Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

18 weeks, going to relax next weeks should just do the full 5 months but nope, it's starting to get harder detangling in the shower, new growth seems to be thicker on the top part and I'm losing unnecessary hair

Last edited:
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

1 week post relaxing again in 9 weeks - sep 14th

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I am one day post-relaxer after a 15 wk stretch. Next one should be Sept. 5th at 12 weeks.

I'm 11 weeks post. I think I might relax next week... Don't think I can make it through the end of the month unless I get braids.

0 days post!!! I did 18 weeks, omg I am having a great hair day, I relaxed with Mizani butter blend and it came out excellent, this time i didn't do the half and half method and I like it that way, SO helped me because I was throwing a tantrum in the middle of it. I always start it and then feel like its too messy and time consuming, and he came in there and went to WORK on my hair! He was moving so fast and carefully. He said he watched a YouTube video while i was sleep yesterday AWWW. He was like " the most important part is the smoothing part, if you don't smooth it right it won't come out right" and I said "uh huh" and let him do most of the work. I used the neutralizing shampoo and hair was dry as all HE!! And tangly, I was like "you gonna help me, because you have the patience for my hair". I neutralized 3 times and washed with Jane carter shampoo twice (I know that's a lot but I had to make sure everything was out) i then used V05 clarifying kiwi conditioner (OMG I loooove it!!!!). The Jane carter softened it up but the the V05, I kid you not, softened my hair so much, and melted the tangles out, I ran my hand through my hair sooooo easily I stunned. I will forever purchase that V05 and I think it's the new formula. I usually have tangled hair and lose a lot of hair on my relaxer day, sure didn't this time. 5 months ago i had a setback because my ends was thin and I flat ironed my hair and pulled my thin ends off, I am proud to announce it is almost even with the rest of my hair, I do not know how that happened but i am soooo grateful and happy. I guess moisturizing and sealing and trimming some of the thin ends helped a lot. This time i think I will stretch 10 weeks to 12 weeks. Deep conditioning over night, bout to go night night

Lilmama1011 your post literally made me smile:grin: Glad your hair turned out so nice:yep:

2 weeks post. The comb glides right through!!! Im gonna miss that in a few weeks when the combs stops and falls on the floor midway through my hair.

0 days post!!! I did 18 weeks, omg I am having a great hair day, I relaxed with Mizani butter blend and it came out excellent, this time i didn't do the half and half method and I like it that way, SO helped me because I was throwing a tantrum in the middle of it. I always start it and then feel like its too messy and time consuming, and he came in there and went to WORK on my hair! He was moving so fast and carefully. He said he watched a YouTube video while i was sleep yesterday AWWW. He was like " the most important part is the smoothing part, if you don't smooth it right it won't come out right" and I said "uh huh" and let him do most of the work. I used the neutralizing shampoo and hair was dry as all HE!! And tangly, I was like "you gonna help me, because you have the patience for my hair". I neutralized 3 times and washed with Jane carter shampoo twice (I know that's a lot but I had to make sure everything was out) i then used V05 clarifying kiwi conditioner (OMG I loooove it!!!!). The Jane carter softened it up but the the V05, I kid you not, softened my hair so much, and melted the tangles out, I ran my hand through my hair sooooo easily I stunned. I will forever purchase that V05 and I think it's the new formula. I usually have tangled hair and lose a lot of hair on my relaxer day, sure didn't this time. 5 months ago i had a setback because my ends was thin and I flat ironed my hair and pulled my thin ends off, I am proud to announce it is almost even with the rest of my hair, I do not know how that happened but i am soooo grateful and happy. I guess moisturizing and sealing and trimming some of the thin ends helped a lot. This time i think I will stretch 10 weeks to 12 weeks. Deep conditioning over night, bout to go night night

Girl, your SO sounds like a keeper. How sweet of him to pay attention, look it up and jump in there and help. So cool. A clarifying conditioner...sounds interesting.

10 months - I guess that's 41 weeks. I really don't want to relax it because I actually like the texture of my new growth. It's so soft, because I have been put on to Komaza Care coconut milk and Califia leave in. It brings out the softness of my hair. I guess I will relax and trim for my bday in October and then stretch it another year. *Lesigh*

13 now I start a new job in 3 weeks so I will relax for that. I'm going to try to make it until December after that, for all the holiday parties and such.

16 weeks today! I usually relax at 16 weeks but I'm out of town this week. So I have to wait till next Thursday at 17 weeks post. First time I have gone this long. I cowashed today and it wasn't terrible. Wen has become a lifesaver!

40 weeks post, not sure of when or if I will get a touch up.

12 weeks post today. Relaxer day in 8 weeks. :)

I'm 4 weeks post and next relaxer is in 9 weeks.

I'm 13 weeks post with 4-7 more weeks to go.

5 weeks post. Time to start cowashing!! We'll see if I can stretch past 14 weeks without getting breakage and mega shedding

Almost 15 weeks post and I think I may stretch it on out to 18 to 20 weeks.

Back