Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

9 weeks this saturday. I'm trying to hold out until 12 weeks.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 11 weeks post. Trying to push for 16-20 weeks. I always get anxious to relax though.

I'm 11 weeks post and want to relax on Monday but might wait another week to prepare. I have been going to a stylist to relax but want to try and do it at home this time with the help of my mom (I've never done it myself, too scared to). I have been getting my hair relaxed bone straight and want to try texlaxing it because I want my hair to be thicker and hate how flat my hair looks right after a relaxer. I want to try ORS lye relaxer.

I am a number of weeks :look: post, no clue, between 16 and 20 I guesstimate. I'm relaxing tomorrow. A week ago, I washed, conditioned, air dried and flat ironed, getting the roots really good. This is so helpful a week before relaxing. It makes the hair and the new growth manageable enough, but also as the week passes, the new growth reverts enough that I can see and feel it for a touch up. :up:

I think I'm 15 weeks post today.

Relaxing on April 26.

I am 11 weeks post - record for me :)
I will be relaxing next weekend, if I dont go itch crazy by then, Im not having a ton of breakage this time around.

I will measure then as well!!

I am a number of weeks :look: post, no clue, between 16 and 20 I guesstimate. I'm relaxing tomorrow. A week ago, I washed, conditioned, air dried and flat ironed, getting the roots really good. This is so helpful a week before relaxing. It makes the hair and the new growth manageable enough, but also as the week passes, the new growth reverts enough that I can see and feel it for a touch up. :up:

This is exactly what I do when I relax my hair. If not, there is no way to get through all of my new growth.

I'm officially four weeks post. Another 4-6 to go.

Question though: Now that I can feel my new growth and it's obvious that I have a lot, is it normal for my scalp to feel really tender? My scalp is really sensitive/tender to the touch and I'm not sure why. I don't comb my hair or brush it or even scratch it. I haven't manipulated my hair at all in maybe 3 weeks. I haven't washed it in 2 weeks, though I plan to this weekend....I don't get it.

I'm 3 days post. Relaxed @ 13 weeks. hehe
I gotta stop trimming at every relaxer. I'm too scissor happy.
Gonna go another 12 weeks & relax again. But no trim. Will trim again in Sept.

Do you self relax or go to a salon? If you are a salon girl, who do you go to in West Palm Beach? Oh, and also, do you do your own trims?

I'm seven weeks and not sure when I will relax.

I'm relaxing tonight. Last relaxer was in Dec. I can't wait to see and feel my scalp again :spinning:

1 day away from 18 weeks post. I'm not sure when I'll relax again.

I didn't record the date of my last relxaer, but it was back in January. I texlaxed my leave out edges a few days ago (they were getting ridic lol), but I'm giving myself a touch up everywhere else probably in a week or two. Thank god for weaves.

I'm 13 weeks post...my longest stretch ever. Not sure if it's my products or what, but I've barely had any tangles or itchiness, and my hair is laying well and doesn't look like it's trying to walk off my head. I'm trying for 16 weeks now, but if my hair is still behaving then I'll try for 20!

I go to a salon to relax and they use mizani on me. I suck at doing it myself.

12 weeks post. I really had to sit down and think about when I last relaxed to get that number.

I'm not set to relax until the beginning of May. :yep:

21 weeks post in 2 days im TingUp at 26 weeks

14 weeks in and stretching to June, touch up 2x's a year, June and January.

I'm 3 days post. Relaxed @ 13 weeks. hehe
I gotta stop trimming at every relaxer. I'm too scissor happy.
Gonna go another 12 weeks & relax again. But no trim. Will trim again in Sept.

pre_medicalrulz -You do a great job trimming yourself, how do you do it so evenly? I just cant seem to do it evenly so i end up snipping all over the place.

You think it looks even? It really isn't. I trim in sections & try to trim off the same amount all around. Sometimes I get it right & other times I stumble. Lol

pre_medicalrulz - I ended up doing this with my last trim a few weeks ago. It worked for me, so I hope I can get it right again when I relax at the end of this month.

I'm 13 weeks post. I was going to get my hair braided in Senegalese twists to prolong my stretch, but I don't want to be bothered with sitting for hours to get my hair done. I think I'll relax later this week or this weekend.

9 weeks post this past Saturday... plan to relax sometime between 16 and 20 weeks. Depends on how my hair "speaks" to me lol

I'm 3 days post. Relaxed at 11 weeks. Really wanted to wait for 12 weeks, but weekend plans prevented this. I am aiming for 16 weeks my next stretch. I hope it's successful.

Grammatical Errors Courtesy of iPhone and Wonky iOS Updates

I'm 2 weeks 4 days post and I'm planning to touch-up sometime in June between 12-16 weeks post.

Back