Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 9 weeks post and wanted to go 16 weeks but I may end my stretch on Wednesday and go to the salon and get my hair touched up because my social calendar will pick up Mid Oct to early Nov.

I plan to go 16 weeks after that.

I went looking for a blowdryer or flat iron today because I was toying with the idea of flat ironing my hair for these events. But I just don't no if I should use heat or just touch up? Ahhh.... I think I will just touch up. 9 weeks is long enough to not cause overlap.

I'm still undecided.

2 days post. I got it done on Friday after being 9 weeks post.

I'm slowly, but surly learning how to stretch my relaxer week by week.

Thanks to sunnieb for those thorough posts on stretching relaxers.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

20 weeks post...I don't think I can get it relaxed until mid November

I'm 10 weeks post, I got my appointment for Saturday Oct 13. Then on Saturday I get a voicemail from the salon asking if I would mind if another stylist did my hair. I called them back and said that I would mind indeed. That I had a hair consultation with my stylist and chose her based on that, she already knows how picky and pain in the a@$$ I can be, I know how gentle and careful she is and she knows my products. I'm soo upset about this. They only open til 6 weekdays except for Fridays when they close at 8, and they are closed on Sunday AND Monday, who does that?!
I had set it up for this Saturday as I don't drive, the salon is far from my home and DH is home this week and can drive me. If they can't schedule me for Saturday afternoon then I will need to wait 2 more weeks or do it myself.

11 weeks and 4 days... but I'm not counting... Planning to relax on saturday

About 8 weeks and getting a touch-up Saturday. I try to go 12+ weeks but I can't wait much longer. I'll try to stretch longer with the next one because I want to get a sew-in.

21 and a half weeks!!!!
Yaaaaaayyyyy!:grin:
I can't believe I made it this far.

Now everyone asks me if I'm going natural lol

7 weeks post, just scheduled a retouch for 10 weeks. I go between 10-12 weeks each relaxer depending on how my hair looks. I got a flat iron done for the first time since my relaxer, and it feels great. I will be going back to my protective styling in a week or so to finish out this stretch. I get my relaxer done at the salon. I'm growing my hair back out from a pixie cut, so I haven't had this much hair in a while! I'm thinking of getting a sew in, in December or January, so that should help me stretch a bit longer, maybe 15 weeks with my hair put up!

one week post going for 12 weeks although I may tu earlier just dependes on how my hair is looking.

I'm 14 weeks post, will get touch up next week.

I am 4 days post after a 12 week stretch. I am thinking I will stretch longer next time and just touch up myself. I'm tired of the slicked head look I head after a fresh bone straight relaxer. Also I want to thicken up my hair. My hair always looks the best at 4 weeks + post relaxer. So I will stretch until I can't take it anymore but aiming for at least 13 weeks.

I am 6 weeks post. I usually stretch for 10, but my new growth is out of control. It looks and feels like I have been stretching for at least 12 weeks. I am tempted to relax next week.

I'm 8 weeks post on the way to an 18week stretch. Next relaxer is December 22nd. :yay:

16-17 weeks post for 90% of my hair. 4 weeks post for my u-part. Took down
My install,.. Here's my NG.

I'll bun for a few weeks more I guess before I relax, but I'm so scared of overlapping.... I have a plan, but working with the back will be harder since I can't see it. Either way I think I'll hold off on relaxing my u- part and the front of my head ( first 20% of my head), until it thickens up and I have more NG to work with.

image-2018589210.jpg

image-565298077.jpg

Six weeks post. Relaxing at 18 weeks post.

About 25 weeks post. Next touchup is early next week.

This has been my longest stretch ever. Thank goodness for protective styles!

slp said:
About 25 weeks post. Next touchup is early next week.

This has been my longest stretch ever. Thank goodness for protective styles!

Wow! How was your wash days? Did you lose a lot of hair? How did you detangle after washing?

I am 15 weeks post this coming weekend. I want to retouch then. I use organics olive oil relaxer by africa's best. Salon definately. My self-relaxers turn into "texlaxers" and it's messy and takes a lot of time and energy...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using LHCF

I'm about 5wks post I think and I would love to make it to mid October. I may be able to pull it off if I get some senegalese done during that time.

I'm about 18wks post this week and the only way I've made it is by doing what I said I would--get senegalese twists. I've had them about 3wks and they are real loose. I wanted them to last until mid November but that's not likely to happen. BUT--I think I'm actually transitioning! I really love the feel of my new growth, not that it's soft or anything cuz it's not :lol: but it just feels much better than my relaxed hair. I will decide for sure if I'm really transitioning or not by Christmas, which means I will be getting Senegalese twists again in November. Wish me luck:spinning:

I'm 8 weeks post. Want to stretch for four more. I took a pic of u hair after combing to ask you guys if it was a normal amount of hair to loose or if i should end my stretch. my friend was looking through my phone pics and asked why I took a pic of my hair. I tried to explain but couldn't stop laughing bc I didn't really know how to phrase it. I'll be back later with the pic.

3 months Post relaxer
Next Relaxer: Oct. 17th
Relaxer: Maybe Silk Elements w/Shea Butter, but it did not take the last time. I have very coarse hair and a verrry sensitive scalp. But I want a lye relaxer. I used most of them. I may try Affirm next.

I stretch w/ sewn in weaves. Done by me!

8 weeks post today!

Feeling like I can safely hold out until December 22nd.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Back