Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

13 weeks and possibly transitioning. If not, going for 20 weeks.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

10 weeks post this week... My NG is doing well... but i noticed I'm shedding more than usual... I'm focusing on retaining every inch so i may just relax this weekend...

I am 7 weeks post this week. My braids will have been installed for 4 weeks by Saturday. Debating whether to keep them in until the end of August or mid-September.

I am still not sure if I am transitioning or stretching my relaxer. But I want to be a healthy NL before I even consider a touch up. Nothing is more depressing than getting your hair done and not seeing ANY growth.

10 weeks post this week... My NG is doing well... but i noticed I'm shedding more than usual... I'm focusing on retaining every inch so i may just relax this weekend...

Avocado mask? It reduces shedding, just found out its protein not moisture like some say, have to follow up with dc. Do you do a protein treatment before relaxing? If so that would be great so you can decide whether you want to still relax or not JudithO

Each stretch, I try to go the extra week. I'll stop if the co s start to outweigh the pros though.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Avocado mask? It reduces shedding, just found out its protein not moisture like some say, have to follow up with dc. Do you do a protein treatment before relaxing? If so that would be great so you can decide whether you want to still relax or not @JudithO

Never tried the mask..... Maybe I will.... I dont do the protein treatment the week before... too lazy... lol @Lilmama1011

Currently 9 weeks post, will be Texlaxing at 18 weeks post.

Goal: Retain!

0 weeks post finally relaxed tonight at 19 weeks. Not sure when I'll relax again...maybe sometime in November.

5 weeks post. Will relax at the end of September unless I can go longer. 9.21 will be 12 weeks, 9.27 will be 13 weeks. One of those is my goal unless I can wait it out to the end of October.

3 weeks exactly! Wow it has gone fast. Edges still look good. I had soooo much new growth before anything looks and feels very manageable. Going for 12 weeks this stretch

9 weeks post. I'll end the stretch sometime after next week -- just whenever my hair starts to freak out.

I am right at 10 weeks post:grin:! My hair has been good so we have been getting along just fine:yep:. I will relax between 12-14 wk. I have it scheduled out to Sept 6th so we will see if she cooperates. I am trying to get my relaxers to the 1st weekend of each quarter....March, June, Sept and Dec. We shall see....

14 weeks post and still planning to go until at least 20 weeks.........or longer...:look:

I'm 19 weeks post and hoping to wait until the end of August if not longer. I'm attempting a 6 month stretch for the first time so I have to play it by ear.

13 weeks post and will relax in 2 more weeks.

13 weeks post and will relax in 2 more weeks.

Wishful thinking. I am 11 weeks post today and will relax in 2 more weeks which will make me 13 weeks post.

i'm 8 weeks post this week. my longest stretch this year because my hair is finally growing out.

i want to wait it out until the last week of August, which would put me at 10 weeks (longest stretch in a year). That's when I plan to take out my braids and deep condition my hair like nothing else.

I'm still wondering if it would be possible for me to stretch for 12 weeks. Relaxers 4 times a year would be nice.

I had my last relaxer in early May and I am trying to hold off until early October for my next touch up - after swim season ends for me.

I'm only 6 weeks post.

Back in the day I used to be crying out for a relaxer at this point. Look how far we've come.
I'm so early in my stretch relaxing isn't even a passing thought,

I'm 8 month post (about 30 weeks) Never thought I will get this far ! I plan to relax on the 12 month mark, can't wait to see the results !

Back