Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

I'm 14 weeks post. In the past, I've relaxed at 12 weeks. Buuutttt....I'm just going to take it week by week. My pie in the sky goal is 6 months, but we'll see. I was natural for years, so it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Im 7 weeks post currently and honestly I have the slightest idea of when my next touch up will be :S. Im texlax so its a bit difficult to see the differences between textures under 10 wks post. Usually im I go at least 4 months between TU's, however I may cut mt stretch to 10 weeks so that I can have a fresh texlax for Thanksgiving, but we'll see.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 10 weeks post, I will be relaxing on Nov. 4th. Currently not friends with my hair right now, BUT, what can ya do...

I might braid it up and wear my wig till december but im scared. Managing my ng and texlaxed hair has been kinda easy because I've gotten used to it.

What if I braid my hair up for a month, take it down, and cause a whole lot of damage because I've gotten out of rhythm? I don't want all the work I put in trying to learn my hair go to waste.

I finally started detangling from the ends, using a wider comb, being gentle my hair, and cuting down on the heat. I really dont wanna mess that up.

My SO comes back at exactly 16 weeks so im relaxing 2 days before.

Last edited:
Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?
10 wks

When is your next touch up?
15th November

What relaxer will you use?
Affirm mild/regular

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?
Going to a salon

ETA: After my next touch-up, I'm looking to stretch for until end of March 2013

Last edited:
Was going to be 20 weeks Monday but relaxing today after I take a nap because I work Monday AMD will be to tired to do it

18 weeks post... Relaxing at 20 weeks w. Linange Shea Butter Relaxer. I plan to do a protein treatment (my first one ever) next weekend in preparation for my relaxer. I basically started on this journey with my last relaxer. So all that I've learned these last twenty weeks (and trust I've absorbed so much helpful information) will really be implemented with this relaxer.

Quick question ladies... What do you like to use to base your scalp... And what is your process for application (when, how... )

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now?

When is your next touch up?

- 11/10/12

What relaxer will you use?

- Linange Shea Butter Relaxer

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax?

- Self-relax.

1 day post after 19 ish week stretch

Going for 14 weeks this time

Using ORS regular mixed with conditioner

Self relax

I use Vaseline and get no burns. In shower it felt like I had 2 small sore spots but when I was done I didn't feel anything at all even after combing vigorously. I just part my hair and apply

A couple of hours post and going to relax in ten weeks, my hair has grown but not happy with the thickness at all, but waiting for hair to fill out more I guess, if it does, I don't know how that works...

Lilmama1011 said:
A couple of hours post and going to relax in ten weeks, my hair has grown but not happy with the thickness at all, but waiting for hair to fill out more I guess, if it does, I don't know how that works...

Your hair actually has to "grow out" if that makes sense. Whatever caused your hair to thin needs to grow out so that your new growth can be your majority length. If your root area and first few inches if your hair is thick, consider when you started your journey. What was the condition of your hair then and has it completely grown out?

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Your hair actually has to "grow out" if that makes sense. Whatever caused your hair to thin needs to grow out so that your new growth can be your majority length. If your root area and first few inches if your hair is thick, consider when you started your journey. What was the condition of your hair then and has it completely grown out?

That does makes sense, before my hair journey my hair was way thicker but I joined because I wanted ways to speed up my hair growth, mind you I don't have a growth problem but I realized it wasn't the speed, it was my frequent trimming, and I have cut down on it and have saw significant growth but I think it does have to grow out. The back it's what looks thin and my sides looks ok, I believe it came from this hair dresser putting relaxer on my previously relaxed hair and when I noticed it broke off in the back on the top I stopped going there, but I'm itching to cut but I don't want to and SO doesn't want me to but I worry about the thickness, but keep telling myself it will come

18 weeks post! This is the longest I've gone without a relaxer in over 20 years! I plan to relax in another 8 weeks. Depending on how I feel at that time I may stretch longer :)

Lilmama1011 said:
That does makes sense, before my hair journey my hair was way thicker but I joined because I wanted ways to speed up my hair growth, mind you I don't have a growth problem but I realized it wasn't the speed, it was my frequent trimming, and I have cut down on it and have saw significant growth but I think it does have to grow out. The back it's what looks thin and my sides looks ok, I believe it came from this hair dresser putting relaxer on my previously relaxed hair and when I noticed it broke off in the back on the top I stopped going there, but I'm itching to cut but I don't want to and SO doesn't want me to but I worry about the thickness, but keep telling myself it will come

Girl my predicament is similar. My length is thin because the bulkiness is damaged. My lowest layers are the shortest layers in my hair; your lowest layers should be your longer layers. My hair broke off really badly around the nape and edges of my hair. So the middle of my hair is at least three inches longer than the nape/back area. This area is just grazing SL while the rest of my hair is below collarbone and on its way to APL. So realistically I will not be able to claim APL until all my hair is one length. When I relax at 20 weeks, I will flat iron my hair to get a real length, stretch for another twenty weeks (no direct heat during the stretch) and then relax again. I'm hoping by that time I can trim to APL and all my hair will be the same length. It does take time and it does take patience.

Last edited:

sixteen, I'm going in for one today

Hellooooooooooo!! :grin: This is exactly what I've been trying to explain to my mother. She has very very thin ends because her hair is naturally thin and she hurt it even more by being bone straight. So she started texlaxing and she is noticing the thickness but can't understand the stringy ends. I keep telling her to watch her progress from where the thickness begins, not where the stringiness (if that's a word) ends. :spinning:

Hi:wave:

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 9

When is your next touch up? March

What relaxer will you use? Elasta Qp Soy Oyl Regular Strength

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-relax:yep:

pre_medicalrulz said:
Hellooooooooooo!! :grin: This is exactly what I've been trying to explain to my mother. She has very very thin ends because her hair is naturally thin and she hurt it even more by being bone straight. So she started texlaxing and she is noticing the thickness but can't understand the stringy ends. I keep telling her to watch her progress from where the thickness begins, not where the stringiness (if that's a word) ends. :spinning:

I totally agree. There is no product available in this world that can give you the hair that you lost back. You can only concentrate on the hair you haven't lost. Most people don't want to cut off those thin ends because they fear losing the length. So if you choose to keep those ends, understand that you will eventually HAVE to get rid of them.

21 weeks post. I'm planning to self-relax in about 6 weeks. I've been trying out Cowboy Magic during this stretch. I really like it so far.

11 Weeks playing with idea of transitioning. not sure, still trying to figure out why is it that I want to go natural...

---
In My Galaxy World!

^^ Im also 21 wks post. My next TU will be this wknd. I'll use a mild relaxer mixed with oils to get a texlaxed look.

im only 7 weeks post but my new growth is something fierce especially at my crown area, i was planning on relaxing next week but now i think im going to try and go to 12 weeks. im not having any breakage so im gonna take it day by day to see if i can make it 3 months. im going to start using scurl on my newgrowth to see if that will help me get a comb thru it at least 2x a week

I was 4 months post. I kept my hair protected under a sewn-in weave. I took it down and did rod sets for three weeks.

I had my cousin apply Nariobi senstive (two tubs) relaxer and I loved it! I normally like lye but my scalp is so sensitive and my course hair hardly ever gets really straight. But this did the job. I liked it way better than Mizani sensitive. And my hair felt smooth and still had body.

I'll wait a few weeks, roller set my hair, go back up in a weave.

Back