Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

13 weeks 1 day and this BIG red braid out is turnin heads LOL

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

29 weeks... Relaxing next week at 30!!!

I am at 27 weeks. Will relax at week 28.

11 weeks, I don't know whether to relax at 12 or keep on, we'll see.

11 weeks and 1 day...original goal was 12 weeks. Hoping now I can hold out until the end of the month, but either way making it to 12 is good.

I'm 10 weeks and 2 days post. Trying to make it to the end of the month for a total of 13 weeks, but I am struggling. I am debating whether to try self-relaxing again or going to my stylist to have her correct the under processing disaster that was my last self-relaxer attempt in December. On the one hand, she gives me the results I want from a relaxer -- straight, flowy, silky fabulousness, but she is not patient with my hair (especially after long stretches), and I end up losing more hair to her than necessary due to her slightly rough detangling methods and her tendency to be a little scissor happy when it comes to my ends. :nono:

On the other hand, I am extremely rusty with the relaxer, especially the lye formulation I am using, so the last time I tried I came out severely underprocessed with a burn on the back of my head, and that's even with basing my scalp and pre-parting my sections before I applied the relaxer. I guess ultimately it will depend on my money situation after I file my taxes. :ohwell:

about to attempt to relax on my own, hope it goes smoothly..........

2 days post after a 12 week stretch. I did my first relaxer and I think it may be under processed, still hoping to make the next one 10-12 weeks. Next time I'm join to try the half and half method.

2 days post after a 12 week stretch. I did my first relaxer and I think it may be under processed, still hoping to make the next one 10-12 weeks. Next time I'm join to try the half and half method.
I just did a relaxer the half and half method and I still end up with the other half wet! SmH, then I have to get under the dryer let the other side dry and then relax the other, I think I am going to just start in the back which is the more coarser part and end up with the front, I just got to detangle good and move fast

In my 11th week.

I am very fortunate that I work in a country where I can 'wrap' my hair to work. So, I am wearing big plaits under a silk hair tie and a nicer black hair wrap that isn't wrapped too tight.

I plan to relax after Good Friday.

Best,
Almond Eyes

6 weeks post. I plan to relax at 10 weeks this time.

I'm around 16 weeks post now. A couple years ago, I'd be itching to relax by now, but I've gotten much better at stretching. I feel like I could go a full year, but still plan on relaxing at week 27 or 28 (late May).

Today makes 8 weeks post. Trying my very best to make it to 20 weeks which would be June 4th. 15 weeks has been my longest stretch so far. Trying my best not to go over 3 or 4 relaxers this year. 20 weeks, here I come.

18 weeks, 3 days post. Debating whether to texlax at 22-24 weeks, or try and stretch to 26, 28, or 30 wks. Idk right now...ng isnt hard to manage at all.

Yesterday made 20 weeks post :woohoo:. My touch up is scheduled for next Tuesday.

4 weeks tomorrow! Where has the time gone???

7 weeks post tomorrow.
Planing on TU my texlax at 16 weeks posts... now considering 24 weeks instead.

11 weeks post and will be relaxing Friday or Sat!!!!

16 weeks post... Won't be relaxing until around June

Back