Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Lord help me, I am 9 weeks post this Sunday and my hair is acting up! Since I used the last of my Paul Mitchell products last week, I thought I could save myself some dough and I broke out the shampoo and deep conditioner from Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter line and see if my hair likes it...and it doesn't! Big time!

Fortunately I'm not shedding, but for the first time in months I am seeing little broken hairs everywhere and it is freaking me out! I suspect that it was the masque/deep conditioner that's the culprit; my hair felt fine after the shampoo, but when I applied the deep conditioner and sat under the dryer, that's when the problems began. Instead of feeling soft and moisturized like it does with my regular DC, it felt rough, like I baked in some flour or something. Detangling was a NIGHTMARE; thank God I'm patient and I have my detangling routine down pat, or else I would have lost a cat-sized ball of hair in the process. M&S was a mess; my hair kept drinking the moisturizer up and spitting out dry, crunchy roots, no matter how much I applied. It was the worst wash I have had in two years. I will not be purchasing that DC again. And I was so disappointed, since the restorative elixir from that line works so well as a sealer for me. :ohwell:

Oh well, thank goodness I had only purchased the transition kit (on sale no less), so I used up all of the DC and most of the shampoo; next wash I will use up the rest of the shampoo and the regular conditioner (hopefully it will be better than the DC!) and on payday I will trudge back to the JCP salon to pick up some more Paul Mitchell product. I can't risk any setbacks in the 3 weeks before I relax, as I am flying to New York at the end of the month and I want a cute fresh relaxer for my trip.

Oh my mshoneyfly, salon visit to JCPENNY was a trip- and not a good one. I went there and was not going to be like"you need to do blah..or I don't like" and I was going to bring my Hercules combs but I didn't want to be extra and to give the salon the benefit of the doubt, uh no.

Ms stylist wanted to comb my soaking wet hair ONE and TWO with a small tooth comb.
Then to fry the hell outta my hair with the blow dryer after I sat underneath the hair dryer.

These new stylist are too sensitive you can't voice your likes and dislikes without them catching feelings..umm this is a paid service and if it done tactfully it should be an issue right? Anyhow after she used the Sedu and made my hair look Asian, I have to say I will NOT be returning, I have to find a beautician who is up on game.

Results are flat super straight, flowing hair, at what cost?? I will be doing a heavy protein real soon- she did use salon products mizani and affirm condish so I believe I had good protection but just to be safe.

Ms. Stylist also said oh you only be relaxing your nugrowth huh? As oppose to my whole head every-time( they really need more African American training in these schools with books by Cathy Howse, Audrey S. etc..) so,e of these chicks are lost
I really like my hair when it was puffy and my husband said the same thing, " it's soo flat" , I'm going to add some fan curls to the front KimK style for the reunion, here are the pics I'm definitely going past bsl now and won't cut( I do trim) until I reach mid back
FYI ** from past heat damage two inches from my nape is half the length or five inches shorter than the rest**

Attachments

• image-3578514248.jpg
    image-3578514248.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2321722199.jpg
    image-2321722199.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image-833538824.jpg
    image-833538824.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image-2463263879.jpg
    image-2463263879.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Oh my @mshoneyfly, salon visit to JCPENNY was a trip- and not a good one. I went there and was not going to be like"you need to do blah..or I don't like" and I was going to bring my Hercules combs but I didn't want to be extra and to give the salon the benefit of the doubt, uh no.

Ms stylist wanted to comb my soaking wet hair ONE and TWO with a small tooth comb.
Then to fry the hell outta my hair with the blow dryer after I sat underneath the hair dryer.

These new stylist are too sensitive you can't voice your likes and dislikes without them catching feelings..umm this is a paid service and if it done tactfully it should be an issue right? Anyhow after she used the Sedu and made my hair look Asian, I have to say I will NOT be returning, I have to find a beautician who is up on game.

Results are flat super straight, flowing hair, at what cost?? I will be doing a heavy protein real soon- she did use salon products mizani and affirm condish so I believe I had good protection but just to be safe.

Ms. Stylist also said oh you only be relaxing your nugrowth huh? As oppose to my whole head every-time( they really need more African American training in these schools with books by Cathy Howse, Audrey S. etc..) so,e of these chicks are lost
I really like my hair when it was puffy and my husband said the same thing, " it's soo flat" , I'm going to add some fan curls to the front KimK style for the reunion, here are the pics I'm definitely going past bsl now and won't cut( I do trim) until I reach mid back
FYI ** from past heat damage two inches from my nape is half the length or five inches shorter than the rest**

MizzBFly, you look pissed:sad: cute dimples though:drunk:, your hair doesn't look bad but your experience sounds horrible, i don't know why they use those terrible rat teeth combs

LILMOMMA1011, because of the flat iron temp she used, I was thinking how much damage has been done? Can I fix said damage? Right now I woke up thinking aphogee 2 step is in order after this weekend. Hopefully my ceramides usage has worked in my favor to build on my cuticles:)

I'm 2 weeks post I think -- Planning to relax sometime in late august/September (14-16 weeks stretch)

MizzBFly

Im glad you and your hair survived all the trauma (and drama!!). "Miss Stylist" "she made my hair look Asian". LOL!! That part was too funny girl!!

Im sure all your hard work has paid off to minimize the damage. You know exactly what to do on your next wash day, thankfully!!

ETA: you look soo cute! Be sure to add another pic of that Kim K style :)

Lord help me, I am 9 weeks post this Sunday and my hair is acting up! Since I used the last of my Paul Mitchell products last week, I thought I could save myself some dough and I broke out the shampoo and deep conditioner from Shea Moisture's Raw Shea Butter line and see if my hair likes it...and it doesn't! Big time!

Fortunately I'm not shedding, but for the first time in months I am seeing little broken hairs everywhere and it is freaking me out! I suspect that it was the masque/deep conditioner that's the culprit; my hair felt fine after the shampoo, but when I applied the deep conditioner and sat under the dryer, that's when the problems began. Instead of feeling soft and moisturized like it does with my regular DC, it felt rough, like I baked in some flour or something. Detangling was a NIGHTMARE; thank God I'm patient and I have my detangling routine down pat, or else I would have lost a cat-sized ball of hair in the process. M&S was a mess; my hair kept drinking the moisturizer up and spitting out dry, crunchy roots, no matter how much I applied. It was the worst wash I have had in two years. I will not be purchasing that DC again. And I was so disappointed, since the restorative elixir from that line works so well as a sealer for me. :ohwell:

Oh well, thank goodness I had only purchased the transition kit (on sale no less), so I used up all of the DC and most of the shampoo; next wash I will use up the rest of the shampoo and the regular conditioner (hopefully it will be better than the DC!) and on payday I will trudge back to the JCP salon to pick up some more Paul Mitchell product. I can't risk any setbacks in the 3 weeks before I relax, as I am flying to New York at the end of the month and I want a cute fresh relaxer for my trip.

i had the same problem with the DC from Shea Moisture:nono: and the checkout clerk tried to tell my butt she had problems too.

The shampoo is the bomb though! doyoulike that one koolkittychick?

mshoneyfly

I had a great time at the reunion but my curls didn't hold up, I just did the front KK style, we were in a rush and didn't take pics beforehand :ohwell:

12 weeks and one day, still don't know if i'm transitioning or doing a long stretch, i find dealing with my hair after washing is not difficult, even though i air dried my hair is manageable and soft and i keep it simple. moisturize and seal day and night and tie it down at night , wake up do the same thing and put "hair candy" in my hair and a clip, applied on wash day a little of the argan oil ecostyler gel and that's it, i might keep doing that boring do, i kind of want to relax, the curls don't last as long, maybe because i don't sleep like a princess...,

15 weeks. currently have cornrows in. Plan on taking them out on Sunday, do wash and set for 2 more weeks then touch up.

11 weeks and six days post relaxer and idk when my next TU, still don't know if i'm transitioning or not even though i have the urge to relax but since the stretch is going well it's pushing me forward, i'm looking to go the least 24 weeks to see the amount of hair i retained but of course if it can't be tamed or breakage from the amount of new growth i will relax

6 weeks post today......

18 weeks post, unsure if going to ever perm again... Its like my mind is telling me no, but my eyes are saying yes... :perplexed...

attachment.php

10 weeks post right now and not sure exactly when touch up.. Anywhere from 12-18 weeks depending on the texture and how it lay down...

3 weeks post tomorrow. Next planned touch up date is September 7th at 16 weeks.

13 weeks on Monday. I look a hot mess..at least I feel like it. I'm buying a relaxer today and will prob relax tomorrow.

9 weeks today I believe. Technically, I only have 1-3 weeks more to go (hard to believe) for my seasonal relaxer, but since I set myself for it, 7 more weeks to go. If I can hold out until the end of July, it would be so beautiful.

I would really like to wait until August (beginning) to fulfill my 16 week stretch only because if I stretch that long, I will be an inch away from MBL if not already MBL at that time.

This Silk Dream Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner is making stretching easier and CHI is making my rollerset hair a dream. It just might happen.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

13 weeks and 6 days, dang that week flew almost two week later since I posted, it's not that hard managing new growth i getting to know my hair better. I'm debating should i relax in July because going to Vegas and don't want to look a mess paying gong out but than again i could just bring my flexi rods and look like i got a fresh roller set the next day, idk. What will seal the deal for me to relax is if detangling becomes a nightmare after washing, I hope not because that would be a lot of hair lost

15 weeks. currently have cornrows in. Plan on taking them out on Sunday, do wash and set for 2 more weeks then touch up.

My last wash day is tomorrow before my TU.

Gonna get KeraPro from sallys as my DC for the TU..been hearing good things :drunk:

My last wash day is tomorrow before my TU.

Gonna get KeraPro from sallys as my DC for the TU..been hearing good things :drunk:

KeraPro is pretty good. The cones were the only reason I stopped using it (I can only use cones for styling). It is one of the best DC's I ever used though.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Back