Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

1 1/2 weeks post. 12 more to go :grin: I love stretching, but my hair has been responding well to every 10 to 14 weeks (Usually 12-14, its rare I texturize before 12 weeks post).

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

6 weeks post...? to go.

I'm shooting for a 12-16 week stretch.

6 weeks post... 6 more to go.

I am about 15-16 weeks post and thats only because I have box braids.

19 weeks post, going for 26 Weeks!
Will texlax on June 30 2013

9 weeks post and this new growth is something serious

mschristine: Mine too! I reallly want to relax this week and end my stretch. I think some stretches go better than others. I'm doing a protein treatment today. I'm actually under the dryer now, using Affirm 5n1. I haven't done a treatment since my relaxer and I'm hoping it will help tame my new growth. If not, I'm relaxing this weekend or one day next week.

11 weeks post.
I plan to relax at 13 weeks post on May 24th.

I think this was the post I promised a pic update! Ill be posting one after my next wash... I'm finally getting my life back from graduation! And I made BSL!!! I'm 3 weeks post and I am working on gaining thickness for this next stretch. It would awesome to be MBL at the end of the year!!!

I am 10 weeks post hoping to texlax at 12 weeks. Just started my HHJ and finally made it past an 8 week stretch. Woot!:drunk:

I need to make a decision ASAP...

I am 14 Weeks 4 days today... My roots are okay so far, still in process of doing a cpr treatment now, before this pre-poo'ed with a concoction of dr. Miracles applied first, and then other oils (coconut, garlic, grape-seed oil) as rec'd by bottle.... I put Honey on ends per another thread/YouTube or something. Lol...

After will wash in a few and then Aphogee 2 min.. .

Sometimes I feel like I am doing to much, or just lazy and/or need to start earlier... (started at about 8:30pm) Cooked dinner so let oil/honey sit while doing that... Need to be up by 7:30am...

I am 2 weeks post and already my hair cannot lay flat anymore. I already feel new growth coming out of my scalp. I don't know if that's normal or not. But it's A LOT more than I'm used to feeling just 2 weeks after a relaxer. Either my hair is growing a lot faster or not using heat is making a huge difference in my curl pattern already.

I told myself I'm not relaxing again (although I will do it myself for the first time!!) until August. I'm trying to figure out how to stretch that long with hair so short.

:looks at calendar: Is this right??

8 weeks post tomorrow??? Where did the time go?? 12 weeks would be June 13th but I might try to stretch longer. I know how to handle the tangles and shedding now for the most part...

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 9 or 10

When is your next touch up?
June but I am seeing more shed than I like, I will try a treatment before I decide the stretch is over(10 wks doesnt seem like a stretch to me though)

What relaxer will you use? ORS Lye- my fave is Linage but I hate having to order online

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? self relax

I am currently 24 weeks post. My first stretch since initially texlaxing my hair in November. Never again. Way toooooo long.

I'm planning to touch up next weekend with ORS lye relaxer, mixed with coconut oil. And I self relax. Can't wait till next weekend!!!! These three inches or new growth are KILLIN me!!

3 weeks post yesterday. Not relaxing until September when I'm 20 weeks post.

I'm kind of torn... normally I go 8 - 9 weeks post and im retaining practically all my growth.... I decided to go 16 weeks this time... and stretching is going good so far (12 this week)... I'm thinking of whether/not to relax by the end of this month instead of the end of June... Ive never stretched so long... nothing was wrong with my previous reggie... You know, if it aint broke... I just dont want to risk a set back in the name of a stretch...

lamaria211 oh gosh!! Hooooow can u do that!? What's ur texture? I think the only way I made it to 24 weeks is bc I was in braids like the last three months of the stretch

i was only able to do it with a lot of help from wigs, my texture is super coarse 4c. i kept it in braids hidden under a wig 100% of the time only taking the braids out on wash days. I dont think ill go longer than 3-4 months on my next stretch, it was really hard. but i did learn a lot so who knows :look:
I might try 5 months considering how much i loved seeing so much length progress

i was only able to do it with a lot of help from wigs, my texture is super coarse 4c. i kept it in braids hidden under a wig 100% of the time only taking the braids out on wash days. I dont think ill go longer than 3-4 months on my next stretch, it was really hard. but i did learn a lot so who knows :look:
I might try 5 months considering how much i loved seeing so much length progress

lamaria211 right?! I'm Excited to see my progress when I relax. how do you typically where it? Straight?

Last edited:

lamaria211 right?! I'm Excited to see my progress when I relax. how do you typically where it? Straight?

im usually in a bun because i only texlax so my hair isnt all the way straight and im scared to use heat.

Back