro by Joico is now the Moisture Recovery Line I believe. I have that too. :look:

DominicanBrazilian82 Hey! [waves] all hail Scorpios...my bday is 11/12. :yep: I will be due another TU around the middle or end of Nov. after a TU in July.

Last edited:

7 weeks post, 6 1/2 more to go. So far, so darn good. I still can't wait for July 31st though. Shawty gon' swang!:gorgeous:

Three weeks post going for a sixteen week stretch. I plan on getting some type of corn row updo at week 12 to carry me through. I think I am going back to self relaxing. I was not happy with the way my stylist was trying to rip through my hair last time. I think she is annoyed that I don't come in more often and I don't let her "trim" every time I go in. So before we have a major problem I am going to just stop going to her and go back to self relaxing. I am also thinking I want more texture left in my hair. My only worry is missing areas.

It'll be six months on July 1st and I'm getting a relaxer that day. I am not stretching for 6 months ever again lol. 4 months from now on.

I am 4 months post (relaxed in March) and I may stretch until September! If I do, this will be my longest stretch yet :)

3 wks post on Thursday-stretching for 13+wks, but with the arrival of my SD avocado who knows :cup: I could 4 months! i hope it makes my stretch more manageable.

It'll be six months on July 1st and I'm getting a relaxer that day. I am not stretching for 6 months ever again lol. 4 months from now on.

Trying to go 6 months its just sooooo hard!! I'm 18 weeks and I'm caving..... My goal was 22-24 weeks... I'm trying to hold out but geesh!!

11 weeks and 2 days. I might relax this week if I find the linange relaxer in this bss.

currently 12 weeks post 5 more to goooo:grin:

5 and a half more weeks to go. Might just make it 3 and a half. Mostly out of anxiety. I really don't need a relaxer.

Who knew texlaxed hair would make stretching easier.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

8 weeks post today and only 12 more to go! :yep:

12 weeks down and 12 weeks to go....

Stretching and not using heat has become such a normal habit for me and I'm so proud of myself.

I went from struggling to stretch past 6 weeks, now I struggle to remember to relax my hair.

13 weeks post relaxer as of thursday. I am not sure when I will relax. I just wanna do henna glosses and coconut milk dc's forever!

Jewell
DominicanBrazilian82
Fellow Scorpio in da house!!

I am gonna see how long I can stretch. I feel like Ive learned so much about my hair lately;maybe I can do it.

Jewell, I read about this dc recipe for growth:

Coconut milk or cream
Coconut oil
Honey
Lime juice

Im gonna try it soon. I did coconut milk and avg last weekend then followed up with my pink clay mix and it helped clean up the excessive shedding

8 weeks post today will relax in 2 weeks was going to relax next week so my hair is fresh for taking clients to the Henley Royal Regatta on 4th july, but I think I will just roller set and wear an up do and stick with my 10 weeks.

I can't give you weeks, but it's been since September 2012 - so 9 months, about 36 weeks. I was going to relax this month, but I think I will wait until October -- my birthday. Lol

For some reason I forgot to write in my calendar and lost track. I suspect I'm 7-8 weeks now.

6 weeks post tomorrow, ill probably TU sometime in sept.

5 weeks post. Touch up in November at 24 weeks.

11 weeks. 2 more weeks before I can entertain the thought of relaxing. 5 more weeks if I follow my ultimate goal.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

21 weeks post as of this past Friday.

I'm getting a TU on July 3rd.

3 weeks post, either in Aug or Sept. i am going to let my hair decide when it is time.

Back