Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I made 5 weeks post on Thursday, I'm relaxing at 12 weeks.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I am 2 weeks post. Don't know when I'll relax again.

I'm currently 10 weeks post. Relaxing on April 13th at 16 weeks post.

I have a question! Is it normal for your relaxer to kind of wear off cause when i air dry it looks blow dried im not worried but im just not sure it should look so puffy after 3 months

Attachments

• image-3018116982.jpg
    image-3018116982.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image-3370263797.jpg
    image-3370263797.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 29

I am 7 weeks and a day post and the shedding that I am getting, although I deep condition my hair weekly and co wash mostly, is telling me that I will be relaxing this weekend.

Last edited:
I have a question! Is it normal for your relaxer to kind of wear off cause when i air dry it looks blow dried im not worried but im just not sure it should look so puffy after 3 months

Maybe its your new growth that's causing the puffiness. Even my relaxed hair acts different once the new growth is in!

Maybe time for some protein. Imho

Suny

I did a protein dc last week.

The hairs that I'm losing are actually shed hairs because they are all the entire length of my hair with the bulb at the end.

I rarely get the broken short hairs.

I'm 7 weeks post & relaxing at 12-13 weeks (somewhere between 4/19 & 4/26)with Elasta QP Mild Lye Relaxer. After I unwrapped my hair Saturday, my NG was being disobedient so I applied some Elasta QP Mango Butter & Olive Oil moisturizer directly to my NG & wrapped it back up. She has been tamed!! I think that I just may be able to aim for 13 weeks :grin:. I say that right now though.

Two days post after a12-13 week stretch, used mizani butter blends and accidently texlax. Not sure when I will relax again it all depends on how this texlax situation works out. Aiming for my usual 12 weeks, but I am guessing that might b cut short, oh well:look:

I did a protein dc last week.

The hairs that I'm losing are actually shed hairs because they are all the entire length of my hair with the bulb at the end.

I rarely get the broken short hairs.

What about tea rinses I've read a lot of women have great success... I haven't tried. When my shedding was worrisome a hardcore protein treatment helped me. Wish I didn't get broken hairs....

Suny

Texlaxed-
5 weeks post

What about tea rinses I've read a lot of women have great success... I haven't tried. When my shedding was worrisome a hardcore protein treatment helped me. Wish I didn't get broken hairs....

Suny

I'm going to look that up because I have seen women raving about the tea rinses and garlic treatments to eliminate the amount of shedding.

Interesting...:yep:

Last edited:

6 weeks post and lovin my new growth

Don't give up:bighug:! Do you relax bone straight or texlax. When I used to be bone straight, my hair used to be flat, but after a couple of washes it returned back to normal. When I flat iron, I DC for about an hour, rinse, shampoo, apply a mild protein & then co-rinse. I then M&S and air dry in four braids. Once the hair is completely dry, I apply Chi guard or Matrix heat protectant and then flat iron. Once I'm done flat ironing I apply Chi Silk fusion or Avocado oil.

I hope this helps. Hopefully some of the other ladies have some more tips:drunk:

I wont give up I know this journey isnt easy but it will be worth it in the end. I tried to make my mom telax it but It ended up being bone straight do I have to add any oils are anything? I used a regular relaxer by creme of nature argan oil

6 weeks and 3 days post. The time when things start getting difficult:lol:. I'm going to avoid washing my hair this week until my other products are ordered.

how do you ladies make your silky when you flat iron it when I do mine it comes out flat and limp I relaxed today my hair grew but its flat no volume I did not sit long for the relaxer times like this make me want to give up on my journey:cry2::cry2::cry2:

A heat serum w/ no other products gives me the silky look while flat ironing.

9 weeks and 4 days. I want to try and hold out for 12 or 14 weeks before I touch up. I may be able to go longer, I find that Elasta Olive Oil and Mango Butter moisturizer is keeping my new growth under control.

Last edited:

Thursday coming will be 9 weeks post. Trying to stretch for another 9 weeks, the week of May 9th.

I am 9 wks post and will relax 11 or 12 wks post. I can't wait to relax since I am bunning. It's getting that "not cute":nono: look. I will self relax.

ten weeks and two days post and going to relax with the help of my SO on wednesday:drunk:

Eight weeks and 1 day. I had planned to self relax/texlax at 12-16 weeks but now I'm thinking I'll just play it by ear (or should I say by hair). My last stretch was for about 7 months. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

21 weeks and counting. Probably will relax in the next couple of weeks. I get nervous about the 6 month mark. I had a bad breakoff happen when I did a 6 month stretch. But back then, I was a little less knowledgeable...

Back