Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

@sunnieb haha...actually when I first started my journey I was hoping to relax every 16 weeks but before long I abandoned that idea...If I can make it to 18 this time I'd be happy but the true goal is every 16 so if I get desperate which I don't think I will with you and baddison being such great cheerleaders I'll relax at 16. I will REALLY try for 18:yep: I have the two of you to thank big time as even here at 9 I'm smooth sailing:yep:
The last time I was able to be smooth sailing at 9 weeks is when I would flat iron after a wash I'm amazed that I'm here stretching without heat:woohoo:

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm at ten weeks and usually shoot for 12 weeks but I will be relaxing at 11 this time so my hair will be looking fresh to death for my wedding. I think next round I will shoot for 16 weeks since it has been getting easier to stretch as my hair is growing out. That Scurl on new growth works some miracles!

I was 11 weeks post and just got my touch up at noon (normally try to go at least 12; usually about 15 weeks).

I got bangs cut and I don't like them :look: I've brushed them back already :look: I looked really good with bangs last time, but something...has changed :look:

Last edited:
7wks post. I was gonna tu in april but I might hold out till may. As long as I'm not shedding too much.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

9 weeks post today and planning on going another 9 weeks at least. :yep:

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

8 weeks post. Will relax at 12 wks post.

16 weeks post, touch-up is due around mid to late May, @ about 6.5 months post (26 wks).

Last edited:

I am 15 weeks post today. I am not sure when my next relaxer is, but I know that by before June 14, I am relaxing, I am get one more relaxer in months before that, or it might be in June. IDK

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? One week

When is your next touch up? July 2013

What relaxer will you use? Phyto relaxer Index I

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-relax

4 weeks post yesterday.
Next touch up in 12 weeks.
Planning on sef texlaxing w/ ors regular lye.

6 weeks post on Thurs of this week.

10 weeks post
Relaxing next week @11 weeks with Mizani lye normal strength
It'll be my first time doing it myself. My goal this year is to become a full-fledged DIYer.

17 weeks post ! I cannot wait to perm my hair next week which will be 18 weeks you know when your in a deep stretch when your hair begins to coil up lol I washed my hair today Im proud of my new growth :yep:

Attachments

• photo-11.JPG
    photo-11.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 19
  • photo-9.JPG
    photo-9.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

I checked this thread to see if I'd posted when I last relaxed as I so often do so that I can look back to see how many weeks I am. But I didn't and I have no clue how many weeks post I am! I'm gonna guesstimate somewhere between 12 and 14. :crazy:

18 weeks post... hope to relax in 2 weeks.

6 weeks. I was only going to go 10, but now seeing that my lay treatment tamed this hellcat, ill stick with 12

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

11 weeks post and entering full stretching mode.

Planning to relax in 7 weeks on April 19.

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Heading into week 10. I'm stopping at 12 weeks. Whew, this will be the shortest stretch ever!

how do you ladies make your silky when you flat iron it when I do mine it comes out flat and limp I relaxed today my hair grew but its flat no volume I did not sit long for the relaxer times like this make me want to give up on my journey:cry2::cry2::cry2:

how do you ladies make your silky when you flat iron it when I do mine it comes out flat and limp I relaxed today my hair grew but its flat no volume I did not sit long for the relaxer times like this make me want to give up on my journey:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Don't give up:bighug:! Do you relax bone straight or texlax. When I used to be bone straight, my hair used to be flat, but after a couple of washes it returned back to normal. When I flat iron, I DC for about an hour, rinse, shampoo, apply a mild protein & then co-rinse. I then M&S and air dry in four braids. Once the hair is completely dry, I apply Chi guard or Matrix heat protectant and then flat iron. Once I'm done flat ironing I apply Chi Silk fusion or Avocado oil.

I hope this helps. Hopefully some of the other ladies have some more tips:drunk:

In the beginning of my journey there was no point of even trying to flat iron my new growth...it made it worst actually. But as the health of my hair improved and I invested in a CHI flatiron, I got silky results.

In the beginning of my journey there was no point of even trying to flat iron my new growth...it made it worst actually. But as the health of my hair improved and I invested in a CHI flatiron, I got silky results.

thanks for the reply okay that makes sense because when I flat iron it just looks limp I'll just wait till the health of my hair improves and invest in the chi flatiron thanks

I think I'm 9 or 10 week post. I lost count, but I'm relaxing today. I can't wait any longer.

Excuse the typos but i'm on my iPod touch

Back