Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

Just self relaxed 1 hour ago, I'm sitting here with DC and a plastic bag on my head. I was 9 weeks post but previous relaxer was underprocessed so I did a small corrective, crossing my fingers that it will not fall out :)

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

2 days post. Next relaxer in October at 20 weeks.

The tension blow dry method has saved my 11 wk post roots, they were poppin:) I just did the roots after my hair was 80% dry, so I really think this is a method that can be done weekly? And tips ladies who also practice this method and are texlaxed or natural?

I will be 11 weeks post on Sat and will be relaxing then. Too much going on next wkend at 12 wks post. Pre-pooing with Kanechom cond mixed with a tbls of JBCO has made this stretch a breeze. I sure hope this is not a fluke cause that is how I will be doing my cowashes from now on.:yep:

any ladies relaxing this weekend? :look: and want to be relaxer buddies?:drunk:

-I'll be 12 wks this Thursday and I have some shedding but my roots are also very thick but workable
-I have a class reunion I want to be snatched for :grin: any takers?

I relaxed last night. I couldn't wait until this weekend since my class reunion is on Saturday:grin:

I added VO5 moisture milk, Roux and hempseed oil to my length and a lil' more VO5 to my nu-growth. I did the half and half method & added some hempseed oil to my relaxer. I pre- twisted and from start to finish I timed for 15 min which is my recommended use with ORS.

NOW...LOL :perplexed

My roots came out straight(I saw it doing a nice wave at 11min or so but I decided to do the whole 15 from past totally underprocessed texlax results) so I have 3in of straight hair from the roots then 5inches of fluffly texlaxed hair:lick: then 4 inches of straight relaxed ends :nono:

This is what kills me about texlaxing- I cannot get consistency. I have an appointment with the JC Penny Salon today which is why I relaxed so I can just have them style, but I am seriously considering getting my relaxer at a salon, the fee is 80 + 12 for and DC treatment AND they use Affirm which I know will give me the texlaxed look but Im so used to doing it on my own IDK and that price is some nice change I could use for shoes or more hair stuff:yep:

I hope, pray & hope again that my roots get some waves after a couple washes and doesn't stay straight:ohwell: I love the fluffy look!!

I have some pics for examination purposes:look:
**it looks APL but I will see the full results and take more pics after my visit at the salon.**

Attachments

• relaxer front shot.jpg
    relaxer front shot.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 96
  • body side view.jpg
    body side view.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 82
  • side view relaxer.jpg
    side view relaxer.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 109
  • length view to texlaxed gone wrong.jpg
    length view to texlaxed gone wrong.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

18 weeks post today!
Not sure when I will be touching up.

I have 5 more weeks in my box braids.

One week post, going 20 to 24 weeks again.

I relaxed last night. I couldn't wait until this weekend since my class reunion is on Saturday:grin:

I added VO5 moisture milk, Roux and hempseed oil to my length and a lil' more VO5 to my nu-growth. I did the half and half method & added some hempseed oil to my relaxer. I pre- twisted and from start to finish I timed for 15 min which is my recommended use with ORS.

NOW...LOL :perplexed

My roots came out straight(I saw it doing a nice wave at 11min or so but I decided to do the whole 15 from past totally underprocessed texlax results) so I have 3in of straight hair from the roots then 5inches of fluffly texlaxed hair:lick: then 4 inches of straight relaxed ends :nono:

This is what kills me about texlaxing- I cannot get consistency. I have an appointment with the JC Penny Salon today which is why I relaxed so I can just have them style, but I am seriously considering getting my relaxer at a salon, the fee is 80 + 12 for and DC treatment AND they use Affirm which I know will give me the texlaxed look but Im so used to doing it on my own IDK and that price is some nice change I could use for shoes or more hair stuff:yep:

I hope, pray & hope again that my roots get some waves after a couple washes and doesn't stay straight:ohwell: I love the fluffy look!!

I have some pics for examination purposes:look:
**it looks APL but I will see the full results and take more pics after my visit at the salon.**

MizzBFly
I used to go to JCP too so I know the prices are too high!! Affirm used to give me terrible, huge dandruff flakes until I switched to ORS. I have always been a self-relaxer and now I use Just For Me.

Did you use the exact same process as your last few t/u's?

You probably wont be happy if you go to the salon. If I were you, I would focus on thickening up the edges and maybe skip the edges on your next t/u. I have found that the oil does not really slow the relaxer but I do it anyway.

How do you plan to style your hair for the reunion? Are u wearing it straight? Couldn't you style it yourself? I would hate to see all that pretty hair ruined by a salon visit

Just one week post and I am enjoying the feeling of a fresh touch-up.

OMG, I completely lost count. :nono:

MizzBFly, I heard that a (strong-ish) protein treatment might put some texture back in your hair. Don't use nothing crazy though, like Aphogee 2 step, I don't wanna be responsible for any potential mishaps. :nono: (that mess is strong!) Maybe some Joico or the Aphogee 2 min, even Emergencee...?

Back